Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » QD set
QD set
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-08 20:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Snapshot roll gives 45.5% snapshot? Holy shat.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-08 20:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Snapshot roll gives 45.5% snapshot? Holy shat.

It probably doesn't ;/
But I gave the complete advantage to snapshot roll during the calculation and it still can' beat regain ._.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-08 21:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You completely went against your point. You said you were using Sea Daughter in one post, and Lone Wolf in another. I can agree that the Regain from Tactician's Roll would be helpful, yes, but your argument is all over the place. Make up your mind please.

Ragnarok.Afania said:
And seriously, getting 20+ TP per QD is very easy with mitten and STP gear, but only sacrificing 4 MAB, which isn't going to make a damn difference for QD dmg.
And of course 20+ is easy, but not 25.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-08 21:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
You completely went against your point. You said you were using Sea Daughter in one post, and Lone Wolf in another. I can agree that the Regain from Tactician's Roll would be helpful, yes, but you're argument is all over the place. Make up your mind please.

I don't use sea daughter in calculation because it's not needed to get one hit off, just regain roll + extra TP from QD is enough. You're the one who started sea daughter atma talk, I just pointed out(after you brought it up) that with all that much regain you can get to 100 TP within 10 sec. But you don't need to use sea daughter and regain roll still wins.

Personally I almost never use sea daughter unless it's in Abyssea EXP pt. You're the one who mentioned it first so I just followed.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-08 21:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
You completely went against your point. You said you were using Sea Daughter in one post, and Lone Wolf in another. I can agree that the Regain from Tactician's Roll would be helpful, yes, but you're argument is all over the place. Make up your mind please.
I don't use sea daughter in calculation because it's not needed to get one hit off, just regain roll + extra TP from QD is enough. You're the one who started sea daughter atma talk, I just pointed out(after you brought it up) that with all that much regain you can get to 100 TP within 10 sec. But you don't need to use sea daughter and regain roll still wins. Personally I almost never use sea daughter unless it's in Abyssea EXP pt. You're the one who mentioned it first so I just followed.
When you included Sea Daugheter in your Regain count, I would think that would imply the use of it for you, which is why I went on with it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-08 21:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:
And seriously, getting 20+ TP per QD is very easy with mitten and STP gear, but only sacrificing 4 MAB, which isn't going to make a damn difference for QD dmg.

+25 is doable, but I gonna go test later to see if sacrificing head/back/waist slot for STP is worth all the QD dmg lose if it's not on firesday.(On firesday Karin Obi is too hard to sacrifice though)
 Bahamut.Vagrua
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-07-08 21:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my QD set:

Not using MAB rings since I can never get them to drop augmented with MAB.
The gun is augmented with MAB+10.
You can get the latent activated on Uggy by just being /blm and spamming ice spikes or mp merits with -mp gear on and off.
And obis for each day as already said.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-08 21:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vagrua said:
This is my QD set: Not using MAB rings since I can never get them to drop augmented with MAB. The gun is augmented with MAB+10. You can get the latent activated on Uggy by just being /blm and spamming ice spikes or mp merits with -mp gear on and off. And obis for each day as already said.
/RDM is the same effect with an easier MP dump and better defensive buffs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vagrua
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-07-08 21:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Vagrua said:
This is my QD set: Not using MAB rings since I can never get them to drop augmented with MAB. The gun is augmented with MAB+10. You can get the latent activated on Uggy by just being /blm and spamming ice spikes or mp merits with -mp gear on and off. And obis for each day as already said.
/RDM is the same effect with an easier MP dump and better defensive buffs.
Ah yes, I forgot /RDM gets MABII now as I haven't used my cor since 75 bird parties besides gearing/abysseaing it.
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-08 22:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:

+25 is doable, but I gonna go test later to see if sacrificing head/back/waist slot for STP is worth all the QD dmg lose if it's not on firesday.(On firesday Karin Obi is too hard to sacrifice though)

+33 is possible for QD, I had a 33tp set made for Armageddon. was fun just not very practical.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-08 22:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming that's with SAM roll 2/11?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-08-15 01:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Nausi said:
You don't need Denali pants for QD, just fire in all 5 of the AFv3+2. The Triple DMG bonus % you get from each piece outweighs nearly everything you could put in any of the slots, even the Mirke with the reduced timer! Of course that dmg bonus doesnt help you much with light/dark shot so the Mirke is still useful for that.

The only exception is/are Schutzen Mits for building TP, but thats situational and depends heavily on what you're doing.

Oh and use Rose in stead of Reavers, you'll likely get far more from the TP than the AGI.
Full empy only gives you a small chance at set proc. Having a consistent damage seems better to me.
It is. From a small maff session I had, the +2 pieces are about the equivalent of +2 MAB in overall damage. The numbers vary, but that's about the average from what I remember.

Well at one point Wiki said that the 5/5 set bonus of the AFv3 was a 12.5% proc rate which given that the alternative is AF+1 head and ACP body, would provide stiff competition. 5% (2/5 pieces) x 200% extra damage = 10% increase in total damage over time. Also since one does not always make full use of the lowered recast time during all events it wont always pull ahead in every single situation. But seeing that that info no longer seems to be valid AF+1 / Mirke would still be the best.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-15 01:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

for what it's worth (and what i've seen/heard), all empyrean +2 set bonuses follow suit with the simplistic pattern of: 1% (1/5) > 2% (2/5) > 3% (3/5) > 4% (4/5) > 10% (5/5)

now granted as any other sub that isn't /sam, i'm certain you'd be able to quick draw in the full set and still hold a five-hit, but it's kind of hard to compete with cor/sam's staple wildfire four-hit (which to support it, it essentially doesn't even gimp any of your actions much at all), on top of when paired with the fact that you're not always blowing off quick draws right off the bat to maximize on the set's effectiveness
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-08-17 16:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy,

That's my thinking too. Full AF3+2 set for a chance of Triple Proc but people seem to be think wearing Sch. Mitts & MaB body is better.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-17 16:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK caps out at 5%, not 10%, and I'm fairly sure others in that style (DRG, PUP) have the same procrate so I'm not sure that's accurate. Pretty sure there's actually two different procrates for the random set bonuses not dependent on something like DA or Conserve MP (for which I have no idea of the procrate), one capping at 5% (say, 1/2/3~3.5/5) and the other at 10% (2/4/6~7/10, such as NIN's).