Relic Farming
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2011-11-03 10:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I am looking to get a certain piece of relic equipment from dyna-beau (Monster Gaiters) and I was hoping for some information.

What would be the best way to get them? Just kill as many mobs as I can or go for bst NMs?

I remember when I was farming my TH hands in Xarc, I was told to go after the kindred thf NM and I got the drop after like 2 kills. Only problem I see with this strat is that I cannot figure out how to get the bst NMs in beau to pop. GE still seems to have the old information about how to pop the NMs (Goblin Statue). I tried farming in the area where the goblin NM is supposed to spawn to see if he is a timed pop now, but all the mobs are right on top of one another there and it proved difficult.

Any information/experiences would be much appreciated. Thanks!
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
Server: Bismarck
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2011-11-03 10:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

they are a rather common drop in beau but yeah the only way to make sure you get em is the bst nm
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2011-11-03 10:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Anjisnu said: »
they are a rather common drop in beau but yeah the only way to make sure you get em is the bst nm

That's what I figured. Do you know how to pop any of the bst NMs? Whether one is easier to kill/pop than another? Thanks for the response.
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Server: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2011-11-03 10:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
Bismarck.Anjisnu said: »

That's what I figured. Do you know how to pop any of the bst NMs? Whether one is easier to kill/pop than another? Thanks for the response.

If it follows the same pattern as Xarc, then the NMs are lottery spawn now. Go to the general area the NM is know to spawn in, kill the nq bst mobs there and eventually it will spawn. We did this the other night with the rdm and thf nms in Xarc and it worked great.
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
Server: Bismarck
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2011-11-03 10:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

they are both easy on bst just if its pet goes down dont pull hate off your own lol
 Carbuncle.Funsam
Server: Carbuncle
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2011-11-03 10:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

personally when soloing. what i do to increase the chance of getting relic armor u want, is pull all relic piece u own for that zone outta storage, cus it won't drop the relic armor solo if u have on u already. if the armor is stored on slips it will drop again.
leaving only the few pieces u after so if a relic armor drops will be one you after only, this has worked for me on armor/accessories & -1's.
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2011-11-03 11:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Funsam said: »
personally when soloing. what i do to increase the chance of getting relic armor u want, is pull all relic piece u own for that zone outta storage, cus it won't drop the relic armor solo if u have on u already. if the armor is stored on slips it will drop again.
leaving only the few pieces u after so if a relic armor drops will be one you after only, this has worked for me on armor/accessories & -1's.

DO NOT GO BY THIS INFO..... it might have worked for funsam because he thought it worked(placebo) going by that theory i should of had my twilight mail ages ago and not still be like 0/50+ but its not the case... if a relic you own were to drop off the mob you just killed it would just not drop anything because you own it. best advice is just go on a killing spree and hope for the best unless you can have a whm friend then go on thf and murder everything with TH. as far as bst NM in glacier go to the ramp between yagudos and goblins the yagudo BST pops there and its the only one i know of. hope that helps more then filling you inventory with relic to "increase" the drop of the ones you're missing
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-11-03 11:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry but this is a very stupid theory.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Funsam
Server: Carbuncle
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2011-11-03 12:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Colonelace said: »

DO NOT GO BY THIS INFO..... it might have worked for funsam because he thought it worked(placebo) going by that theory i should of had my twilight mail ages ago and not still be like 0/50+ but its not the case... if a relic you own were to drop off the mob you just killed it would just not drop anything because you own it. best advice is just go on a killing spree and hope for the best unless you can have a whm friend then go on thf and murder everything with TH. as far as bst NM in glacier go to the ramp between yagudos and goblins the yagudo BST pops there and its the only one i know of. hope that helps more then filling you inventory with relic to "increase" the drop of the ones you're missing

Bloody trolls!!! shinryu & relic mobs totally different.
don't dismiss it when u never tested it for yourself, like i said worked for me. if game algrythms was set up right relic bstmen have 2 relic slots 1 for old gear & 2nd for dnc/blu newer gear.
so technically if you owe the gear on you shouldn't be in lot pool doing this way managed to get all bit 1-2 pieces in a few runs.

So before u troll dismiss it test yourself i know i'm not the only one to use this & work only when soloing because items won't get pooled.
 Bahamut.Colonelace
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2011-11-03 12:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

SE doesn't follow algorithms their theory is lets make it drop when they finally want to quit the game just so that they get motivated to stay in it again >.>, but on a more serious note... you do not know what you are talking about its not trolling its simply knowing from the years i have playing the game because i wish that were true. A friend told me this and im not sure because back then i didn't do KB as much but was a speculation that if everyone in the alliance had a pixie earring that you would always get a D Ring and that SE nerfed that so that now if everyone has a pixie earring guess what happens? yea nothing drops in pool if it was supposed to be a pixie earring. and as far as relic goes ive done more then enough solo farming in Neo-Dynamis to tell you with certainty that your theory on how to get the drops you want are as useful as trading in fishes to Zaldon on Full moon to get ebisu items.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-03 13:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That trick used to work years ago and was abused in the very way Colonelace mentioned, to force DRing to drop. It's long since been patched and no longer works though, the items you already have simpyly will not drop as mentioned.
 Bahamut.Colonelace
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2011-11-03 13:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
That trick used to work years ago and was abused in the very way Colonelace mentioned, to force DRing to drop. It's long since been patched and no longer works though, the items you already have simpyly will not drop as mentioned.

I'm happy to see i'm not the one going crazy here lol. but then again Night you might be trolling too because information against another persons that makes them feel less informed is trolling correct?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [401 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-08 14:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the bump but I am looking for information.

I have a Beastmaster that would die for a pair of Monster Gaiters, but after doing a few runs farming other trials, they don't like to drop. I read here that you can kill the BST NM for a bigger chance of them dropping, the only problem though... where are they?

I was wondering if anyone had seen the following BST NMs.

Goblin - Routsiz Rubbertendon
Quadav - So'Gho Adderhandler
Yagudo - Soo Jopo the Fiendking
Orc - Mithraslaver Debhabob

I am aware these are lottery spawn, and it would be a super time saver to not have to kill Beastmasters across the map. Thanks.
By bigdave1978 2012-12-08 14:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i noticed they always drop when you are not looking for them
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-08 14:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that always the case? lol. I was hoping they would drop just by chance while doing my DRK body +2 trial but didn't.

After looking through more information, I have found that there are very few beastmasters in the zone. 2 Yagudos, 2 Orcs, 3 Quadevs and 4 Goblins. I already know that the Yag BST (just right of the ramp, leading down from the Gob area) will not spawn the BST nm due to the amount of times me and friends killed it doing trials at that camp.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-08 14:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're a bit misinformed, if you look at http://www.ffxidb.com/items/15140 , you'll notice that the NMs with higher droprates have extremely low sample sizes(and still pretty low droprates). Your best bet is to just keep on trucking, if you kill enough things you're bound to get them eventually.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-08 15:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess I would be better off coming on THF/DNC and truck away til they drop? See that is what I thought. I was hoping someone would correct that.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-08 15:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at those samples, I noticed its all Vanguards and Hydras, is that just coincidence?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-08 19:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Looking at those samples, I noticed its all Vanguards and Hydras, is that just coincidence?
all normal mobs in the zone are vanguards and hydras