The "Main Summoner Himself" Talks About Blood Pact

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The "Main Summoner Himself" talks about Blood Pact
The "Main Summoner Himself" talks about Blood Pact
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-10 20:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

08-10-2011 08:33 AM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

We got a chance to speak to the main summoner himself on the topic of Blood Pacts.

• MP Consumption

The MP cost for Blood Pact: Ward abilities are set rather high because the effects they grant are AoE; however, they are designed to elicit a higher level of benefit when used to support a party.

• Effect duration

As we’re sure you’re aware, depending on the level of your summoning skill, various enhancement bonuses are added to your Blood Pacts. These bonuses make it so ultimately you will see a very noticeable difference in effect duration when compared to other magic spells and abilities. If your skill isn’t fully leveled and you feel that the duration is too short, we recommend raising it up as you will experience quite a significant increase. With the upcoming level cap increase we will be extending the effect duration even further.

• Effect

In regards to magic/abilities that elicit a similar effect to Blood Pacts, we believe that Blood Pacts have significantly high stats, effect duration included. However, with the level cap increase from 75 to 90, these stats have increased further and we would like to look into adjusting the areas where the balance is off. Please continue let us know your feedback especially for the Blood Pacts you feel need adjustments.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-08-10 20:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Because summoners are already excellent soloers, it would be neat for them to have a sort of "avatar convergence" ability that perhaps increases potency and or duration of ward buffs for being single target on the summoner itself.

Just brainstorming now~
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 20:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that rep told us absolutely nothing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-10 20:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That's their job.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 20:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
That's their job.

</3
By Artemicion 2011-08-10 20:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Another cool thing would be an ability to alter the moonphase for Fenrir's Blood Pacts (obviously for the summoner itself) so you don't have to wait several hours to get the benefits you want.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-08-10 20:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They did tell people to go out and ungimp their summoning skill. :/
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-08-10 20:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My mind when it comes to this game is still in 2005, so by all means, if my ideas are stupid for the modern summoner let me know

Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 20:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:

True... :(

Artemicion said:
My mind when it comes to this game is still in 2005, so by all means, if my ideas are stupid for the modern summoner let me know

SMN is basically just a TP-less damage *** and a Perfect Defense/Earthen Armor ***. Other notable uses include Ifrits/Shiva's/Diabolos' favor, and Enfire from Ifrit. I guess Fenrir's Lunar Cry/Ecliptic Howl aren't bad for high-evasion mobs, and if we could control the moon would be kinda nice.
By ararita 2011-08-10 20:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously???
By Artemicion 2011-08-10 21:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice to have new physical based rage pacts, also the very least they can do is make the level 70 ones SCable.
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-08-10 21:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Too bad skilling up that god forsaken skill is horrendous.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 21:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:

It's not that bad. Just find some EM+ mobs and do a BP: Rage and an offensive Ward on them for a bit and you're good to go. I've never had issues keeping my SMN skill capped. :/ Now Enhancing can suck a giant ***.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-10 21:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all skill levels, including crafts, were intended to have the more dedicated players more powerful. In other words, if you managed to reach the cap you mastered the job up to that point.

But overall people didn't like the idea, and it became easier to earn some of the skills that didn't have a huge impact on the job.

Just look at how many hits you have to do before you cap your skill. You do them so often it really isn't that big of a deal, but it is a huge number. Even though it doesn't take as long as it use to they still introduced items to help increase skill gain.

Also, on crafts, the prices have been reduced due to the materials being widely available in caskets and/or NM's in abyssea. This has made it easier to level the crafts you want to level.

Fishing use to be one of the most time consuming things to level in the game, and only a select few stand out even more than fishing does. Players demanded it be reduced so much they gave in, but you had to earn the right (fish ranking).

They have already mentioned they are making guarding easier to level, and this is through the demand of players once again.

I'm sure summoning skill will get its moment where it becomes easier just like the rest.

Enhancing skill is pretty bad though, but I think its reasonable. Then again I spend all my time on whm pretty much...
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-08-11 18:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said:
Asura.Xenophire said:

It's not that bad. Just find some EM+ mobs and do a BP: Rage and an offensive Ward on them for a bit and you're good to go. I've never had issues keeping my SMN skill capped. :/ Now Enhancing can suck a giant ***.

^this. You shouldn't be having any issues with your summoning skill if you actively use your abilities.
 Bismarck.Soranika
Server: Bismarck
user: Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-08-15 21:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Asura.Xenophire said:

^this. You shouldn't be having any issues with your summoning skill if you actively use your abilities.
I agree also. Been a dedicated SMN for three years now, capping through natural means have never been an issue. I still find it odd and saddening to see SMNs who burned (through various methods) using a bot or other wise actually sitting outside of jueno or various places just summoning and releasing avatars then complain when they get like maybe 6 or so skill up for it.

Shouldn't burn any job then complain about how hard it is to skill up unless it's something like guarding, throwing or parrying. You'd think by now though that if FFXI has taught players anything, jobs aren't pick up and go when you please and think you're gonna be awesome at it. It's a spit in the face to those who dedicated time to that job.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-15 22:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They did make smn skill easier to level. It used to only skill as you summoned. Now it skills as you BP AND they split BP into rage and ward. Huge changes since smn's inception if you ask me.