By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-12 21:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

08-12-2011 07:27 AM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy! Here's some love for bards

Quote:
Fix the range variations for effects from songs when using stringed instruments.
We are looking into addressing this.

Quote:
Make it so a songs effect area is focused on the party member targeted instead of the bard.
It was set to focus on the bard since it is the same concept as white mage’s bar-spells. Since songs have the advantage that they cannot be interrupted by enemy attacks, we plan to leave it as it is for now and allow you to decide the area of effect by your placement.

Quote:
Make it so song effects also influence by your stats.
Since song effects increase with skill, we have no plans of making it so stats influence it as well.

Quote:
Increase wind/string/singing skill to A.
In the case of songs, they are based on the combination of instrument skill + singing skill, so it is quite different from skills that rely on just a single skill. Due to this, if there is a necessity to adjust accuracy, instead of adjusting skill ranks, we are considering adjusting the calculation of the accuracy rates themselves.

Quote:
Revamp the resist rate of requiem.
The development team would definitely like to do something about this and are planning to revamp it.

Quote:
Reduce the recast time on Pianissimo and Tenuto.
Since the amount of gear that reduces song recast time has increased, we would like to make adjustments to go along with this.

Quote:
Make it possible to use Pianissimo and Tenuto at the same time.
Unfortunately, since this would require us to totally remake and rebalance Pianissimo and Tenuto this is a difficult thing to do.

Quote:
Revamp the stats on songs that enhance resistances to status ailments.
It’s true that when compared to the benefits other songs provide, it’s pretty hard to prioritize these songs, so we would like to do something about it.

Quote:
Make Etude/Prelude an AoE effect.
We will look into this. In regards to Prelude though, depending on the number of party members that have ranged attacks, it might get pretty crazy having to use Pianissimo each time. Is that going to be a problem?

Quote:
Make Adventurer’s Dirge an AoE effect.
We would like to look into this along with the merit point revamps.

Quote:
Will Massacre Elegy be added?
We have plans to. However, when considering the stats, we are planning to make it so this isn’t a song that can be used by just anyone.

Quote:
Add a song that enhances magical accuracy.
Since you can already enhance your magical accuracy through the use of a lot of equipment, we are thinking it would be more beneficial to give party members a different kind of song effect.
(For example, perhaps a song that reduces an enemy’s magical defense, etc.)

Also in response to your feedback about the seeming lack of power of Gjallarhorn, the development team mentioned that there is a difference in song accuracy between Gjallarhorn and Daurdabla, and when casting songs on enemies, Gjallarhorn wins out. During the next version update it will also be possible to further enhance the Gjallarhorn.
[+]
 Bismarck.Axilla
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Axilla
By Bismarck.Axilla 2011-08-12 21:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gjallarhorn getting Massacre Elegy maybe?

Edit: About time they fixed Requiem :)
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-08-12 21:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

God yes I loved the part aboot requiem, sigh SE sigh
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-08-12 21:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
Fix the range variations for effects from songs when using stringed instruments.
We are looking into addressing this.
God, NQ bards are stupid.

Siren.Kalilla said:
In the case of songs, they are based on the combination of instrument skill + singing skill, so it is quite different from skills that rely on just a single skill. Due to this, if there is a necessity to adjust accuracy, instead of adjusting skill ranks, we are considering adjusting the calculation of the accuracy rates themselves.

Glad they admitted this so people who dont read *any* research threads will stop claiming its wrong
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-12 23:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

absolutely uninteresting twaddle.
[+]
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-08-12 23:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bards should get a death song
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-08-12 23:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
Bards should get a death song

i'll take it
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-12 23:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Massacre Elegy has me giddy.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-12 23:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Maybe if you have a Ghorn :(
By AlkalineJoe 2011-08-12 23:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

UGH I do not wanna make a G-Horn. I've always wanted to be able to cast Massacre Elegy. :(
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-12 23:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

People still think g-horn and emp dont work together?
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Maybe if you have a Ghorn :(
Seems like the only solution.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-13 01:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this on the official forums so I guess I'll post it here too, so the guy I'm referencing posted there.

--
I'm not a fan of the idea that M.Elegy will be a Ghorn only song, but I understand it I guess.

I hope there's an alternative way to get it, like the fake relics with the WS if that's the case.

Also agree completely with what Jackalman said.

Simply put, BRD needs more abilities, and preferably more songs that assist Mages. It's bad when you don't need Ballads due to Atma, so you resort to marching the mages, there should be a fast cast song imo.

I really hope you're not going to keep BRD the way it is at the moment, because in reality it's a pretty boring job how it stands. I personally love the job and I have done since I've levelled it, but I feel like I could be playing many other roles at the same time, and that's a bad thing. BRD was always about being busy and keeping on top of things, but it really doesn't feel like that any more. You buff the DD (And mages if they require it, which is rarely), Debuff the mob... and then become a surrogate WHM for a minute or so, then re-apply buffs/debuffs.

I want to be changing my songs depending on the situation (Which does happen occasionally with Scherzo and carols).

I want to feel like buffing the mages is as much of a priority as buffing the DD.

I want BRD to become hectic.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-08-13 01:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I posted this on the official forums so I guess I'll post it here too, so the guy I'm referencing posted there.

--
I'm not a fan of the idea that M.Elegy will be a Ghorn only song, but I understand it I guess.

I hope there's an alternative way to get it, like the fake relics with the WS if that's the case.

Simply put, BRD needs more abilities, and preferably more songs that assist Mages. It's bad when you don't need Ballads due to Atma, so you resort to marching the mages, there should be a fast cast song imo.

I really hope you're not going to keep BRD the way it is at the moment, because in reality it's a pretty boring job how it stands. I personally love the job and I have done since I've levelled it, but I feel like I could be playing many other roles at the same time, and that's a bad thing. BRD was always about being busy and keeping on top of things, but it really doesn't feel like that any more. You buff the DD (And mages if they require it, which is rarely), Debuff the mob... and then become a surrogate WHM for a minute or so, then re-apply buffs/debuffs.

I want to be changing my songs depending on the situation (Which does happen occasionally with Scherzo and carols).

I want to feel like buffing the mages is as much of a priority as buffing the DD.

that's an awesome vision

but i'm not going to lie

i want bard to be the job i can post on ah while playing without missing a beat :(
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-13 01:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wellllllll I wouldn't mind that....... But BRDs on the ball (or using certain assisting tools...) should be able to do a better job than BRDs who aren't

That's all I'm saying chocolate bear
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-29 14:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

From the official forums:
Quote:
In the upcoming version update we will be reducing the recast times for Pianissimo and Tenuto from 15 seconds to 5 seconds. This is not reflected on the test server, but will be in once the update goes live.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-29 14:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's nice, but it's hardly ground breaking.
By Artemicion 2011-08-29 14:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Flion, I'm no hardcore BRD, but what would be really cool is a JA that lets you for a brief moment, move around while casting your song. Could call it Drummer Boy or something.
Or would that be totally broken?
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-29 14:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Making Massacre Elegy G.Horn only makes sense. I mean, all the other relic weapons have their own weaponskills (barring Aegis).
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-29 14:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be cool, and It wouldn't be broken at all tbh. Most people who use certain devices which shall not be named can access something like this anyway. It would help BRDs keep up with a group whilst casting songs on the move.

I mean today it's slightly less annoying due to the fact that inside of abyssea you have fast cast through the ***, so you can stop pretty much anywhere sing for less than 2 seconds and get off a song.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-29 14:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Making Massacre Elegy G.Horn only makes sense. I mean, all the other relic weapons have their own weaponskills (barring Aegis).

I disagree. Most of those Weapon skills don't give the player who has them a distinct advantage over someone who doesn't.

Massacre elegy is a hugely powerful debuff, and I personally don't think any spells should be relic/emp/mythic only
By Artemicion 2011-08-29 14:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

With the introduction of what were previously unheard of stats and bonuses such as Magic Critical Hit Rate, Magic Evasion, etc. etc. it would be nice to have these as secondary buffs or debuffs available since Requiem (if you can land it) and Elegy seem to take up the only space for debuffing the mob aside from Finale and Lullaby.

Though as much as I want MAB and MAC to be corsair's one and only thunder, having it doubled up would be pretty sweet, or at the very least go in the direction of Magical Crits and evasion for the sake of being unique.
By Artemicion 2011-08-29 14:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
Siren.Thoraeon said: »

I disagree. Most of those Weapon skills don't give the player who has them a distinct advantage over someone who doesn't.

Massacre elegy is a hugely powerful debuff, and I personally don't think any spells should be relic/emp/mythic only

To be fair, I think the song itself should be a reward for a long and hard as hell quest similar to that of undertaking a relic/mythic, but not necessarily a matter of who has the deepest pockets, but rather to those steadfast and dedicated enough to bard to be worthy of obtaining such a powerful song.
Similar to doing AF quests, but on a much grander, larger scale.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-29 14:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I disagree on that matter. It's like SE making Meteor a BLM relic only spell.

Threnodies take up room too. And Finale won't overwrite any debuffs on the mob. Requiem will apparently hit far more often now which is nice, and the new Magic defence down debuff might be interesting.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-29 14:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see it being a quest of sorts to unlock it but a relic would be going to far... at that point it would turn into relicbrd or gtfo which I would hope SE wouldn't put the job into the situation where a relic/mythic/empy was *required* for the job have access to it's major tools. Empys have becomeing pritty standard for alot of players but for most jobs they can still get the job done and it not be too much of a blow not having one if they know what they are doing.

Perhaps a horn/harp of trials is in order? Could do it something like 1 point for every elegy you land and if you MB it you get points based off the SC level (same numbers as with weapon skill trials).
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-29 14:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
I could see it being a quest of sorts to unlock it but a relic would be going to far... at that point it would turn into relicbrd or gtfo which I would hope SE wouldn't put the job into the situation where a relic/mythic/empy was *required* for the job have access to it's major tools. Empys have becomeing pritty standard for alot of players but for most jobs they can still get the job done and it not be too much of a blow not having one if they know what they are doing.

Perhaps a horn/harp of trials is in order? Could do it something like 1 point for every elegy you land and if you MB it you get points based off the SC level (same numbers as with weapon skill trials).

I am absolutely fine if they make a magian trial for an M.Elegy instrument as well as putting it on a relic instrument.

Putting a core spell on a really hard to obtain item is stupid imo. It's like them making Meteor a Staff relic only, or a new cure spell on a relic staff.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2011-08-29 15:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be really cool if Ghorn had Massacre Elegy, Claustrum had Meteor/Bahamut and Mjollnir had weakna.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-29 15:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And Amano should have Meditate.
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-29 15:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If Massacre Elegy is as good as I would think it would be, I don't see the problem with it being Ghorn only. If it is something really ground breaking, why should it be something that's common? From my understanding, Ghorn isn't OMG HAX (ballads are the only thing that I can think of), and giving it Massacre Elegy would make it worth getting.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-29 15:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it should be G.Horn and a trial horn (WoE), like the empyrean weapons are.
 Cerberus.Sidical
user: Sidical
By Cerberus.Sidical 2011-08-29 16:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »

--

Love all your ideas and I feel the same way. There used to be a difference between a ballad bard (lazy bard) and a well equipted bard. Now you need full AF3 and just sit there and often cast some mambo's on a tank and try for a yellow proc if the blm doesnt hit his... Abyssea turned it into a mooch job in an alliance and I would love to see it returned to being a major role player in a parties success. Now if you want to keep busy you utilize your /whm subjob and try and snipe cureIV's from the healing mages.
[+]