Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoner Atma's
Summoner Atma's
By Evangelist 2011-08-24 16:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So on my hume i have thf/nin/dnc leveled. I found myself often using the same couple atmas (VV/RR/GH/APOC/C&D) usually VV/RR/Apoc, for summoner(my taru) im a little confused never having done a pet job in abyssea yet. To my understanding your pet inherits the bonuses of your atma as well? So could anyone perhaps help me understand which atma i will be frequenting as SMN?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-08-24 17:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Atma of the {Mog house} and {Job change}.

And yes atma effects transfer to pets, I think the only one that doesn't is apoc's auto-reraise.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-24 17:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn in Abyssea needs Atma of the Ducal Gaurd
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2011-08-24 17:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your summon and what you're doing.

DucalGuard/MountedChampion/Minikin is one I see suggested for soloing tougher NMs.

RazedRuins/GnarledHorn/Minikin is a good Garuda combo for P.claws damage and sustainability. If you have enough refresh/-perp can probably get away w/a different third.

Variation of that is Razed/Minikin/Ducal w/Ramuh for doing the pot NM in Grauberg.

I've been doing Minikin/NoxiousFang/DucalGuard for Levi for soloing giants. Probably could do it w/out Ducal but am lazy and don't feel like recasting that much.

Shiva Magic set would be whatever combo of Beyond/Ultimate/Baying/Minikin that you're comfortable with.

I think there was a thread awhile ago about smn atma here; at work so don't have time to dig it up.
By Evangelist 2011-08-24 17:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i understand thanks guys, 1 set for DD/GROUP, 1 set for tanking/solo, and then one for elemental if u choose to do so but to my understanding the best skills to use are Physical anyways?
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2011-08-24 18:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, depends what you're doing. Sometimes Shiva's Heavenly Strike beats the pants off P.Claws. Sometimes you just want to use magical pacts to stay further out of range v. physical pacts.

The elemental variety can change depending on avatar too since some have buffs to particular ele strength (ie: beyond has ice MAB, noxious fang is water attack)

SMN is the definition of s#!ts situational.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [234 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Triedge
Server: Ragnarok
user: triedge
By Ragnarok.Triedge 2012-04-14 19:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Do armor effect the avatar??

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.