BRD Advice!? Help Me Not Suck :)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » BRD Advice!? Help me not suck :)
BRD Advice!? Help me not suck :)
By Creecreelo 2011-06-21 11:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
See, that's all you had to provide instead of being an insatiable ***.

Simply posting that evidence initially would have ended the discussion there.

You always need proof.

edit: I still don't really believe it, far more testing has to be done.

Anecdotal evidence you can take with a grain of salt, you refused to believe it all, which is fine(to believe would make you... Oh, no, wrong! O.O) But you insisted upon posting like a douche "PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN."

For comparison, Kirshy tested up to combined skill 666 with +2 from the current Gjallarhorn and got 33% DT. I tested up to 761 skill and +1 from boots and got 42% DT.

Discounting "Scherzo +#" from Gjallarhorn/AF3+2 Feet, 660 skill = 31% DT, 760 skill = 41%.

Wow, that's really so hard to understand.

Even in your last post, you still refuse to believe ACTUAL evidence lol

Whatever, apparently it's impossible for you to take like 15min to test this yourself lol

Here's Kirshy's Scherzo thread for those interested.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/99406-Sentinel-s-Scherzo-effect-on-Physical-Damage?highlight=

Let's move on now.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-21 11:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't take anecdotal evidence as fact.

Deal with it.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-21 15:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Summary: Scherzo is pretty damn awesome :)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-21 15:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Asy

Didn't mean to derail your thread bro.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-21 15:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, it's good.
I know for SURE to make a Skill+ set for Scherzo.

I also know -cast doesn't cap at 50%.

I will be the best BRD ever!
(Not really, but lol)
 Caitsith.Goldensephiroth
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Goldensephiroth 2011-06-21 16:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but latent rings are based off your base HP not abyssea enhanced hp. I know this is the case with the blm ring so I can't say for the brd but I thought I recalled my alt never getting it to work properly. I spent a number of months just thinking it was working because I never stay on her long enough to know what % stuff went off on.

So if you want to use this ring in abyssea you'll have to cancel your hp cruor buff as well as use an hp- set to put you below 75% of your normal hp.

Nah it definitely works by canceling the HP buff.
I'll test it once I get home. But I recall all kinds of bitching from blms and while the rings aren't exactly the same they should be very closely related as the only real difference is the glitching with convert gear.

I remember vaguely hearing the BLM rings didn't work, but I've had no issue with the BRD rings.
Blm ring is far easier to test and no amount of lag will skew the results. You'll always get the right results provided you don't flip gear, resist or nuke on day or strong to day.

With brd it's cast time, now granted it's a lot of cast time so it should be easy to see, you've got to be sure that none of your other gear, atmas or other variables are going to cause any issues.

I'd like it to work but I'm going to have to see it for myself to believe that it works because my last series of tests failed to provide any fastcast bonus until I was in my normal latent hp range.

To bypass this, I just don't take the HP buff but get everything else. I found that cancelling the HP buff while in your Ring-trigger set (which I'm 100% sure works) is more convenient as you would be able to have more HP when it is in fact needed, but there was one point that made me stop getting it. And that was the fact that mages start yelling at you because of the massive sudden drop in HP, even if you tell them beforehand. Besides, you don't really need the HP buff inside of Abyssea unless you're meleeing a AoE-spam NM (like Sisyphus) or your group sucks at stunning the major AoEs of NMs like Apademak.
 Shiva.Msthief
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-21 16:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

*** this thread. After mentioning dd bard I got consumed with the idea and poured like 4mil into it (Kris, heca +1 hands, Antares).

My final evis set was:

My atmas were GH, RR, Apoc. Yataghan on the mainhand is +7 dmg and +4% crit damage, haidate have 5 agi/5stp/3% crit dmg. There are obvious improvements, but with minuet5/(march) I was popping off 3-3.5k on worms in La Theine. It's a really fun change of pace, I'd highly recommend it.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-06-21 19:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
*** this thread. After mentioning dd bard I got consumed with the idea and poured like 4mil into it (Kris, heca +1 hands, Antares).

My final evis set was:

My atmas were GH, RR, Apoc. Yataghan on the mainhand is +7 dmg and +4% crit damage, haidate have 5 agi/5stp/3% crit dmg. There are obvious improvements, but with minuet5/(march) I was popping off 3-3.5k on worms in La Theine. It's a really fun change of pace, I'd highly recommend it.
gimp,lol you have like no haste on that set
my brd uses goliard body, zelus tiara, twilight knife/blau dolch goading belt, ziel charm, replacing those legs for calmecac pants are nice too

bard should try meleeing, its super fun, tons of tp gain spaming evis's i do out dd some drgs and wars in full af+2 because dmg per time
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-06-21 19:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Shiva.Msthief said:

My final evis set was:

?

Haste takes time to proc, time you don't have on weaponskills. You need to stack tons and tons of attack so that you can bypass the shields of Paladin mobs and the scythes of DRKs. There is no other way. Good luck, my friends.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-21 19:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:

ITT: WS builds need haste
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-06-21 19:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:

ITT: WS builds need haste

what, you don't speed up your ws animations with haste?

gimp
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-06-21 19:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

haste implies hurrying

when you hurry you make mistakes

making mistakes is bad

therefore haste is bad
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-06-21 19:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lolserj said:
haste implies hurrying

when you hurry you make mistakes

making mistakes is bad

therefore haste is bad
Makes sense to me.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-21 20:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but latent rings are based off your base HP not abyssea enhanced hp. I know this is the case with the blm ring so I can't say for the brd but I thought I recalled my alt never getting it to work properly. I spent a number of months just thinking it was working because I never stay on her long enough to know what % stuff went off on.

So if you want to use this ring in abyssea you'll have to cancel your hp cruor buff as well as use an hp- set to put you below 75% of your normal hp.

I'll test it once I get home. But I recall all kinds of bitching from blms and while the rings aren't exactly the same they should be very closely related as the only real difference is the glitching with convert gear.

BLM ring is different from WHM and BRD, not sure about SMN, but I think that is a valid one too. Definitely sure my Medicine Ring works, since I get about 80~ more HP with cure V.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-06-21 20:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

BLM ring is different from WHM and BRD, not sure about SMN, but I think that is a valid one too. Definitely sure my Medicine Ring works, since I get about 80~ more HP with cure V.

Tested and confirmed that brd ring works no matter how much hp you have from abyssea buffs as long as you're actually below 75%.

I can only assume I botched my last tests and just accepted it cause the blm ring doesn't. I'd go retest sorc ring but I sold it a while back cause I don't even use blm.

I don't know how much of a difference this will actually make for me since I don't know if I'm willing to drop quite that much hp. Dropping your hp buff drops you far below 75%. 55% in visions with all merits abyssites.

At the very least I will be modding my XML to account for any situation where my hp is less than 75% in song fastcast gear.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-21 21:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Tested and confirmed that brd ring works no matter how much hp you have from abyssea buffs as long as you're actually below 75%.

I can only assume I botched my last tests and just accepted it cause the blm ring doesn't. I'd go retest sorc ring but I sold it a while back cause I don't even use blm.

I don't know how much of a difference this will actually make for me since I don't know if I'm willing to drop quite that much hp. Dropping your hp buff drops you far below 75%. 55% in visions with all merits abyssites.

At the very least I will be modding my XML to account for any situation where my hp is less than 75% in song fastcast gear.
Xswift un-equipped Sorc Ring to have a blank gear slot to see the difference in damage after I had told him about the Abyssea HP buff not working for it-- there was no change. I wish I had screenshots to show, but I don't.