Xbox No Longer Freezing?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Xbox no longer freezing?
Xbox no longer freezing?
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-06-30 02:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have FFXI for the pc just sitting there but i refuse to update that thing apparently i have to do every update since it first came out for pc told me i have to update for 10 hrs i was like hell no sir i'll stay on 360.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-30 02:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Fmaxgluttony said: »
I have FFXI for the pc just sitting there but i refuse to update that thing apparently i have to do every update since it first came out for pc told me i have to update for 10 hrs i was like hell no sir i'll stay on 360.

torrent the update, paste it over, do a file check, much faster.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-06-30 02:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would do that if i cared to play on PC i really don't though feel much more comfortable on my console just my opinion on why I don't jump over to PC.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-30 03:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
It would be a welcome change, it would free up my computer to do other things. Like multibox without alt+tab.

alt tab with 2 fingers isnt easier than moving both hands to another keyboard/controller?
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-06-30 08:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Question:
I played ffxi on 360 since the 360 beta (with few long breaks) If i now whant to swap to PC, can i just download POL and FFXI somewhere put in my account info renew subscribtion and start? or do i have to buy a ffxi disc or the ffxi Steam Download version to play?
By Jetackuu 2012-06-30 11:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »
It would be a welcome change, it would free up my computer to do other things. Like multibox without alt+tab.

alt tab with 2 fingers isnt easier than moving both hands to another keyboard/controller?

no
By Jetackuu 2012-06-30 11:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Awezomeos said: »
Question:
I played ffxi on 360 since the 360 beta (with few long breaks) If i now whant to swap to PC, can i just download POL and FFXI somewhere put in my account info renew subscribtion and start? or do i have to buy a ffxi disc or the ffxi Steam Download version to play?
legally, you have to buy a version, technically you can just download it.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-30 11:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if your PC sucks, it wouldn't be easier to dual box on the same PC.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-30 12:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Maybe if your PC sucks, it wouldn't be easier to dual box on the same PC.

quad core i7 with 8gb of ram and a gig of dedicated video, no it doesn't suck, I prefer to switch input devices over switching an active window, I prefer to have multiple screens so I can always see what's going on, it'd be even easier if I set up more macros, but meh.

gets interesting when triboxing though, especially with wireless keyboards that look the same :P
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-30 12:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Question:

if you own the game, ur allowed to download it. well I dont wanna say allowed but there definitely is nothing that can be done about it legally.

and wow @ the alt+ tabbing being harder than totally moving ur hands to a separate controller/keyboard lol.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-30 12:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Question:

if you own the game, ur allowed to download it. well I dont wanna say allowed but there definitely is nothing that can be done about it legally.

and wow @ the alt+ tabbing being harder than totally moving ur hands to a separate controller/keyboard lol.

yeah there is, under current copyright law, it's illegal as hell and you could see yourself in court, if they so desired, unlikely but don't tell people that pirating can't land them in legal trouble. (not saying to not pirate (I'm pro pirating in most cases, including this one) but don't mislead people)

it's not the action that it's "harder" but being able to efficiently multibox on one pc vs multiple platforms (or pcs) definitely varying, and can differentiate between different people, so you do your thing, I'll do mine.
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-30 12:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt say pirating wont get people in trouble. I said you cant get in trouble for downloading a game you own lol. Same deal with roms.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-30 12:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt say pirating wont get people in trouble. I said you cant get in trouble for downloading a game you own lol. Same deal with roms.

and that is still pirating, so yes you can... ?(especially if they don't have it for that platform)... roms are different, as they aren't distributed on dvds. ?(inb4 not all forms of xi are either)?

tl;dr yes you did
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2012-06-30 12:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only legal to personally make a copy of something you own. It's still illegal to download a copy. If you're torrenting it, then you're also sharing the copy that you downloaded illegally too.

That said, I haven't heard of anyone even hearing from SE about downloading another copy of FFXI. You'd still have to purchase a CD Key if you didn't already own a copy of the game, so they're still getting money from new players.
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-30 12:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

when someone gets in trouble for it, be sure to let me know lol. will NEVER happen for an mmo game you have already purchased and are paying monthy for.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-30 12:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

when someone gets in trouble for it, be sure to let me know lol. will NEVER happen for an mmo game you have already purchased and are paying monthy for.

*sigh* nice trying to save face