Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Ifirit's Avatar Favor questions
Ifirit's Avatar Favor questions
By stratton 2012-01-12 14:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to start work on my Ifrit Magian Trial Staff, was wondering:

1. If a Warrior with 30% is in my party and I have Ifrit out with 390+ summoning skill (20% Double Attack I think)... does the warrior get 36% double attack or 50% double Attack?

2. Can the Avatar's Favor count outside of the DA cap of the warriors gear?

3. His level 70 BP, Flaming Crush appears to be 2 physical attacks and 1 magical attack in nature. Does it get a double penalty from Avatar's favor?

I'm assuming he is the ideal setup for a melee DPS heavy party, with his favor active and a rotation of Crimsion Howl, enfire and every 4-5 minutes a quick Garuda Haste. Is there a better setup that I am missing?
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-01-13 11:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

1. 50%
2. Not sure, I hadn't realized there was a gear cap. I'd be interested to know as well. Probably follows same rules as Fighter's Roll.
3. All 3 hits are penalized, if that's what you mean. The damage will be pretty bad, as Flaming Crush is pretty weak to begin with.

I honestly think you're going to hit a wall which is the downfall of favor: every time you use a BP, the favor resets to the minimum bonus. It's really not compatible with a Summoner who isn't brain dead.

The only time I use it is when I'm standing around waiting for procs in Voidwatch, which happens less and less these days as people tend to just go full steam right out of the gate now that they've gotten more accustomed to getting procs quickly.

Avatar's Favor is a cruel joke, nothing more.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Stratton
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: stratton
By Quetzalcoatl.Stratton 2012-01-13 11:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for response! I had a feeling it wouldnt work out as I imagined. I'm already into the fire aspects of my staff, so may as well finish it now.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2012-01-13 11:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
1. 50%
2. Not sure, I hadn't realized there was a gear cap. I'd be interested to know as well. Probably follows same rules as Fighter's Roll.
3. All 3 hits are penalized, if that's what you mean. The damage will be pretty bad, as Flaming Crush is pretty weak to begin with.

I honestly think you're going to hit a wall which is the downfall of favor: every time you use a BP, the favor resets to the minimum bonus. It's really not compatible with a Summoner who isn't brain dead.

The only time I use it is when I'm standing around waiting for procs in Voidwatch, which happens less and less these days as people tend to just go full steam right out of the gate now that they've gotten more accustomed to getting procs quickly.

Avatar's Favor is a cruel joke, nothing more.

This very much, you're better off not bothering with keeping favor up and instead do your strongest BP: rage for the current mob whenever you can and keep a regular ward buff rotation going if you're in a party.
By fyreus 2012-01-20 22:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Not this

What people sometimes forget is that if you are using ifrit then you've probably noticed you have quite a bit of melee in your group. Having a warrior get an extra hit with a GA would be an extra 300dmg or way more if considering abyssea and the difference between favor up and favor down isn't really noticable so you'd do more when you have melees doing more in the short/long run.

That's not to say you shouldn't BP... always BP unless there's a leak.
 Fenrir.Kaomii
Server: Fenrir
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2012-01-20 23:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't the bonus from Avatar's Favor reset when you use a Blood Pact?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-20 23:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no reachable cap on DA aside from the obvious one at 100% activation and you should absolutely keep favor up if you're buffing competent DDs.