Item Watch List RSS/ATOM?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Item Watch List RSS/ATOM?
Item Watch List RSS/ATOM?
 Diabolos.Higeki
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: KyleP
By Diabolos.Higeki 2008-03-27 11:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

"Can you have the site email me when ________ sells or _______ happens?"
Wasn't sure if this qualified as the same question, after reading the pending features post...

Would it be an excessive amount of bandwidth usage to have a link (or maybe just an option to enable a feed, to reduce the total amount to be created) to an RSS feed of a particular list a user creates? [edit] Possibly limit each user to one feed with an item limit, as limiting to one list does no good if you can just combine them all :). [/edit]

If it's not an issue of bandwidth or transfer amounts, the only issue I can see would be limiting access to private lists to only that user, for the feed. I don't know if feed publishing supports user/pass verification or not...

Useful for a hot item you're trying to get, like an Ecphoria ring or something (just an example, there are plenty now, on Diabolos at least).

Obviously generation interval could be raised to keep activity low.

Hope this is feasible :) I'll be messing with a scraper while I wait for feedback xD

[edit] After researching scrapers a bit, I may just do this for my own use instead of pestering you guys to do this ;D [/edit]
 Ramuh.Montek
Server: Ramuh
user: Montek
By Ramuh.Montek 2008-03-29 09:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Care to suggest how you did it? I've messed around with several notification services trying to get this information myself. I have yet to find something that actually works well yet.
 Diabolos.Higeki
Server: Diabolos
user: KyleP
By Diabolos.Higeki 2008-03-30 04:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

www.dapper.net