Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Dynamis Solo
Dynamis Solo
 Sylph.Landyr
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2011-11-05 17:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so sorry if there is already a thread that answers this question. I was curious if any SMNs out there have tried to solo in dynamis with their sub job locked for possible 100 drops? I usually solo on NIN but I was thinking SMN might be better with no sub because a SMN can still heal if hp drops and solo a SMN can in theory proc all weakness. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-05 18:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Landyr said: »
OK, so sorry if there is already a thread that answers this question. I was curious if any SMNs out there have tried to solo in dynamis with their sub job locked for possible 100 drops? I usually solo on NIN but I was thinking SMN might be better with no sub because a SMN can still heal if hp drops and solo a SMN can in theory proc all weakness. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

How can smn/nothing proc magic? And furthermore I can't see a smn/nothing TP+wsing multiple times on 1 mob either.
 Asura.Caclax
Server: Asura
user: Caclax
By Asura.Caclax 2011-11-05 18:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

have to consider your kill speed with no sj. ive pretty much given up on white procs at this point, BST/DNC ftw for dynamis solo. if you dont have bst and really want to go for white, you may want to try out dnc
By Ericnuke 2011-11-05 18:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure SMN can proc anything in dyna without subjob. I know in abyssea, avatar magic is considered melee damage and since blood pacts are not directly used on a mob it wouldn't proc ja. I'm not sure what causes white "!!" , but I would assume it is a regular proc that is 1% to happen instead of the color you are on. If you have BST try BST/DNC, I read you can bring in 100coins in a run with right camp, gear, etc.,
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-05 18:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen offensive BPs proc many times, but I'm not sure of the potential summoner has in comparison to other jobs.
 Bismarck.Asera
Server: Bismarck
user: Asera
By Bismarck.Asera 2011-11-05 18:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

All Blood Pacts (Ward and Rage) is magic proc. (Been doing THF + SMN 2 box for months so 100% sure) Easiest way to proc magic is to use Shiva or Ramuh since they both have rather cheap blood pact wards so 2 chances at proc. Also it seems blood pacts have a 20% rate of proc like Abi, (I have atleast 50 with my 2box SMN healer on random mage orc aggros) where normal spells like Dia have a closer to 5% rate.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-05 18:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Asera said: »
All Blood Pacts (Ward and Rage) is magic proc. (Been doing THF + SMN 2 box for months so 100% sure) Easiest way to proc magic is to use Shiva or Ramuh since they both have rather cheap blood pact wards so 2 chances at proc. Also it seems blood pacts have a 20% rate of proc like Abi, (I have atleast 50 with my 2box SMN healer on random mage orc aggros) where normal spells like Dia have a closer to 5% rate.

Rage bp are JA proc, not magic. And ward bps can proc mobs? do you have a SS of this or something?
 Gilgamesh.Kudos
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kudos
By Gilgamesh.Kudos 2011-11-05 19:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Last Dyna-Xarc I did with a small group, I was smn. I ended up proc'ing magic based mobs with Diabolos' Somnolence, Ultimate Terror, and Nether Blast. Those first two are Wards, the 2nd's Rage. So as long as it targets the mobs, I think you can get it to proc. And it's magic based, not JA.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-05 19:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kudos said: »
Last Dyna-Xarc I did with a small group, I was smn. I ended up proc'ing magic based mobs with Diabolos' Somnolence, Ultimate Terror, and Nether Blast. Those first two are Wards, the 2nd's Rage. So as long as it targets the mobs, I think you can get it to proc. And it's magic based, not JA.

well i've proc'd JA with merit bps + pclaws etc.
 Gilgamesh.Kudos
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kudos
By Gilgamesh.Kudos 2011-11-05 19:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Just with-in the last week or so?

So either SE changed it, or certain BPs are JA and other magic based? Thats all I can think of. lol
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-11-05 21:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was there! she procced the mages n stuff!
 Bismarck.Asera
By Bismarck.Asera 2011-11-06 03:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

You have any logs to prove that I have done dynamis since the very day it was changed and NEVER seen a JA mob proc with BP. I have seen p.claw proc the BLM orc in dyna - bead(around the JA proc camp betwen respawns). around 40 times though.

Here is a few of the logs I had around:

Quote:
[12:18:22]Garuda readies Predator Claws.
[12:18:26]Aathia's attack staggers the fiend!
[12:18:28]Garuda uses Predator Claws.
[12:18:28]The Vanguard Mesmerizer takes 2771 points of damage.

[23:18:27]Garuda readies Predator Claws.
[23:18:30]Aathia's attack staggers the fiend!
[23:18:33]Garuda uses Predator Claws.
[23:18:33]The Vanguard Mesmerizer takes 1933 points of damage.

[23:52:39]Garuda readies Predator Claws.
[23:52:43]Aathia's attack staggers the fiend!
[23:52:45]Garuda uses Predator Claws.
[23:52:45]The Vanguard Mesmerizer takes 2147 points of damage.

[00:00:40]Garuda readies Predator Claws.
[00:00:43]Aathia's attack staggers the fiend!
[00:00:46]Garuda uses Predator Claws.
[00:00:46]The Vanguard Mesmerizer takes 2367 points of damage.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-06 03:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe, i'll have to take a look
 Sylph.Landyr
user: Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2011-11-06 03:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. I according to wiki SMN can BP trigger both magic and JA. That is basically why I was thinking SMN had the possibility of soloing.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-06 03:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. I according to wiki SMN can BP trigger both magic and JA. That is basically why I was thinking SMN had the possibility of soloing.

hmm that's good to know then. i was begining to think i was crazy for thinking it proc'd ja, but i know myself and im pretty sure i'm not mistaken
 Siren.Mcmurdles
Server: Siren
user: Mcmurdles
By Siren.Mcmurdles 2011-11-06 04:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

hmm that's good to know then. i was begining to think i was crazy for thinking it proc'd ja, but i know myself and im pretty sure i'm not mistaken

dominated
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-11-06 04:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You're better off farming traditionally, i.e. DD/DNC rather than hoping for a White proc.
A guaranteed 100~ coins is gonna beat the rare chance for a Hundred.

SMN can do amazing things for sure but soloing Dyna is not one of them, unless your luck is just crazy.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-11-06 04:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the problem with soloing with Smn would be the down time in recovering mp from spamming BP's. Idk for sure though, as I haven't tried it. Can off-set much of it, I'm sure, so I'm like, hmm...
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-11-06 04:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
I think the problem with soloing with Smn would be the down time in recovering mp from spamming BP's. Idk for sure though, as I haven't tried it. Can off-set much of it, I'm sure, so I'm like, hmm...
No, you're right. I have about every Refresh possible on SMN
and outside of Aby you'll need help to keep up MP.
Like you said, the downtime is what makes it not worth it. Unless you're lucky...
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-11-06 09:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine simply spamming "Assault" on a dyna mob could proc JA weakness.
I'm extrapolating based on how "assault"-ing VW mobs gives you reads on weaknesses, I've never taken summoner into dyna
 Bismarck.Asera
By Bismarck.Asera 2011-11-06 10:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »
I'm extrapolating based on how "assault"-ing VW mobs gives you reads on weaknesses, I've never taken summoner into dyna

I do not think that is the case. I have never seen it happen with Assault(Nor have I ever seen it with BST's "Fight" command). And I have pulled many times with SMN when I had to Carby-Pull and never once seen it proc. I also think that even using Release gives message in voidwatch for proc.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-11-07 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I can also confirm magic proc with Rage BPs (Predator Claws).

Sylph.Siccmade said: »
Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
No, you're right. I have about every Refresh possible on SMN
and outside of Aby you'll need help to keep up MP.
Like you said, the downtime is what makes it not worth it. Unless you're lucky...
This should not be a problem, what are you doing to drain your MP? Are you /RDM?

I've done some soloing in Dynamis Tav on SMN/RDM and barely had to use Siphon, let alone Convert. I was spamming Pred Claws every 45 seconds and using Hastega & Whispering Wind a bit too. I get 7mp/tick with Garuda out and Refresh up, for reference.

As far as how rewarding it was, well I got the drops I was after (whm legs -1, smn body -1) in about 3 runs, but not much currency. I think maybe 70 or so currency over the 3 runs. I went in with unlocked SJ, and farmed the same mobs the whole time rather than rotating so I rarely got any procs. SMN soloing in Dynamis definitely works, it's just not super efficient. You can do a lot more as DD/DNC.
 Bismarck.Selka
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-11-07 12:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Asera said: »
Bismarck.Altar said: »

I do not think that is the case. I have never seen it happen with Assault(Nor have I ever seen it with BST's "Fight" command). And I have pulled many times with SMN when I had to Carby-Pull and never once seen it proc. I also think that even using Release gives message in voidwatch for proc.
I have on many occasions seen "Deploy" proc while on PUP in Dyna cities. Deploy and all maneuvers would proc WS mobs in Dyna cities. However, I haven't seen either proc on Nightmare mobs. Can't say if they removed those procs altogether or whether they just don't work on the Nightmare mobs. Honestly, we haven't been spending much time on regular beastmen mobs since the CoP zones were updated.