Have Some Questions.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Have some questions.
Have some questions.
 Carbuncle.Darkbewd
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: DarkBEWD
By Carbuncle.Darkbewd 2012-01-04 07:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't find answers for these on the wiki.

1. I've read that the main basic stats (STR, DEX, INT, etc.) are assigned to elements, do the avatars reflect this as well?

2. In addition to the above, do avatars differ from each other stat wise and if so, what are the differences?

3. I've noticed that Carbuncle gets an Auto-Regen ability do other avatars get passive traits as well? If so, what are they and at what level?

Finally, I've managed to get it so that Carbuncle's perpetuation cost was 0 from levels 25 to 29, are there any other ways to get any avatars down to 0 perpetuation for levels 30-50?

Any extra info or advice is also appreciated.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2012-01-04 07:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

1.) Avatars are not affected by your own attributes, it must say pet: or avatar: to apply to your avatars (not including abyssea atmas.)

Editing a lot of this, I think i'm wrong on some stuff, just read the smn sections of this instead lol Kegsays livejournal

2) Garuda/ifrit/shiva/ramuh/levi/titan/diabolos are all classed as BLM.

Carbuncle is classed as WHM.

Fenrir has a lower attack delay than all the other avatars (280 delay, the others have 320 delay) Noone seems to know what his job is supposed to be.

Quote:
Fenrir + Celestial Avatar base damage = (AVATAR LEVEL x 0.74) - (Monster VIT/4)

Carbuncle base damage = (AVATAR LEVEL x 2/3) - (Monster VIT/4)

Celestial Avatars have 504 attack at Level 75. Carbuncle has more. Fenrir even more.

3.) Because carby is classed as WHM he gets auto regen trait at 25 like a normal WHM does, i'm not sure if he gains auto regen II like WHM does later on, I'm assuming he gets the MDB traits as well.

As I stated before, the ones that are BLM gain the same magic attack bonus traits as a BLM does.

I'm not sure you can get any other avatar down to 0 perp from 30-50 without having a mixture of RDM refresh, ballads and evoker's roll on you, I believe you can get diabolos free at 51 using austere robe and pluto's staff and using avatar's favor.
[+]
By Spira 2012-01-04 21:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's odd. I seem to remember diabolos being DRK, which would explain has lack of native MAB when it was used to calculate the boost in Nether Blast damage.

Anyway, stats-wise, celestials are generally the same, with the main difference being their elemental resistances. Because elemental resistance is tied to status immunity, they each have near immunity to various status effects. Like Garuda being strongest against petrify and Leviathan strongest vs Amnesia (which is fire based).

And as for perp cost, I don't think theres a way <50 either. But 50+ with favor, the 2nd avatar you can get free after Carby will be Fenrir first, not Diabolos.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2012-01-04 22:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely forgot about fenrir on that last bit :s.

Spira said: »
with the main difference being their elemental resistances. Because elemental resistance is tied to status immunity, they each have near immunity to various status effects. Like Garuda being strongest against petrify and Leviathan strongest vs Amnesia (which is fire based).

I should have mentioned this myself, it's one of the most important things to know about SMN, I see so many smn using bad avatar choices against a mob that uses specific elemental damage/debuffs, when their life could be so much easier by exploiting an avatar's natural resistances.

For example, I've seen too many people solo bakka with garuda and have to run around kiting, when It's soloable in <5min with a single ifrit.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Server: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-01-04 22:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Low delay? Fenrir must be a dancer!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Darkbewd
Server: Carbuncle
user: DarkBEWD