users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN Maat
SMN Maat
 Phoenix.Slander
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Slander 2011-08-12 19:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Any good strategies I can use against Maat? Tried quite a few times and still failing. He uses AF and uses his avatar's AF and kills me after my first AF. Also, tell me how my gear looks.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-12 19:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What Avatar etc you using? I didn't use AF at all to beat him, but I was higher than 70 :s Are you running away as soon as you pop Astral Flow?
 Shiva.Pheare
Server: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2011-08-12 19:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You should 1shot his avatar when you astral flow. Did you burn it up? maybe you need to raise your summoning magic?

I would run up, see what avatar he has, and then use its weakness. Astral flow, assault maat, and immediately use the blood pact and run away. Don't even wait to see if yours hits. Just get out of range as quickly as possible and wait at the entrance to resummon.
By cherelle 2011-08-12 20:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

smn maat fight
 Phoenix.Slander
By Phoenix.Slander 2011-08-13 00:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I always 1 shot his avatar. Usually he gets down to half HP. I let it sit till my avatar is about at half hp. Then I pop AF, he walk towards me, and X hits him. I always use whatever is strong against his avatar. I also haul *** right when I use X's AF. I use aerial armor, and earthen ward for an extra precaution, and I go in naked so he doesn't get any of my equipment.

Here's the last fight. Buffed > Ran to Maat > Summoned avatar strong against his > used assault on Maat > Waited on the top of the little slope > AF'ed at half avatar hp > ran to start and use MP recovering medicine > spammed previous avatar > assaulted Maat > then he pops AF and knocks my *** out.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-08-13 00:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure going in naked was just a rumor started many years ago, along with having signet on kirin = bad drops ... and other stuff.

Pretty much follow that video and it should work out fine. I'd use shiva though if he had Garuda out. Or Fenrir.

It's luck if he uses AF right away or not. When I did it many years ago, he used AF as soon as I hit him and killed me. The next run he never used it as far as I could tell.
 Phoenix.Slander
By Phoenix.Slander 2011-08-13 12:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh ok. Yeah I'm actually getting ready to go fight him right now following that video.
 Phoenix.Slander
By Phoenix.Slander 2011-08-13 13:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just killed him, took me a bit to get set-up but I took him down following advice on here, my shell, and that video lol. Ty all for helping :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.