New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Cait Sith and Atomos
Cait Sith and Atomos
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Artemicion 2011-07-15 12:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Phoenix would bring a whole new meaning to "zombie-ing" stuff, lol.

I really wish SE had the money, time, and man-power to put together another full fledged expansion for FFXI. None of this half-assed scripted side-story BS. Not that I don't enjoy additional new content to play with, but when it's made blatantly obvious how it was made light of, it can be rather alienating in retrospect. Similar to this video.

PS: I would totally get a *** for a far-eastern or southern continent mithra homeland based expansion.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-15 12:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It could happen. I think that perhaps if the Vita release draws a niche crowd they could.

Everquest has been dying for years too, and they still release expansions.
By Artemicion 2011-07-15 12:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
It could happen. I think that perhaps if the Vita release draws a niche crowd they could.

Everquest has been dying for years too, and they still release expansions.

Yeah, but the question is on how big of a scale are the expansions?
They're not full on development team, man-power based ones that warranted retail release packages rather than "hurrr send $10 and download!" ones.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-07-15 12:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the idea of having a Cat avatar following you around was enough to make this a possibility......
 Siren.Liquidsilk
Server: Siren
By Siren.Liquidsilk 2011-07-15 12:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't they release any info without the usual forum posters speculating/crying/whining before the content is even released, or you guys honestly have nothing better to do lol

Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-15 12:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Liquidsilk said:
Can't they release any info without the usual forum posters speculating/crying/whining before the content is even released, or you guys honestly have nothing better to do lol

Crying about crying.

Classy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-15 12:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I like you Flion.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-07-15 12:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fellow/former players calling other players of the same exact game nerds. Classy x2.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-15 12:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
I like you Flion.

<3!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-15 12:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Liquidsilk said:

Gosh, why have a forum in the first place? Seriously, get lost and don't bother clicking on threads if you don't like opinions (or speculation for that matter, the title says it all...)
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-07-15 14:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

the final wings battle is a joke a coupel smn can beat it easy did this couple months ago. Far as atomos not being any good everyone thought same of alex at first but now he's the go to avatar for so many things while odin barely gets used.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-07-15 14:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

lol honestly not sure if this was a real cartoon (if so least they put pants on the one guy) and now i want go watch the movie again thanks..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2011-07-15 14:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Slytribal said:
CoP - Diabolos
ToAU - Odin and Alexander
WoTG - Cait Sith and Atomos

They could add Bahamut for CoP but they stated before that they wanted him to be an enemy only to keep his 'godlike' stature. Though they said the same thing for Odin and Alexander, they may add in future.

But for the reason of Cait Sith and Atomos, only ones from WoTG

As for Odin and Alexander, I believed they were both summoned by people during the story... while Bahamut just goes around FYS up.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-07-15 14:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

These are all development ideas. They've scratched so many in the course of time that I can't say for sure these will even be added. Until you see update notes along the lines of "new avatars will be added", I wouldn't count on it.

That aside, they both seem heavy contenders for more AF only summons, especially Atomos but even Cait Sith. They have enough diversity already with at least 1 avatar of each element to do virtually anything they could possibly want to do, meaning anything Atomos or Cait Sith as a residual avatar could do would be merely superficial at best: abilities that could have easily been given to one of the others we already have.

If it does come down to 2HR only, I suspect something largely random from the cat, something as it has been in previous games (a cor roll of epic proportions) and huge AoE non-elemental magic damage from the vacuum cleaner. Novelties, sure. But what more can you expect at this point? They've basically done everything already.
[+]
 Valefor.Rioitz
Server: Valefor
user: Rioitz
By Valefor.Rioitz 2011-07-15 15:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-15 15:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave Cait Sith aloooonneeee, she is snuggly. :(
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-15 15:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said:
These are all development ideas. They've scratched so many in the course of time that I can't say for sure these will even be added. Until you see update notes along the lines of "new avatars will be added", I wouldn't count on it.

That aside, they both seem heavy contenders for more AF only summons, especially Atomos but even Cait Sith. They have enough diversity already with at least 1 avatar of each element to do virtually anything they could possibly want to do, meaning anything Atomos or Cait Sith as a residual avatar could do would be merely superficial at best: abilities that could have easily been given to one of the others we already have.

If it does come down to 2HR only, I suspect something largely random from the cat, something as it has been in previous games (a cor roll of epic proportions) and huge AoE non-elemental magic damage from the vacuum cleaner. Novelties, sure. But what more can you expect at this point? They've basically done everything already.

BLM gets meteor and smns dont even get bahamut with 2hr only mega flare!?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-07-15 15:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If we had Bahamut as a summon, would that mean we would be able to also summon the other wyrms with Bahamut still out? OP summon is OP!
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-07-15 15:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I really wish SE had the money, time, and man-power to put together another full fledged expansion for FFXI. None of this half-assed scripted side-story BS. Not that I don't enjoy additional new content to play with, but when it's made blatantly obvious how it was made light of, it can be rather alienating in retrospect.
The reality is they have all of these things. However like any business, before investing them into a product they will look to see if they'll get a return on their investment. It's painfully clear the answer to this question is "no". It's not even about PS2 limitations. It's about FFXI limitations. The game is alive enough to keep turning a profit at status quo, but that's all it's alive enough to do anymore. Be thankful we have that much.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-07-15 15:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I can't help but wonder if the "meteor" referred to in that panel didn't eventuate itself as the abysmal "impact". I wouldn't doubt it for a second.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-15 15:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

I agree, but I highly doubt they'll add Bahamut until much later since they wanted him to be an all powerful wyrm god. :/

I really want to see Phoenix, no excuses SE.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-07-15 15:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

18 Smns would dominate everything!
Fight until 17 die, last one uses Phoenix 2H, everyone is revived. Go down the list until the enemy is dead! Running out of Phoenix's? Quickly drop someone that used theirs with an outside alliance!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-15 15:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I can't help but wonder if the "meteor" referred to in that panel didn't eventuate itself as the abysmal "impact". I wouldn't doubt it for a second.
It's not. Meteor was said to be BLM exclusive.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-07-15 15:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
It's not. Meteor was said to be BLM exclusive.
We're talking about SE, right? Because it seems I'm talking about SE and you're talking about something else.

Yes a lot of things are said. What actually happens is often entirely different.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-15 15:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dropping this off here:

Quote:
*Multiple example adjustments follow each job vision. These are provided merely to illustrate the general direction we intend to take each job—actual adjustments implemented may differ from what is written.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-07-15 15:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I waited for new avatars for years. Update after update was a letdown.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-07-15 15:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said:
Quote:
*actual adjustments implemented may differ from what is written.
 Fenrir.Eriaxa
Server: Fenrir
user: Eriaxa
By Fenrir.Eriaxa 2011-07-15 15:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Okay... Cait Sith.. WHY? There were so many choices for summons like Bahamut (in almost every single FF game and summonable), Phoenix, Ixion (The ones in the game now are all diff names, obvious not gonna be a summon but would have been better than cait sith :(), the list goes on and on. Atomos is cool though, I don't see him being very useful though. He only did stat drains in the one bcnm.

Cait sith is a traditional summon in the series.

Traditional summon? It has been a summon in like 3 games. The rest its either a normal mob or some special character. The "why" pertains to this game, I just don't see why Cait Sith would become a summon instead of the alternatives.

The reason "why" is because it's the most inexpensive way they can give us a new avatar. All of this Avatars Graphics are already in the game. They gutted the development team. It's about 1/10 of the size it used to be.
[+]
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-07-15 15:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread kinda reminds me of the movie "Sucker Punch"-
pointless, stupid, and gives me a headache.
 Midgardsormr.Deonz
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Deonz
By Midgardsormr.Deonz 2011-07-15 15:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said:
Artemicion said:
I really wish SE had the money, time, and man-power to put together another full fledged expansion for FFXI. None of this half-assed scripted side-story BS. Not that I don't enjoy additional new content to play with, but when it's made blatantly obvious how it was made light of, it can be rather alienating in retrospect.
The reality is they have all of these things. However like any business, before investing them into a product they will look to see if they'll get a return on their investment. It's painfully clear the answer to this question is "no". It's not even about PS2 limitations. It's about FFXI limitations. The game is alive enough to keep turning a profit at status quo, but that's all it's alive enough to do anymore. Be thankful we have that much.

Actually, their money has been going down the drain tremendously, as well as their stock value. Things like 14 failing and then earthquakes and tsunami.. they declared their net income dropped almost 90 percent. Why invest money on a game that doesn't have as many followers as it used to? It definitely won't spike anytime.. if ever.

Anyways, I like Cait Sith, not so much Atomos. Cait Sith seems like the dark version of Carby, while Atomos feels more like a cop out.