users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Disappearing mob/people issue
Disappearing mob/people issue
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-17 18:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so hear me out, I've been playing FFXIV off and on for the past couple weeks now, and I like it. I could see myself playing it during downtime when no one else is on. However, I seem to have run into a slight issue:

Sometimes everything (mobs, people, myself (ohgod)) will just disappear if they go off my screen and they won't reload.

>mfw I'm punching an invisible mob that aggroed me while I was in one of my blind stupors :(

Like cereally, I can see things on my radar, but their models just won't load.
I've found 2 ways of fixing it: 1 is if I run a significant distance my character model will "blink" per se and everything will act normal and I can see things again.
The other is I simply relog.

My question to you all is does/has anyone else have/had this problem, or does anyone have any suggestions?

I checked my graphics drivers and they seem to be completely updated. I really would not be a happy panda if I needed to go about doing a full re-installation, seeing as how like, yeah, took like a billion hours the first time around.

Anyone who supplies me with any advice/answers will receive a complimentary gallon of PCP:

Thanks in advance
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-17 18:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

forgot to post system specs, couldn't hurt, might help :(

according to device manager I have (it's giving me 2 options here, bear with me now)

AMD Radeon HD 6500M Series
and
AMD Radeon HD 6600M Series
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2011-10-17 21:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Npcs will do this often with me in LL but I figured it was my net/graphics, although it may just be that the comps are simply loading to much on the screen given the game is open world like.

I think this is the very reason they are doing a graphics rehual I could be wrong its just a guess.
By AquaRegia 2011-10-17 21:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It is very glitchy but happen less to higher end comp (though still happen). Someone in my party just fought Ifrit without seeing him whole fight, lucky was a healer.
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2011-10-17 21:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

AquaRegia said: »
It is very glitchy but happen less to higher end comp (though still happen). Someone in my party just fought Ifrit without seeing him whole fight, lucky was a healer.
lol I would of been pissed.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-10-17 21:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

this would always happen to me in the raptor zones lol fun having invisible teammates and invisible mobs lol someone told me to change gears to make u reappear but cant fix the mobs lol
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-17 22:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thank god it's not just me
I thought I was going batshit insane
You all will receive your gallon of PCP in the mail within 2~3 business days
By Karbine 2011-10-18 01:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also a suggestion if you havent checked them out yet, I would recommend looking at config settings where you can set the game to display enemy and player HP bars above head, and level/ aggro icons. Perhaps you might be able to see those at the very least if things vanish.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-18 06:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Karbine said: »
Also a suggestion if you havent checked them out yet, I would recommend looking at config settings where you can set the game to display enemy and player HP bars above head, and level/ aggro icons. Perhaps you might be able to see those at the very least if things vanish.
Yeah, the names and everything disappear along with the mobs, I set them to show them :(
By JonnyTapas 2011-10-19 13:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This happens to a few people I know. Hasn't really happend to me and I'm running about the lowest specs possible, so I'm not sure it has much to do with your specs.

I do know the best fix is a quick equipment swap. Macro ftw!
 Fairy.Cailleach
Server: Fairy
user: Cailleach
By Fairy.Cailleach 2011-10-19 14:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My old computer did this more but now that I have a better graphics card (GTX460) I rarely have this issue. It brings to mind fighting Nidhogg in DA without seeing him or 90% of the people in the zone for the entire fight. Links back to what your graphics card can handle along with the server load for that area I would guess.
 Fairy.Poju
Server: Fairy
user: poju
By Fairy.Poju 2011-10-19 16:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

well for starters the one thing i can see is your CPU is underpowered for the game. Specs call for a 2GHz processor and your showing 1.4GHz. now that doesn't mean you cant play but it does limit what it can do thanks to this game being heavily CPU dependent. also it looks like your running an onboard GPU which may be the cause of the 6500 and 6600 showing up, if you have a standalone GPU added in. if thats the case disable the onboard GPU and that may release some of the conflict hampering your processor. my laptop only has a 1.7GHz CPU but never had an issue with droped graphics. but its not shareing processes with a GPU either.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [292 days between previous and next post]
By StickydHella 2012-08-06 14:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO W/ WHAT UR SAYING ITS ATI AND THERE CATALYST DRIVERS IF U CAN FIND A OLD DRIVER THATS WORKS W/ UR LAPTOP AND OS U SHOULD BE FINE