besieged
First Page 2
 Asura.Krebons
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-04-23 01:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

so, im pretty upset cause yet again, besieged came, i participated, and twords the end my 360 freezes, as usuall. Can anyone help me with this problem cause im sick of loseing all the xp that i would get had it not froze up
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-23 01:43:21
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Krebons said:
so, I am pretty upset cause yet again, besieged came, i participated, and towards the end my 360 freezes, as usually. Can anyone help me with this problem cause im sick of losing all the exp that i would get had it not froze up

Its a known problem for the 360. Just gotta live with it.
also I usually hide when there is like 15min left ._. it helps sometime
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-04-23 01:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you tell how much time is left? :O cuase id go hide to..
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-23 01:47:30

Krebons said:
How can you tell how much time is left? :O cause id go hide to..

Besiege last at least 1hr so if it start at 1pm it will end towards 2pm!
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-04-23 01:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

cool beans, i normally dont do it but just kinda been skilling up enfeebling and ya, freeze up all the time, lost xp :(
 Siren.Enko
Server: Siren
user: enko
By Siren.Enko 2009-04-23 05:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds silly but get normal household fan and have it blasting on the 360.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-04-23 05:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Put it this way...don't go to Besiege to get exp if your on a 360

I just go for skill ups and thats it! Sometimes I get lucky and it doesn't freeze but most of the time it does.

Just like Thunder said once times almost up find yourself a nice little corner where nobody else is "like near the zone to the woodlands" till its over.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-23 05:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Enko said:

That could be a solution. Your Xbox could be overheating.
 Shiva.Trakz
Server: Shiva
user: moookie
By Shiva.Trakz 2009-04-23 06:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I also avoid the main square since I tend to get alot of lag in that area but like everyone else towards the end I will find a corner and take a knee facing towards the wall and I will first person view and then walk away.
 Remora.Rhinok
Server: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-04-23 06:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i rarely even go to Besieged anymore, 50% of Besieged's end up with my Xbox freezing, i looked this up online before seems to happen to ALOT of people.
Apparently a programming issue conflicting with Microsofts amazing hardware or something along those lines anyway as i cant remember what exactly was said.>_>
Used to happen alot during campaign also, now i havent had my box freeze for couple weeks now meby
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-04-23 07:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

well if your xbox is no longer under any warntie you can open it up and clean it out i bet it's really dirty and if you get rid of all that dirt it should be OK for Besieged
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-23 07:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just OP. A lot of 360 players (myself included) freeze almost every besieged (usually in the last ~15 minutes -_-)

(Source: Constant /shouts post-besieged.)
 Ramuh.Zidan
By Ramuh.Zidan 2009-04-23 08:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I use to D/C in besieged on xbox a lot like pretty much 90% of the time but I came up with a trick that seems to work or at least so far. For one don't swap gear just wear what you got on and 2(the big one) don't press the X button at all opening the menu usually lags people just a bit and inevitable freezes the xbox when it is that laggy =/. I just started doing this but in all 6 besiegeds i have not D/Cd once so its worth a try IMO
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-04-23 08:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i used a xbox until it finally died.. and i made it thogh besieged because i cleaned out the big pile of lint and dirt that the CPU cooler collected well like i said if it's under warntie make sure you don't void it

edited for sum spelling
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
Server: Bahamut
user: hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-04-23 08:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont want to open up your xbox and you have a powerful enough vacuum you can vacuum through the vents it may help clean out some stuff from in it. Thats what I normally do with my pc
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-23 08:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Happens to me everytime on my 360. Luckily, I can just switch to PC if I want to do one. Maybe I'll try and clean it out.
 Ragnarok.Kukukues
Server: Ragnarok
user: kukukues
By Ragnarok.Kukukues 2009-04-23 09:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i got an idea might be a longshot, but do what i do, shop around on ebay and buy a ps2 witha hard drive and install ffxi on it lol, it works and ps2 still pawns, or if you have the dough buy a ps3 (pc or laptop maybe cheaper) there are many other ways to play ffxi
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-23 10:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It could also be the hard drive. When I first got my 360, I could last through about 90 minutes (2 back to back) of besieged before crashing, now it's about 45 even on a new system, using the same hard drive. Too much stuff going on for too long is no good for the board, and it trips over itself.

Solution: Don't enter besieged until it's been on for AT LEAST 15 minutes. Sure, you'll miss your Dusty Wing, Monarch, etc...but you sound like you're after the EXP and Imp Standing. Just wait a little bit before entering. I have *never* crashed going in 20 minutes into it.
 Bahamut.Ragnell
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-23 10:58:15

lern2 PC
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-23 11:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:
It's not just OP. A lot of 360 players (myself included) freeze almost every besieged (usually in the last ~15 minutes -_-)

(Source: Constant /shouts post-besieged.)

Ya, I can vouch for this, too. After a friend got DC'd (literally 3 minutes before the end, what a gyp) I /shouted "Raise your hand if your 360 froze on you during this besieged".

About 30-40 o/ flooded the screen...

So, obviously somethings wrong with the way the 360 handles besieged. If it's too much for the hardware to handle, maybe they should do something about it. Did S-E not test this, or did they use the same guy to test it that tested the ACP ***? 'Cause that guy needs to be fired...

Anyways, I play on PC so it doesn't effect me at all, but I feel bad for you 360 players. I know if a certain event broke on PC everytime I tried to do it, I would *** ***bricks and be harassing the ***out of POL Customer Service.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-23 11:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's most definately the hardware, and SE can't do anything about that. :/ I crashed on my 360 during the last part of Fallout 3 also. Explosions were everywhere, my screen started to lag, and then it just crapped out. D:
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-04-23 11:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

After burning up three 360's trying to do campaign (one of them only lasted 5 minutes in campaign) I migrated to PC lol. I never froze in beseiged but came close.

These days I only use my 360 to mule and pc for playing.

If you really 'must' play on 360, there's always watercooling. http://gear.ign.com/articles/714/714899p1.html

Enko said:

I got mad enough once i opened the case and set a big room fan on top of the open case - it still froze in campaign.. but it did last a few minutes longer. lol.

You can also disable all the cool effects, set the lowest number of people in your viewing area, hide all but linkshell/tell/say and all that extra schtuff being gone might be enough along with the fan, to help.
 Diabolos.Feisty
Server: Diabolos
user: feisty
By Diabolos.Feisty 2009-04-23 12:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My friends tell me alot how the xbox freezes in many other games as well, like Halo. I personaly use a PS2 and a PS3 i dont have any problems at all with freezing, but it does lag a lot at some points, and like everyone else i just run away from all the commotion.
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-04-23 12:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, as far as other games freezeing on my 360, only had an issue with cod4 but that was the disk. There is a nice big fan on my xbox cause that things seriously on 24/7, it hardly ever gets shut off. its brand new btw, prolly like a month or so old cause my child decided to pull my old on off the entertainment center, so :) but ye thanks for the input, ill have to try the suggestions next time around. wasnt really going for the exp and Imp. standing but itd be nice to get for spamming dias cures and raises with the occasional nuke here n there :)
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-04-23 12:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

but whats wierd is i have no issues with dynamis campaign ect, just besieged... and i prefer to play on 360 cause it runs so much better then my wifes shitty laptop so yea :) and it looks nice on my tv :)
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-23 12:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Feisty said:
My friends tell me alot how the xbox freezes in many other games as well, like Halo.

See, my 360 never freezes at all, I get lag issues when playing online games (Farcry 2, COD 5, GTA IV) but that's internet lag, not hardware lag. I've never tried to run FFXI on it (PC > console, but that's just my opinion) but I thought about picking it up as a backup...but TBH all the talk of problems I've heard with FFXI on the 360 haven't inspired a lot of confidence in me. I dunno if I wanna bother now lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-23 12:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My only solution is what I told Thunderz - Last 15min, hide. Face a wall, and /heal or /sit. I suggest a non-mob congested area, like where a General is that wiped his/her area already (Like the Hume male one, I can't remember names at the moment).

I have two TVs in my room, so I set up a Super Smash Bros. Brawl match on my Wii to 45min (like coin or some ***, CPUs fighting anyway). Then once that ends, I know it's time to hide. So far it's been flawless. The freeze seems to be more likely to happen if the megaboss summons one of the giant killer-*** like Cerb or something in the middle (whatever the name is , Illimijijikkjkhkj). I do remember this never being an issue, sitting through entire Besieges and never experiencing a single freeze. It's not until about a few months ago before this became an issue.

The only way to fight this battle against freezing is to run away ._.; Good luck my friend.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-04-23 12:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Krebons said:
so, im pretty upset cause yet again, besieged came, i participated, and twords the end my 360 freezes, as usuall. Can anyone help me with this problem cause im sick of loseing all the xp that i would get had it not froze up

The reason i baught a PC to play FF, it used to happen to me everytime in besieged and always right before xp so id get screwed. lmao
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-04-23 17:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

will do thanks guys :D
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-23 17:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

my 360 is about.. oh.. umm 6 years old, and i only do end game, Campain, Besedge on it, because my 04 dell cant handel Dyna, or that kinda stuff,

ive never had it lock up on me. I guess im just lucky

how ever i have watched my friend disconnect on her 360 xD (<gamer tag>) Has left the party --Red dot of death--<name>
First Page 2