Forum » FFXI » General » RNG~THF Mirke users
RNG~THF Mirke users
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-26 22:56:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious if Rapid Shot overlaps with Snapshot or not. Anyone know?
 Alexander.Ashleylarry
Server: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Ashleylarry 2009-04-26 23:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i havent done kings in awhile but when does a person take rng to kings, very rarely did i ever see a rng at faf/nid, KB, or turtle
Revision said:
Pakalolo said:
Osode>>> mirke>>>> w/e

If I had to choose either Osode or Mirke, there would be no hesitation. Ugly as it is, Mirke would win.

This could be the next big debate, just like the good ole days of hauby Vs hauberk Vs byrnie lol fast forward to 2009 mirke Vs osode
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-04-26 23:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I'm curious if Rapid Shot overlaps with Snapshot or not. Anyone know?

Overlap as in stacks? Then yes.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-26 23:29:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Rapid shot would still be worth capping even if you have stacked high snapshot with Zha Dha Barbut, Jalzhan's Ring, Mirke and capped Snapshot merits, right?
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-04-26 23:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Rapid shot would still be worth capping even if you have stacked high snapshot with Zha Dha Barbut, Jalzhan's Ring, Mirke and capped Snapshot merits, right?
No doubt :)
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-26 23:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Revision said:
Snapshot>All for Ranger.

^

The only logical choice for RNG would be R.Attack+10 and Snapshot+5%. Because if you're using ACC for TPing on RNG, you're doing something wrong. And you wouldn't use this over Osode for WS no matter which augments you use.

PS:An afterthought, didn't Elkanah just make this same thread two days ago?

No offense, I agree with you and everything, but coming from someone geared like yourself (and /war in xp lolz) it kinda makes one scratch their head.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-27 00:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that I dont care about Racc/Ratk.
I've just not been able to merit fully yet.
Nor do I have all the gear to really WANT to play with Snapshot more often.
So until that time, until everything's just about ready through Racc and I'm hitting decently w/o misswinder, I'm pretty much going back to basics :<
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-27 00:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
Dream on Elk, dream on ;D

My Kitty is gonna be placed back in Vana'diel very soon.
Just have plans at the moment before I bring her back.
So yea, expect to see her as another RNG also.
Maybe finish DRK70 to 75 and work on that while working on Elk in the mean time
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-27 05:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the DW+ 10 acc beats homam body. Just about anything that increase your attack speed or number of attacks will beat homam body. To all you crazy I need the 10 acc over rapparee harness to hit consistently in your tp set... how in the world do you do you get dancing edge to land then? That being said 10acc/att beats any other ws peice cept skadi and and maybe atares 5 more str and 2 more acc but 3 less dex/agi... itd be close if you satawsing but id guess unless you sataSB or manstab ACP gonna win. This easily beats dragon and silly hecatomb/enkidus unless you got relic then the str will matter alot more. I've noticed significant increase in my ws dmg especially solo non SA or TA ones. But really you can't make this a good peice for ranger and thief. And the awesomeness you can do for rng completely outweights thf...
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-27 06:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Enternius said:
Revision said:
Snapshot>All for Ranger.

^

The only logical choice for RNG would be R.Attack+10 and Snapshot+5%. Because if you're using ACC for TPing on RNG, you're doing something wrong. And you wouldn't use this over Osode for WS no matter which augments you use.

PS:An afterthought, didn't Elkanah just make this same thread two days ago?

No offense, I agree with you and everything, but coming from someone geared like yourself (and /war in xp lolz) it kinda makes one scratch their head.

1)Wtf does it matter how I'm geared? So I don't have an extra 2M to blow for Triumph Earrings for an additional 2 STR. So sue me. That's not even part of the conversation.
2)I only use Spectacles because there's never anything on the AH on my server when I need it and I only re-geared RNG a few days ago.
3)I'll sub something other than WAR when there's something better to sub, k?
 Ragnarok.Azura
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-04-27 10:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
Azura said:
Revision said:
Snapshot>All for Ranger.

tell me that again when you hit for 5 DMG per Demon Arrow on Tyger or Gumbo. or

Ludoggy said:
rng atk 10 +snapshot wins.
maybe a cor can get away with racc +10 since they have less acc.

miss 1/3 extra of your 'snapshot' attacks because of the +% RACC you're lacking from base RACC.

10 makes the difference in both these cases, though if i were to agree with anyone it would be Ludoggy and Ashman, you can always swap in a Behemoth Ring in place of Raja's if you're really hurting for the RACC, but RATK is hard to come by, unless you have a good 3mil to drop on a Kyudogi (waste of money).

There's a difference between parsing against Dynamis mobs and T4 ZNMs/Gods/Kings. I dont get a lot of time on RNG these days but i'll parse and give you some figures for Snapshot/racc/ratk, will just take some time.

Dumb :(

Cap your snapshot and ratk, before anything else.

Then you won't hit for 5 per arrow; and you can toss ranged acc in every other slot. (Rings, earrings, belt, neck, legs, and hands are more than enough to hit kings with subs on)

&

Blindphleb said:
I honestly think you should pick either Rng or Thf. Like Ludoggy said you'll end up making a piece that is so-so for each job.

reponse:
Azura said:
As for RNG, i have yet to even merit the job, so for now the snapshot bonus would certainly help but not to the proper significance it should. I have better plans of finishing BRD and RDM merits b4 i even touch RNG, seeing as these two are my main endgame uses.

Please finish reading b4 you post, i've already agreed at this point that snapshot would be ideal for RNG. Seeing as i haven't even merited yet, i wanted a piece that would (as always Blind) benefit THF, and more coincidentally benefit RNG. Why do you think i haven't bought a Kyudogi.
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-04-27 11:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Azura said:
Blindphleb said:
I honestly think you should pick either Rng or Thf. Like Ludoggy said you'll end up making a piece that is so-so for each job.

reponse:
Azura said:
As for RNG, i have yet to even merit the job, so for now the snapshot bonus would certainly help but not to the proper significance it should. I have better plans of finishing BRD and RDM merits b4 i even touch RNG, seeing as these two are my main endgame uses.

Please finish reading b4 you post, i've already agreed at this point that snapshot would be ideal for RNG. Seeing as i haven't even merited yet, i wanted a piece that would (as always Blind) benefit THF, and more coincidentally benefit RNG. Why do you think i haven't bought a Kyudogi.

Well Azura... then I wouldn't see what the problem is: If you're going for a combo that would benefit BOTH RNG and THF, I would go with RAtt+10/RAcc+10. Snapshot will do you no good for your THF as it's a group 2 merit obtained only at RNG75 (stating the obvious, I know~).

I suppose you could say that the "Store TP"+4 "Subtle Blow"+4 (with either RAtt/RAcc) would also be a nice addition in the case that you might already have enough of either RAtt or RAcc, but in all honesty, it doesn't seem like that hard of a choice XD

Unless you go with something else.... Evasion +10 (Won't need it on THF <_<)? Crit Hit Rate +3% (always nice, but mithra THF and it's naturally high DEX...)? Fast Cast +5% (for Utsusemi)?
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-04-27 11:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Elkanah said:
Anye said:
Dream on Elk, dream on ;D

My Kitty is gonna be placed back in Vana'diel very soon.
Just have plans at the moment before I bring her back.
So yea, expect to see her as another RNG also.
Maybe finish DRK70 to 75 and work on that while working on Elk in the mean time

Maho DRK/RNG is back ;D
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-04-27 11:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:

Well Azura... then I wouldn't see what the problem is: If you're going for a combo that would benefit BOTH RNG and THF, I would go with RAtt+10/RAcc+10. Snapshot will do you no good for your THF as it's a group 2 merit obtained only at RNG75 (stating the obvious, I know~).

I suppose you could say that the "Store TP"+4 "Subtle Blow"+4 (with either RAtt/RAcc) would also be a nice addition in the case that you might already have enough of either RAtt or RAcc, but in all honesty, it doesn't seem like that hard of a choice XD

Snapshot isnt RNG onry, if you wear gear that has the stat on it, much like ??? Affinity items (Koenig shield, Byakko's Axe, the Affinity earrings) and also Double Attack+ gear(ninja edit): you get that stat.

If anything, I think that Racc + Snapshot would've been better then Racc/Ratt because when you use bolts as a THF, you use them for status effects, not their damage. At least Racc/Snapshot would have gotten you the Racc that you need, and the ability to shoot faster, which is what the status effect all boils down too.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-04-27 11:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Erikthecleric said:
Snapshot isnt RNG onry, if you wear gear that has the stat on it, much like ??? Affinity items (Koenig shield, Byakko's Axe, the Affinity earrings) and also Double Attack+ gear.

If anything, I think that Racc + Snapshot would've been better then Racc/Ratt because when you use bolts as a THF, you use them for status effects, not their damage. At least Racc/Snapshot would have gotten you the Racc that you need, and the ability to shoot faster, which is what the status effect all boils down too.

:O XD I take it back then. Thanks for clearing that up^^
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-04-27 14:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Erikthecleric said:
Anye said:

Snapshot isnt RNG onry, if you wear gear that has the stat on it, much like ??? Affinity items (Koenig shield, Byakko's Axe, the Affinity earrings) and also Double Attack+ gear(ninja edit): you get that stat.

No lol. Snapshot items are very few even for Ranger. There are about 4 items. Without it being merited and stacked with other Snapshot items, the only way to tell the difference would be with a stopwatch.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-27 14:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Erikthecleric said:
Anye said:

No lol. Snapshot items are very few even for Ranger. There are about 4 items. Without it being merited and stacked with other Snapshot items, the only way to tell the difference would be with a stopwatch.

You can say the same thing about Haste, Dual Wield, Double Attack, or really any gear. Brutal Earring is only 5% double attack. Does that make it not worth using if you don't have any Double Attack gear?
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-04-27 15:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
you can say the same thing about Haste, Dual Wield, Double Attack, or really any gear. Brutal Earring is only 5% double attack. Does that make it not worth using if you don't have any Double Attack gear?

You can do what ya want but comparing that's a bad analogy. A THF doesn't use Ranged Attack as its main weapon, where as dual wield relates to a jobs main weapon.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-04-27 17:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Azura said:
Cyr said:
[quote=Azura][quote=Revision]Snapshot>All for Ranger.

Blindphleb said:

reponse:
Azura said:

I did read before I posted, but it seemed you still didn't think picking one job to use the Mirke on would be a good idea. Your response here was the first I had witnessed where you agreed with the majority here that snapshot would be a good augment for the Mirke. I'm sorry if I didn't understand you. So far I see about 3 different augments that you could do, based on how you want to play your jobs.

For a Thf and Rng Mirke: I would probably suggest Racc+10/Snapshot, but then you'll be wishing you added the ratk+10 if you find yourself playing Rng alot. And then you'll only use it on thf when you're needing to /ra something, but it'd probably be the best piece to do this in.

For just a Thf Mirke: I would probably do acc+10 and dual wield+3, "But wut about my Rapparee Harness QQ" don't fool yourself you won't be capping your acc at anything but farming mobs take that silly purple hooker outfit off and start hitting again. I'm still not sure if this would be outclassed by the Homam body, so if you are close to getting that, then I might not choose this augment.

For just a Rng Mirke: I'd do ratk+10/snapshot+5, which would be a very nice piece that you'd use almost full time on rng.

Those are my opinions you can take them or leave them, but I think they'll suite your needs well.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-04-27 19:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Erikthecleric said:
Anye said:

I'm kind of confused on how that had to do anything with what i posted. I said that Snapshot, from gear, was not RNG only and that it had its uses for THF in a situation where you needed the status effect from acid/bloody/blind/sleep bolt to proc. Firing a status bolt off earlier would be of more benefit then a few extra damage right?
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-04-27 19:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply stating that Snapshot would be a poor choice for an augment if you were using Mirke for both Ranger and Thief. Ranged Acc and Attk would be better and of course, that's just my opinion.
 Ragnarok.Azura
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-05-05 21:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:
Azura said:
Cyr said:
[quote=Azura][quote=Revision]Snapshot>All for Ranger.

Blindphleb said:

reponse:
Azura said:

I did read before I posted, but it seemed you still didn't think picking one job to use the Mirke on would be a good idea. Your response here was the first I had witnessed where you agreed with the majority here that snapshot would be a good augment for the Mirke. I'm sorry if I didn't understand you. So far I see about 3 different augments that you could do, based on how you want to play your jobs.

For a Thf and Rng Mirke: I would probably suggest Racc+10/Snapshot, but then you'll be wishing you added the ratk+10 if you find yourself playing Rng alot. And then you'll only use it on thf when you're needing to /ra something, but it'd probably be the best piece to do this in.

For just a Thf Mirke: I would probably do acc+10 and dual wield+3, "But wut about my Rapparee Harness QQ" don't fool yourself you won't be capping your acc at anything but farming mobs take that silly purple hooker outfit off and start hitting again. I'm still not sure if this would be outclassed by the Homam body, so if you are close to getting that, then I might not choose this augment.

For just a Rng Mirke: I'd do ratk+10/snapshot+5, which would be a very nice piece that you'd use almost full time on rng.

Those are my opinions you can take them or leave them, but I think they'll suite your needs well.

this is a quote from my other post "Haste Vs. Dual Wield".
Raenryong said:
Homam Body is better than Rapparee Harness, generally speaking. Rapparee Harness is better IF:

A. Accuracy is high with the HARNESS (88%+~ typically)
B. Haste values are crushingly high anyway (talking 2x SV March + Haste spell etc)
C. Mob is feint'd
D. Sushi is being eaten (on most mobs)

And yes I do plan to on getting Homam Body, but I'm still about 8th in line for it. If you read through that post you'll get an idea why I dont want Dual Wield, Haste just outperforms it. I dont actually make the argument or contribute i just go with what's been said. Though i find it hard to believe Dual Wield actually lowers TP gain, doesn't make sence to me. Matter of fact though, i do have plenty of ACC as Mithra THF, you're a silly elvaan. =)

I've decided to make the Mirke into a RATK and Snapshot piece if that makes you feel any better, but i will wait until i finish my merits. For now the Relic Body is plenty.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-05 22:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

have a posted here yet? hmmm, i chose...omg here it comes

dual wield & double attack

Why? coz its fun.

and i use it on NIN too. was actually meriting on nin today, and swapped between osode, koga chainmail and mirke, ok i didnt parse, but the mirke was alot more fun.

And to me it kinda makes sense to stack dual wield and double attack up with brutal and suppa