Maximum DoH SP Per Hour?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Maximum DoH SP per hour?
Maximum DoH SP per hour?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-12 05:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, has anyone gotten above more than about 15k SP an hour while crafting, outside of leves? I've done a couple all day crafting sessions now, and 15k seems about the most I can pull in an hour, and that's by doing synths that give me like 600+SP each, if I do something that gives about 2-300SP per synth, I get more like 12-13k an hour.

If you've made it notably higher, how did you do it? I wanna try and optimize my sessions..
By SniperRifle 2011-06-12 05:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing 34-38 on Alch with Chemicking training off R40 fish I got 20-21k/hr. 90s per synth roughly, 3600 seconds in an hour. 40 synths in an hour. 40x500+ (500 being below the minimum) I got over 20k an hour. Maybe 1 out of the 40 would break?

Also, 33-36 on Weaver with Weaving training off Undyed Velv... Same thing.

Only posting this because I did this in the last 7 days, my memory is very fresh and accurate.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-12 06:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I just had a good run (the only reason I even know how long I've been crafting is from the timer for the support) and got about 20k..

=/ still that's a lot of grinding, it's almost discouraging to actually do the math and figure out how many hours I'm going to be grinding away, even under the best of circumstances, just to finish off my BSM.

Right now (mid 30's) it'll take me a little over 5 hours to get 2 ranks, assuming I sit there and grind those 5 hours straight (which I can't) and I just get lucky and don't have a lot of breaks/problems. If each rank stayed at about 50k per (which it won't) that'd still take me nearly 2 weeks <_<.
 Cerberus.Drklighter
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Drklighter 2011-06-12 08:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've hit my first 45+ craft (alc) and the grind is just getting ridiculous at this point. To 40 wasn't all that bad, 45-50 ... well lets just say I'm not sure how all these people with multiple crafts to r50 did it (outside of those that may have taken 'other' means to get there).
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-12 08:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how anyone affords it.. I mean gil is easy to come by, but the sheer amount of mats/shards/crystals needed to get a level post 30 really adds up quick. I've already expended pretty much all the mats, (several stacks of iron ore/sand/limonite) and shards I've been saving since well before I quit.. Now I'm having to buy the shards and mats and running through all the gil I've saved since I first started the game about 5x faster than I can replace it.

I just spent a mil on mats (and only about half the crystals and shards needed for them) and it's only going to get me about 85k SP, well would get that much assuming nothing broke.
[+]
By tragicnate 2011-06-12 12:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I use to enjoy crafting at the minimum rank of a synth. However, the difficulty of the synth added so much time to the synth that my minimum sp/hr was be about 15k. Once I started gaining ranks I started to get more sp/hr since I could do synths faster even though it was for less sp per synth. I forgot exactly where I topped out. Soon I will be starting another synth that is +10 ranks and ill track sp/hr at every rank and let y'all know.
By AquaRegia 2011-06-12 15:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

With stuff in the +6-+8 range (600-700 sp per syn), can get 30k-35k per hr. Ingenuity helps a ton on difficult syn, so does perfection, assemble, mass production, hand of god.

Right now I'm doing apple juice at 31, 650-800 per syn, about 50 syn per hr (perfection, mass production, ingenuity), so far 21k in 35 min.

But these sweet spots are rare, normally 20k/hr is a good rate.