First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-06 16:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Haxetc said: »
The way you guys put it. You might as well just bring an actually DD instead of a PLD >.>;
Inorite, god forbid PLDs only turtle for 2 seconds or so as needed and do something useful the rest of the time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-06 16:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I fail to see how you guys think that just because Atonement isn't CDC or that you don't get a 400dmg add effect that your gonna fail a VW. If that is the case. Maybe you should focus on gearing your DD's instead of making a sword for your PLD.
Maybe you should read posts properly? Convenience, not necessity, unless you're running extremely lowman. Though to be fair that is a consideration for some. Still, no reason not to take longer than needed.
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-10-06 16:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Aeonknight said: »
The way you guys put it. You might as well just bring an actually DD instead of a PLD >.>;
if DD's could wear Aegis or Ochain they probably would.
So your saying you need an Aegis or Ochain to tank these mobs ?
Absolutely need? No. But it definately puts you a few steps above your average DD in terms of survival.

But you're still gonna need to put out somewhat decent dmg in order to effectively hold hate off of a good DD.
 Asura.Haxetc
Server: Asura
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-06 16:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely need? No. But it definately puts you a few steps above your average DD in terms of survival.

But you're still gonna need to put out somewhat decent dmg in order to effectively hold hate off of a good DD.
I guess SE needs to give us all some more hate tools then :/
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-06 16:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're tanking without Aegis/Ochain then your DD's suck or you're purposefully gimping their damage. For sure you can hold it long enough to proc but constantly needing songs/buffs/support just to survive gives you a lot less breathing room and a much smaller window for things to go right. There's almost no way to hold hate against a lot of VW mobs without mitigating the majority of your damage through blocks/mdt. There aren't many you can shadow tank.

In terms of damage I can almost always keep aftermath up with Almace and aside from special resistances/PDT 1100 is about what I average in a range of 800-1400 including T4 and T3.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-06 16:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Abilities and spells have the inherent limitation of recasts, adding more wouldn't solve the problem unless you could literally constantly recap VE and since meleeing more or less does that and contributes to killspeed there's no reason to pursue an alternative unless it's better in both categories or they add something you absolutely cannot melee effectively. If that's the case you'd be primarily holding hate off mages, much easier to do since damage occurs in bursts.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-06 16:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Always bout the killspeed Nightfyre D:
You must really have somewhere to go !
If you need a few good DD's I'm sure that you can shout for them on your server. Relying on the PLD to make your kills faster isn't always a good thing to do :/
You should just go without a PLD bruh.
[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-06 16:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet. Sometime somewhere vs some mob. Nightfyre timed out of a VWNM and was like "OMG if the PLD would have just parsed a little bit higher we would have killed that. GOD GO GET AN ALMACE BRUH!"
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-06 16:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

you've got to be the most dense person i've met today. go jump ship
[+]
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-10-06 16:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely need? No. But it definately puts you a few steps above your average DD in terms of survival. But you're still gonna need to put out somewhat decent dmg in order to effectively hold hate off of a good DD.
I guess SE needs to give us all some more hate tools then :/
No they don't actually. PLD can build the hate plenty fast with the tools it has, dmg just helps maintain and recap it every few seconds. Flash II won't help you hold hate any better than a sword swing from Almace once you're at hate cap. The difference there, is that one kills it faster than the other.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-06 16:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

We like doing more than one mob per Voidwatch run, and people go to sleep? Is that really a hard concept?

Quote:
If you need a few good DD's I'm sure that you can shout for them on your server. Relying on the PLD to make your kills faster isn't always a good thing to do :/

Our DDs are fine, you're just a moron who doesn't get basic concepts.

I bet. Sometime somewhere vs some mob. Nightfyre timed out of a VWNM and was like "OMG if the PLD would have just parsed a little bit higher we would have killed that. GOD GO GET AN ALMACE BRUH!"

Oh yeah let me tell you my group times out all the *** time. *rolls eyes*
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-06 16:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm generally only online for a few hours a day if I'm on at all. Faster kills means I can get more done.

Quote:
What.

1) Why the hell would I rely on shout DDs for anything?
2) What about my statements makes you think the DDs aren't doing damage? In the Voidwatch shell I run with, every single one of them gets up front and personal with the NM whenever possible, nevermind the BLMs, SCH, and occasional RNG. Having the guys who are fulltime engaged optimize their output is hardly a small benefit though, those 1k+ CDCs add up over time.

Quote:
Right, forgot, PLDs are turtle onry. Does everyone still TP in Ohat where you're from?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-06 16:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Last I checked Damage = Enmity.

Not a very hard concept unless you are completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-06 16:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm leaning towards troll considering he has Aegis/Almace.

That or he's one of the thousands of Aegis PLD's who can't outtank a Keonig shield AH PLD with 75cap gear.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-06 16:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously w
Cuz 30mins is sooooo long rofl
I'm not the one worried about timing out or making haste to kill a mob because someone might have to go. I know that I shouldn't have to rely on the PLD to be a major part of the parse. As long as he holds hate he could do 0 dmg for all I care. I may be a moron but I'm not relying on a PLD to do everything for me lulz. Cuz VW is so hard bruhh
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-06 16:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I may be a moron
There you go.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-06 16:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

That or he's one of the thousands of Aegis PLD's who can't outtank a Keonig shield AH PLD with 75cap gear.
Probably, considering he's still going with "need" where I've continually said it's a convenience. Timing out in VW with more than a party, wut?
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-06 16:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

btw >.> I'd quit if I let an Koenig shield PLD outtank me. Real talk w
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-06 16:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously w

If you kill in 20minx3, the 10min you save during each fight is another mob. Logic is hard.

Quote:
I'm not the one worried about timing out or making haste to kill a mob because someone might have to go.

Because killing more mobs per run is so terrible, oh god.

Quote:
I know that I shouldn't have to rely on the PLD to be a major part of the parse. As long as he holds hate he could do 0 dmg for all I care.

*rolls eyes* You're so dumb.

Quote:
I may be a moron but I'm not relying on a PLD to do everything for me lulz. Cuz VW is so hard bruhh

Yeah, Voidwatch so hard bruhhh that we need to turtle it and the PLD can't afford to DD at all ever.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-06 16:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I may be a moron

We all know this.

Reading comprehension helps, not once did he say he relied on PLD for his source of damage. What do you do exactly on PLD? I see you have an almace, do you just sit on your TP and swing like a moron not realizing you have access to a weaponskill? I would certainly hope not, like you said yourself a PLDs job is to hold Hate. Guess what doing damage does? It creates enmity and thus makes it so you are holding hate.

Maybe you should take a look at Kannican live journal because obviously your having trouble understanding game mechanics.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-06 16:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Obviously w

If you kill in 20minx3, the 10min you save during each fight is another mob. Logic is hard.

Quote:
I'm not the one worried about timing out or making haste to kill a mob because someone might have to go.

Because killing more mobs per run is so terrible, oh god.

Quote:
I know that I shouldn't have to rely on the PLD to be a major part of the parse. As long as he holds hate he could do 0 dmg for all I care.

*rolls eyes* You're so dumb.

Quote:
I may be a moron but I'm not relying on a PLD to do everything for me lulz. Cuz VW is so hard bruhh

Yeah, Voidwatch so hard bruhhh that we need to turtle it and the PLD can't afford to DD at all ever.
*rolls eyes* omg so serious lulz
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-06 16:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

btw >.> I'd quit if I let an Koenig shield PLD outtank me. Real talk w

I'll go shout for a PLD so you can quit XI.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-06 16:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Defensive LS is defensive!
Look at all the Fenririans coming from out of the woodworks ! It's amazin :O
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-06 16:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Careful guys.. he pulled out the "w" weapon
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-06 16:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

*rolls eyes* omg so serious lulz

If you stop being dumb I'll stop being serious, k?

Oh you.
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-10-06 16:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously w
I'm not the one worried about timing out or making haste to kill a mob because someone might have to go. I know that I shouldn't have to rely on the PLD to be a major part of the parse. As long as he holds hate he could do 0 dmg for all I care. I may be a moron but I'm not relying on a PLD to do everything for me lulz. Cuz VW is so hard bruhh
Obviously w
Obviously w

w
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-06 17:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure I was the first to implicitly call you a moron, and I'm not from Fenrir.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-10-06 17:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Careful guys.. he pulled out the "w" weapon
Should be used by jponry.
[+]
 Sylph.Deathknight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-10-06 18:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to summarize the discussion with the unbeatable, insanely amazing ultima weapon:
[+]
 Fenrir.Crystenne
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-10-06 19:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said: »
Last I checked Damage = Enmity.

Not a very hard concept unless you are completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

This. If you're not gearing for damage mitgation when you need it, and focusing on your DD/Enmity output at any other time, you're doing it wrong.

Obviously w

Obviously using w over and over makes him cooler than the majority of Japanese players so we have to listen to him.

In other news, you're a moron. No "may" about it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12