Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-24 16:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

08-24-2011 04:41 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

While fine tuning is still being performed, the stats for abilities to be introduced in the upcoming version update have been pretty solidified, so here is some follow up information.

Quote:
Steady Wing (Lv. 95)
Creates a barrier that temporarily absorbs a certain amount of damage dealt to your wyvern.
The amount of damage nullified is listed below:

In the case that the wyvern’s HP is at max: 20% of wyvern’s maximum HP
In the case that the wyvern’s HP has been reduced: 20% of the wyvern’s max HP + the amount of HP lost.

Quote:
The amount of damage wyverns take will be reduced.
The amount of damage reduction is 40%.

Looking at the current image of Steady Wing’s stats, some of you might be thinking, “Only 20%?!?” However, please take into consideration that a constant 40% reduction in damage will now be applied to wyverns as well.

09-02-2011 02:52 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Based on player feedback, we increased the damage nullified by Steady Wing from 20% of the wyvern's max HP to 30%.

By shortening Steady Wing’s recast time, wyverns certainly will not be KO’d easily, but if players feel that wyverns are invincible if they continue to use Steady Wing, they might be a bit careless.

By having wyverns fight alongside them, dragoons are a much more useful job. To maintain the effectiveness of dragoons, it is important to pay attention to the wyvern’s HP. (The added bonuses based on the HP reduction of the wyvern is intended to help raise awareness of wyvern HP.)
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-24 16:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this Camate guy.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-08-24 16:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

loldrg
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-24 16:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That is enough to make me happy. I was afraid that it would be 10% and only physical damage.
By Jovant 2011-08-24 16:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

yea camate keeps us well informed very good peoples.
 Bismarck.Axilla
Server: Bismarck
user: Axilla
By Bismarck.Axilla 2011-08-24 16:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I like this Camate guy.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-24 16:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that he gives our updates a little personal touch instead of straight translations.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-24 16:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I like that he gives our updates a little personal touch instead of straight translations.
¯し(ツ)_/¯
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-24 17:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
¯し(ツ)_/¯
haha, yea that was fun
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-24 18:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats....suprisingy....badass O_O

Im impressed. I like that it grows into an "oh ***" macro as HP drops. I didnt see that coming at all. if your wyvern is at 20% life and you use ability, you get a stoneskin wth 100% of your wyverns life on top of the 40% damage reduction. That is REALLY friggin nice. These 2 in conjunction will vastly enhance their toughness. It will be very hard to kill a wyvern in under 3min when SLink is back up again with these changes.

Now all we have to hope si that its not a 20min timer on teh stoneskin ><
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-25 00:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to have balance some where I think Aanalaty, but who knows maybe it will be everything it says it will be.
By Pooman 2011-08-25 00:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like a pretty straight translation to me.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-25 00:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I have to level DRG too?! GDI.

COR, DRK, DRG... /sigh
By Ophannus 2011-08-25 01:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

in before its a 30s duration like earth greaves
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-08-25 08:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly what would be nifty is this.

DRG/PT Member stands behind Wyvern
Monster uses AoE Spell/Weaponskill
Nanaja takes 400 damage.
Nanaja's Sturdy Wing protects Skarwind. (Or takes reduced damage say -20% PDT/MDT further adding to gear options)
Skarwind/PT Member Evades the Attack

It would be all positioning and it would give us more reasons to keep our wyvern alive D: It would be for AoE's only really not regular attacks.

I don't think it would be over-powered due to a wyvern's limited HP.

I guess straight PDT is cool but it sucks DRG gets no self buffing JAs.

Edit: We will ever get Tier II breath attacks? :(
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-25 10:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The positioning would be nightmarish considering we cant control its position except to disengage>reengage. Wyverns are usually stuck at max melee range since mobs often move so getting behind it would be problematic (much like a thf trying to TA someone at max range. It is infinitely frustrating as a thf -_-)

I doubt the Tier 2 breaths. They scale with HP as it is and have the option of using wyrm armet to upgrade them. If my wyvern did more breath damage after every WS, drgs new WS spamming style would get broken pretty fast. We already get ~200 free damage on every WS as it is.

The issue is the macc on breaths is horrendous and thus always getting resisted to hell. But SE has already stated they will be adjusting wyvern breath acc in the job visions to be similar to the reduced resist rates similar to the skillchain adjustments. If that goes well and breaths simply stop getting resisted every time on anything over EM mobs, breaths will be a rather large boost anyway.

Also, these survival buffs are indirect buffs to breath damage since breaths are based on their CURRENT hp%. The less damage they take, the more damage they do. Combining greater survivability with reduced resist rates and increased HP as we level WILL give us WAAAAY stronger breath damage. Im excited!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-25 10:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
They scale with HP as it is and have the option of using wyrm armet,and EAF torque, to upgrade them.
fixed.

I think this is going to become more prevalent too. I see them perhaps adding an "augments breath damage" belt or cape at least (maybe jewelry?)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-08-25 10:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice. So popping that ability when the wyvern is at 1 HP is doubling its life + 19-20% of max HP. That's soooo much better than we have right now.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-08-25 10:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lol watch people start leting their wyverns solo nms in aby with this and ducal guard on
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-25 10:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't mind the couple second delay you could macro in all your wyvern hp gear and get quite a sizable buff.

On the lines of wyvern tanking... There use to be a glitch, haven't tested it recently so I don't know if it still works, where if you have an HB charging on a party member who then drops party, the HB defaults to the wyvern instead. It wasn't very practical since it's so hard to do though and you'd have to have someone else there but with this ability and the trait combined with being able to self heal... Could be situationally useful.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-02 15:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Small update for DRG today:

09-02-2011 02:52 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Based on player feedback, we increased the damage nullified by Steady Wing from 20% of the wyvern's max HP to 30%.

By shortening Steady Wing’s recast time, wyverns certainly will not be KO’d easily, but if players feel that wyverns are invincible if they continue to use Steady Wing, they might be a bit careless.

By having wyverns fight alongside them, dragoons are a much more useful job. To maintain the effectiveness of dragoons, it is important to pay attention to the wyvern’s HP. (The added bonuses based on the HP reduction of the wyvern is intended to help raise awareness of wyvern HP.)
By Ophannus 2011-09-02 16:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont get it. Steady Wing was already AMAZING. Based off player feedback? Did players really complain Steady Wing was too weak? After accounting for +Wyvern HP gear and Wyvrn EXP +HP%, Steady Wing already gives like a 1700 HP stoneskin effect coupled with -40%DT. Not sure why they made it stronger, but ok.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-02 16:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
I dont get it. Steady Wing was already AMAZING. Based off player feedback? Did players really complain Steady Wing was too weak? After accounting for +Wyvern HP gear and Wyvrn EXP +HP%, Steady Wing already gives like a 1700 HP stoneskin effect coupled with -40%DT. Not sure why they made it stronger, but ok.
Feedback is much more than people posting on the forums when it comes to the test server, it can also mean how they use it on the server as well. It isn't there just for us to play with, they are recording everything about the new spells and ja's and how players end up using them.
By Ophannus 2011-09-02 20:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if used at full HP its only a 300-400 stoneskin. If used near death with XP bonus and Wyvern HP gear it's like a 2,000 HP stoneskin.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2011-09-03 08:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you use it at full hp?
Just maccro in all your wyvern hp max gear.
Wyvern mail +65, lancer earring, +20lancer pelerine + 30, drachen brais +1, +15%, hommam feet +50. That's a 24% hp boost to a non buffed wyvern.
Time to quest that chanoix gorget :/

So, just a macro with steady wing should gives about 50% (of wyv's hp) stoneskin.
 Cerberus.Tidalecko
Server: Cerberus
user: Tidalecko
By Cerberus.Tidalecko 2011-09-03 10:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I expected the wyvern damage reduction would be around 5%, maybe up to 10%. 40% is amazingly cool.
 Phoenix.Dragonfate
Server: Phoenix
user: robersua
By Phoenix.Dragonfate 2011-09-19 00:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

hell ya i am sooo going to have DRG as my main now
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-09-19 00:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dragonfate said: »

hell ya i am sooo going to have DRG as my main now
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-09-19 01:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

question about the dmg- on the wyvern, is that going to be a job trait applied at a lower level, or is it 90+? D: wasn't sure lol.

my drg is @ 85 and i'm working on af3+2 armors right now lol, can't wait to get it to 95 :Q