Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD cleave question
PLD cleave question
By cosmolaris 2011-09-06 12:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi I know there is an older thread on this, it's a little outdated. I was wondering what's the best setup for pld cleave with aeolian edge (assuming you have ochain) in terms of melee and ws gear? Also what are the best atmas to use and subjob? What are the best locations to cleave with pld aeolian edge?
 Asura.Jaybezz
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-09-06 12:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Beyond ultimate gales and gear wize MAB earrings, the rings MAB/crit rings from gold box's in T.canyon,

(dont worrie about gear...... they die in 4 WS's...... and u WS every 6-7 seconds lol)
 Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-09-06 12:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Use smiting instead of beyond
[+]
 Fenrir.Kut
Server: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2011-09-06 12:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You're going to get TP ungodly fast with ochain anyway so you can pretty much stick to whatever your commonly tank in, if you want to be a perfectionist Shield Mastery/Haste/STP will help. WS gear you'll want to toss on whatever MAB/DEX/INT gear you can find.
Something like this maybe, I'm not too familiar with PLD gear so I had to look up a random/workable pieces for hands/legs/feet.

But, minor adjustments will only matter if it makes you able to kill a set of mobs in, let's say, 3 WSs instead of 4 or something like that. Jet Serawheels/Heca Legs/Askar Dirs are another leg possibility or Augmented Blood Cuisses (I've seen +5 MAB). Also, Lithe Boots or Augmented Blood Greaves as a feet substitution.

Atmas would be Smiting/Gale/Ultimate

Oh... and make sure you choose an appropriate sub job or you won't get the WS.
By Jkar 2011-09-21 23:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a play on pld cleave other night.... looks like if you take 0dmg now, shield block does not give you tp... was it always like this? im sure i used to cleave mandies taking 0dmg and getting tp from shield block.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-09-21 23:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Jkar said: »
Had a play on pld cleave other night.... looks like if you take 0dmg now, shield block does not give you tp... was it always like this? im sure i used to cleave mandies taking 0dmg and getting tp from shield block.
I'm fairly sure that if you turn around with your back to the mob and you still get hit 0 you won't get tp. If the block reduces it to 0 then you'll get tp.
By Jkar 2011-09-26 21:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I'm fairly sure that if you turn around with your back to the mob and you still get hit 0 you won't get tp. If the block reduces it to 0 then you'll get tp.

Yea had another go today, and it worked. thanks lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [520 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-27 12:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this really possible without ochain? Getting aegis... Will that work? Still really high block rate?
By Blazed1979 2013-02-27 12:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

works fine with aegis.
By itchi508 2013-02-27 12:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can do with any shield if correctly geared for the dmg intake w/o taking zero dmg from say spikes or sentinal you will still gain tp, /rdm or /dnc atma (Smiting Ultimate Gales) gear is easy people already listed it or just ws in ur tp set its not goin to make a tremendous differance, or you can cataclysm wich is great aoe as well. Personaly i dont do Aedge id rather cata pld/rdm MM VV cosmos or swop VV for Smiting, doin 1800-2300+ depending on mobs and day of course.