post your super materia items
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2012-01-31 13:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

why wouldn't you spend the 4 mil to get a craft up and break your own gear down instead of spending 10 mil buying everything?
[+]
By Kyri 2012-01-31 14:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow i want those triple melded DoM gloves and that 22 enmity sword sooo bad!
By tachikomas 2012-01-31 15:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Isaaru Durai said: »
Aquene said: »
Isaaru needs less jelly.

Aquene and Tachi don't understand how stats work.

Tachi is one of the main contributors to current stat testing going on and Isaaru should be thankful to tachi for putting in hundreds of hours of coding to get a quality parser going for Kaeko and his LS to use on testing. Tachi often gets the info from Kaeko or other sources to stay ahead of the market trends and not get raped when prices plummet on things such as DEX like it did when the 280 cap was confirmed. Tachi is well aware of how ATK is superior and followed brucy's work early on as well and knows that brucy used tachi's parser in the process.

Also while were at it maybe Isaaru should post up his gear sets and multi melds since he is so pro and knows exactly how stats work.

PS: stats are still in major flux I would not put all my eggs in 1 basket right now with all that's going on behind the scenes in this game.
By aceaircav 2012-01-31 15:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little confused. Is Tachi talking about himself in 3rd person? anyways, best stat , as glad, that i found to be supper usefull and dosent seem to cap, pending on the lvl of the mob your fighting, Def. i have a sheild with 39 def added to it, if somone out there has one better , Plz let me know, right now, total def, no buffs/food is 750 i would like to see 800 but thats realy hard to acheive,.... I think, if I am wrong plz let me know. Always looking to improve. I understand alot of people are going for vit , for Ifrit fight, wich is ok, but ultimatly , I dont wana set my gear up for Ifrit alone. when fighting mobs who's damage is NOT primarly magic, I do awsome, lvl 60+ mobs hit me in the 100s range still. As far as cap on any of the stats go, to realy test it you would have to fight lvl 99 mobs, wich we all know is next to imposaple. I belive their are two sides to the stats. your constant, or lowend, and your peak, or high end, the base stat attributes to your constant, wich is why dex,int, and such have such success on mobs like Ifrit, cuz you will likely never or rarely ever do peak damage on a mob 15 lvls higher then you. peak stats you will see better results from mobs no more then 5 lvls higher then you or lower. that is where if your ATK is higher then their DEF, wich would not be the case for the Ifrit fight, ofcourse. sorry for any mis spellings.
By ejiboo 2012-01-31 15:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Actus said: »
Oh, and can't Parry on Gladiator, so way to go.

sure you can.
By Jerihiri 2012-01-31 16:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi Koma said: »
Tachi is one of the main contributors to current stat testing going on and Isaaru should be thankful to tachi for putting in hundreds of hours of coding to get a quality parser going for Kaeko and his LS to use on testing. Tachi often gets the info from Kaeko or other sources to stay ahead of the market trends and not get raped when prices plummet on things such as DEX like it did when the 280 cap was confirmed. Tachi is well aware of how ATK is superior and followed brucy's work early on as well and knows that brucy used tachi's parser in the process.

Also while were at it maybe Isaaru should post up his gear sets and multi melds since he is so pro and knows exactly how stats work.

PS: stats are still in major flux I would not put all my eggs in 1 basket right now with all that's going on behind the scenes in this game.

Cool, thanks for the parser I guess. I don't post my gear because I feel double meld is unimpressive. And yes, I am pro, just ask "brucy."

Sorry for being off topic guys, but it's dumb comments like "Isaaru needs more jelly" and people who agree with them when I was just giving a simple suggestion that causes this to happen.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2012-01-31 16:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Isaaru Durai said: »
And yes, I am pro, just ask "brucy."

HA!!!
By amonn1984 2012-01-31 18:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

first of all, i know att is better, i just had A LOT of STR, and i thought i might as well use it up, to get rid of it, and it just so happen i 4 melded one. I also posted a pair of felt bracers 4 melded with 3 att power on them if u havent seen them.
By kiraamane 2012-01-31 18:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

(clicking the img, makes it bigger)

The triples were sub 9%. The belt was 17%. Got these, yet some how I blew up A sentinel curiass that was 26.5% and a sentinel celata that was 32.5%. Such is the world of materia melding I suppose o.O
By Aquene 2012-01-31 18:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly Isaaru, the comment was more to make you angry. Which it seemed to do, so mission accomplished on that front.

Though I can't speak as to how well of a player you are, I however can see that you have no class. Someone posts a 4 meld pair of gloves with a III and 3 IV's in it, one of which is perfect. Your response? To belittle it. Until you manage to meld anything decent, and put it up. You honestly have no right to critique the work of others. Why? Because talking like a big shot when you've done nothing to prove yourself as one to anyone outside of your circle of friends makes YOU look dumb.
By Jerihiri 2012-01-31 20:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

First, I wasn't belittling it I was just making a joke while giving a suggestion. I meant no offense whatsoever to amonn. Second, I was making another joke saying I was "pro" because Tachi automatically assumed I thought I was "pro" because I said I know how stats work. Third, I made my response to both yourself and Tachi because you guys were trolling, which you just admitted. Fourth, I said your comment was dumb, not you. Work on that reading comprehension. And finally, I'm sorry I don't post every minuscule accomplishment I make because to be honest the only bigger accomplishments people make is too much of a grind for me to balance with my life.

What I've learned: Some people just don't understand jokes.
[+]
By tachikomas 2012-02-01 11:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

sometimes the game feels boring and I try to inject subtle rage into topics so it was trolling sorry I miss ffxi drama threads from its prime. And ya I was joking too its a game nuff said.

> Aquene just finsihed darker then black nice gif
[+]
By aceaircav 2012-02-01 14:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

dont understand why people put HP materia on tank gear..... 70 hp is the max you can get,a triple meld wouldn't suffice for even one Ifrits attacks in rage mode.
By Reepicheep 2012-02-01 17:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

cuz you can put 2 in all slots except head?

that's about a swipe....

probably enough time for the mage to run back to you (if they kept you topped up in the first place)

dex for shield proc? for 2 swipe ifrit or for kiting moogles?

vit for.... underwhelming results...?

DEF, great put in in body or shield (but... ah... gogo GC shield)

STR, eh... for ifrit i guess... but i play all my jobs so inv-1 nothx

M.EVA yawn, situational, i'll take my 44mnd celata

idk bud, why do mages wear mp? it's not even enough for a thundaga?

*NOTE* my own mage only has MP on the body, cuz i didn't wanna waste pie for arc and lnc, and my mage set is all ma.cc>int>anything else applicable that fits...... buuuut it was an attempt at a dumb question i guess
By Jerihiri 2012-02-01 22:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

aceaircav said: »
dont understand why people put HP materia on tank gear..... 70 hp is the max you can get,a triple meld wouldn't suffice for even one Ifrits attacks in rage mode.

Say you have 3k hp without hp materia and a mob hits for 500 per hit. With that setup it would take 6 hits to kill you. If you had hp+210 in materia then you would be at 3.21k hp and it would take 7 hits to kill you with the final hit only having to deal 210 damage. I can't tell you how many times I've seen somebody's health drop to the 100's then a mage cures them to stop them from dying.
[+]
By Scap 2012-02-02 05:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jin Sing said: »
vit for.... underwhelming results...?

Do you have any proof to back this up? I can't find anything on this on other forums.
By tachikomas 2012-02-02 07:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

HP is the one stat that matters in almost every situation as far as a tank is concerned. I'd almost say that the avg player would benefit more from HP materia then anything else across the board. (maybe not THM-mages since increasing DD mage stats has a solid impact on output but for the typical mele not so much.

I know I've seen naked arc's do mid 60's dps start to finish on moogle (ifrit+cobalt arrows).

I have a variety of gearsets melded for each situation and since nothing is overly difficult right now its not that big of a deal which one I use. Tanking with 4.5k HP is a big difference vs 3.8k
By tachikomas 2012-02-02 07:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Do you have any proof to back this up? I can't find anything on this on other forums.

OP JP Blog:
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/diary/entry?e=306910

Translation:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/107403-Stats-and-how-they-work.?p=5024216&viewfull=1#post5024216
By Scap 2012-02-02 09:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I dropped all my HP melds and slotted Defence, Mind and Dexterity. I found I got to a point where the HP was really doing nothing for me since everything really isn't hard enough to one shot you and the chance of a extra block or a little bit more enmity/damage would help more in holding hate.
By tachikomas 2012-02-02 13:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a true defense meld/build for tank but I don't want to burn materia before 1.21 :( hard to contain myself but the hope of auto HQ and the 4-5% better meld rate you get with HQ has me waiting right now.
By lokedaywalker 2012-02-02 21:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer Vitality on the body. I settled with 9 extra Def by melding to an HQ cuirass. In my experience Vitality reduces damage on auto attack and Ws and the hp bonus makes me smile. There are only two other spots for Vit and the mh is usually dominated by a primal weapon leaving a reasonable 20ish on the pants. This is a preference and probably not the best option. Just wanted to note that testing Vit on auto attack only is ignoring the true beauty of the stat.
By Reepicheep 2012-02-03 06:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well thats my cuirass +1 with 17def and 65 hp on the previous page... so, ya, it's not ALL hp, countless times I have been saved under 100hp even as low as 2hp

201def ciurass w/65hp > 175184def cuirass with possible 40 VIT

my defense is higher, i have more hp, and did you click tachi's provided links?

also, 38 total emnity, 44mnd on head, not ALL hp...... i use GC shield for block rate....

Edit: notice the def went on cuirass first? i was gonna blow it up to redo in blue when colours came out, but the 65hp actually stuck, so i'm still red
By lokedaywalker 2012-02-03 08:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you misunderstood my post and yes I did read the link. I was saying that test did not measure ws defense which I have found best reduced with vitality and auto attack reduced with defense. I also said that my choice was probably not the best choice for the body piece. That's because I would like to understand a little bit more before throwing up the > sign.
By Ignora 2012-02-04 23:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

super materia items or how stats work?
By Scap 2012-02-05 03:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignora said: »
super materia items or how stats work?

Some people need to know how stats work before they can make super materia
By MelodyJai 2012-02-08 18:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

By AndiSorell 2012-02-09 11:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply