Forum » FFXI » General » Wtf @ MMM!?
Wtf @ MMM!?
 Hades.Alzeroth
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Alzeroth
By Hades.Alzeroth 2009-04-17 00:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So back when MMM first came out, a couple buddies and myself made some prety pimped out mazes, capped at 45 marbles per maze, and need a lvl 1 in the party cause no 75 party could ever beat these mazes.

Today after this new update, we get together, and do my maze, which always gave me 45 marbles.

After completing the run, we got, 22, thats right, less then half the original amount.

So we thought, well wtf, maybe the lvl1 *** us.

We ran a 75 maze and gimped it a bit,
683 limit points.
8 marbles.

My question is, did SE really gimp mazes, or is MMM messed up right now?

Anyone else experiencing the same HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE results?
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-04-17 00:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely do MMM but I did one a few days ago to introduce a friend and only got 7 marbles from my maze that usually gives 32.
 Siren.Antigod
Server: Siren
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2009-04-17 00:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well. . I heard that they were adjusting the amount of marbles that drop.. but.. that's just wrong.. If anything they should raise the amount. I got bored with it, and this surely isn't drawing me back.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-04-17 01:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, the definitely nerfed the marbles you get from bringing the lv1 character with you. I'm assuming they did it as such so that you'd have to be on-level to profit from doing the maze, where you'd actually have MMM become a challenge like they originally intended (rather than just a whack-a-mole game to farm Runes).

I'm also convinced that they didnt want people spamming them every day... farming MMM with a lv1 in your party helps you progress through whatever MMM is very quickly. it was stupidly easy and could be done every day, and you can tag along on other people's runs for the marbles. With that type of system, you could literally see everything MMM had to offer inside of a month, and we all know that's not what SE had originally intended for MMM. So while they didnt change the mechanics of MMM entry, they did add the C.C. points (which I'm not exactly sure what they do yet, but seems as though you're more rewarded for accumulating more C.C. points, only obtainable by NOT using your maze each day.)
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-17 03:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

.. well there goes SE. NERFing it again..

Way to be!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-17 08:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they make it easier though? Soloable maybe?
 Hades.Alzeroth
Server: Hades
user: Alzeroth
By Hades.Alzeroth 2009-04-17 08:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitly not soloable unl;ess you nerfed your maze.

See I am just angry cause I only need Plantoid and Stillness rune now so I can test run my Zaide maze.

And now I'm sure I'll have those runes just in time for another update for SE to nerf everything else.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-17 10:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, definitely gimped... I got 15 from one of my better mazes and 9 from another.

So far I've done 2 boss runs that were run with 6 CCP and got crap in each. >.> I got a Carpenter run in one of the Lockboxes and just ~27 marbles in each.

I'm also planning to do 5 more 6 CCP runs tonight as well. So I'll post here what the results of those are.

FFXI Dynamis Calendar
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-17 10:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That's lame. I wanna solo this ***.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-17 11:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Thank god I stockpiled when I did, as others did too.

Lost and Found would take forever now. D:

great for you.. How F-n Wonderful it will be fo rme..

/sigh...

LULZ
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-17 11:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

<.< >.> lol, yeah.. I have like 600 left on each character even after buying the new vouchers. >.>

FFXI Dynamis Calendar