PvP Arena Gladiator Fights?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » PvP arena Gladiator fights?
PvP arena Gladiator fights?
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-04-24 09:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldnt it be cool if SE would create a colleseum style , gladiator PvP in whitegate? Im sure this would draw crowds watching your buddy beat the crap out of someone decked out in 10mil gil gear braggin about how uber they are.
Or grudge matches between your LS friend and yourself. Or just someone you dont like.
Im sure alot of people would join in this and eventually have tournaments with nice rewards or gil.
Just a thought. Anyone agree?
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 09:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but I don't see it happening, unfortunately. Pankration is as close as we'll get to that.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-04-24 09:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, thats too bad. Even having teams fight each other in arean could be fun too. All we can do is toss out the idea.
Would be nice to give us SOME sort of PvP fun.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 09:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. It's not happening, and even if it did, would die out really quick on popularity I'd think. I've always said that PvP on most servers, unfortunately would fail due to FFXI's battle system. And because Ps2 and 360 can't hit running targets. If SE would make these PvP events exclusive to a few times a year, people are MUCH more likely to do them.

like...a type of Annex game. There are "areas" that spawn and need to be held for points, and the people holding the annex do not respawn until the enemy team, who DOES respawn, captures the annex, or until the annex moves to a new area. BLM would need to be gimped though, AoE spells are too broken for that.
 Asura.Wtbfood
Server: Asura
user: wtbfood
By Asura.Wtbfood 2009-04-24 10:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebodies playing a little too much Gears of War.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 10:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't really like Gears despite being pretty good at it. I got Annex from Paintballing. When you're out, you're out. Offensive just run back to base then run back. >.>
 Asura.Wtbfood
Server: Asura
user: wtbfood
By Asura.Wtbfood 2009-04-24 10:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it was pretty overhyped for what it was, generic third person shooter. One of the better online shooters for the xbox I guess though.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-24 10:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
unfortunately would fail due to FFXI's battle system. And because Ps2 and 360 can't hit running targets.

This. And wouldn't be allowed to swap equip I suppose (character blinking) which would sux too :/
 Midgardsormr.Trauma
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Trauma
By Midgardsormr.Trauma 2009-04-24 10:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There is actually a bunch of rooms within the the pankration area that all look like small square arenas for dueling.

You can see them pretty easy with a .dat viewer or using ProjectXI. It's possible these areas could be implemented as PVP arenas. There are about 20 of the little arenas on the pankration map, all inaccessable at the moment.

I've also heard rumors of an area within Fort Karugo-Narugo that has a soccer field type area that you cannot get to.

Soccer anyone?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-24 11:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

LASER TAG!!!! Yes Please!!!
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 11:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

xD Everyone is given a temporary crossbow?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-24 11:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yea they can make a LVL 1 crossbow/Gun like we had those swords for that event one year. lol

By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 11:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That would actually be kind of fun. One shot/one kill and your team gets a point, and the other person respawns somewhere else on the maze. o.o But the cheaters who use that PC plug in that can see through walls would ruin that.