Blu Voidwatch
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-12-01 10:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've always been going to VW on BLU but then I was thinking perhaps there are ways I can improve and maybe people are more experienced with these couple of situations.

1) How do you set your spells? For instance I go in with my usual spell set and then just change it when people find out weaknesses, is there a more efficient way to do this?

2) Landing spells that are pure enfeebling (eg Lowing) I seem to have difficulty, are the NMs generally just very resistant or will loading up on lots of M. Acc make a significant difference (well ignoring that I already use a lot of skill+ and M. Acc gear).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Sey
Server: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2012-01-10 13:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in alot of runs that only use 1 blu and the kind of sucks. With 2 blus we can have all procs set all of the time. For the most part I just carry 4 random elements and hope that it lands on one of them. I also rearranged my spell list with procs in order so that if an element pops up that's not set then I can swap to it quickly.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-01-10 13:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/26200/blue-mage-in-voidwatch/

Has some info.

Now I mostly sub WAR and have mainly DD assisting spells set(traits), and swap when I'm told the proc or I find it myself. Most NMs are zerged down now with fanatics so they really don't last long and most of the procs are coming from your BLMs.
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-01-10 13:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

from what I've seen on any nms where the 1 blue proc was utterly necessary you have time to wait the 1 minute to reset your spells, I just spam temps and cdc till someone says blu lol really not hard

ya what draylo said, I usually go /war to unless asked to do something like /dnc
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-10 13:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much, /WAR and spam CDC, etc., one addition however, there will be times where it'll be more effective to switch to magic damage. Lancing Lamorak is a decent example, as our magical spells bypass most forms of shadows, thus we can deal damage regardless of his current state.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-10 13:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
from what I've seen on any nms where the 1 blue proc was utterly necessary you have time to wait the 1 minute to reset your spells, I just spam temps and cdc till someone says blu lol really not hard

ya what draylo said, I usually go /war to unless asked to do something like /dnc
^

DW III, TA, Store TP, go to town. Still have 8 slots and 23 set points to play with if a proc comes up. Kinda sucks if two or more procs come up at once, but that's pretty rare and you can always drop the trait spells for a while if necessary. Obviously if melee isn't a good idea you'd be better off /RDM for nuking or possibly /WHM for some light support.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-10 14:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've usually noticed that you'll have 3 types of NMs.

1) An NM that loves you and your ability to Zorro who will never be weak to Blue Magic.

2) An NM who is a bit of a *** who will be slightly weak to Blue Magic every once in a while.

3) An NM who is a complete BLU hating troglodyte who will be weak to every spell BLU has every other second and will never leave you alone on Vent saying "WEAK TO BLU X".

If anyone needs more supplemental information for BLU in Voidwatch I direct you to this post which contains anything you'll need to know about the basics, and this post which contains any spell set you'll ever need for Voidwatch. Draylo's post is more than adequate though.