Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » proc in abyssea
proc in abyssea
 Bismarck.Reyke
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-10-03 13:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice alot of bards sub blm to land stuff in abyssea is it that hard for them to land stuff without ES? I no the reason is probably cus of the lol C rank but is it possible to proc without blm?
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-10-03 13:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is possible, just take the time to properly skill the corresponding skills for your job and will have no problem.

Inb4 It's too hard to skill up.
 Bismarck.Reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-10-03 13:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

do the +threnody instruments help land procs or is it just the duration? whats a good gear set to land stuff besides AF
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-10-03 13:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

And...I'll leave those questions to be answered by real BRDs...
By seiri 2011-10-03 13:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly speaking Reyke, if you actually have singing at cap, as well as either or both wind and string at cap, you wont resist much even naked. Just toss on a HQ ele staff and some +macc and that'll cap you unless the NM actively resists.

Edit: As for +throd instruments, it enhances the effect and time duration, but not acc.
 Bismarck.Samoht
user: Samoht
By Bismarck.Samoht 2011-10-03 13:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you try to cast Ice Threnody on a target resistant to fire, it may fail often. An alternative course of action might be to cast Fire Threnody first (a water-based spell), such as to reduce its fire resistance and make it easier to land Ice Threnody.

Pulled from wiki and a main factor that most do not understand about how Threnody works.
By seiri 2011-10-03 13:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Samoht said: »
If you try to cast Ice Threnody on a target resistant to fire, it may fail often. An alternative course of action might be to cast Fire Threnody first (a water-based spell), such as to reduce its fire resistance and make it easier to land Ice Threnody.

Pulled from wiki and a main factor that most do not understand about how Threnody works.

Honestly a much more common problem is abys burned bards not capping skills. The amount of normal NMs that will resist outright are fairly small, although more common for +2 and empy NMs than seal.
[+]
 Bismarck.Reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-10-03 14:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So whats better then chanter staff or just HQ ele staff?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-03 14:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ele
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-03 14:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

4 skill is basically 3.6 macc, compared to 20macc from a NQ ele staff, or 30 from HQ. Chanters is basically a piece used only to break singing skill tiers. There are better options for any other use.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-03 14:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
HQ ele stave is "Magic acc +30" for that element. if you made the magian acc staff of that element it would be "Magic acc +60" if I recall right, definitely worth the time if you have it

This, if you are dedicated to BRD.

Also see you also have blm and sch, so don't sacrifice the main dmg staves for macc on brd unless you are a purist brd.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-10-03 17:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said: »
Just toss on a HQ ele staff and some +macc and that'll cap you unless the NM actively resists.

Edit: As for +throd instruments, it enhances the effect and time duration, but not acc.

This pretty much, there are those NMs (VNMs) that seem immune to a specific element, then your kind of ***out of luck.
 Bismarck.Reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-10-04 05:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol thanks everyone for the replies my skill is about a level 84 with wind and I landed my songs fine today when helping someone get seals.
 Asura.Dinen
Server: Asura
user: dinendale
By Asura.Dinen 2011-10-04 05:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought id just mention Atma of the Merciless Matriarch can go naked w/o staves on most mobs with this if it resist then it would resit with ES also most likley