Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » "Optimal" Avatar Magic Damage Set
"Optimal" Avatar Magic Damage Set
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2011-06-08 19:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for help building an "optimal" set. After watching the final fight of WoTG being soloed by a SMN, I decided that I really wanted to do it too. However, when I went in and did it, I only got Lilith Ascendant to 40% before I timed out. I compared my battle to the video and saw about a 300 damage difference between my BPs and the video's, so I'm assuming there's a gear gap that I need to make up for.

At the moment, my set is like so:

Pet: MAB+ ToM Staff, ofc.

Now, immediate improvements I know I need to work on is +2ing my gear (mostly so I can use the set procs for extra damage) but most immediately the body and legs. I need a Caller's Sash (Lieje hates me). Beyond those obvious adjustments, is there any way to further improve my set to get more damage on my magical BPs?

Note: This is not including Atma or anything, I'm asking from a more general standpoint.
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2011-06-08 19:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

One huge factor is +2ing as many pieces of AF3 as possible, a AF3 proc will double your BP dmg, +2 body alone is an additional 5% BP dmg.

Beyond that ur stuff looks good^^
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2011-06-08 19:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, i'm sure you know this but 5/5 BP merits will boost their dmg, in addition Mana Cede can give your avatar a TP boost which translates into moar dmg:p
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-06-09 05:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The 300 dmg difference I would assume is your TP bonus on your merit BP, possibly caller's doublet +2 is pushing his a bit higher too.

As jewkitten said, having a BP at 5/5 helps max out the pacts damage via TP as much as possible without having to build up TP beforehand, I noticed an increase of 70~100 dmg each upgrade back at 75 cap, could be different now at 90.

Then with af3 legs +1 and a 5/5 BP you only need 75TP to hit "300%" or just 50TP with +2 legs.

I would say one of the best balls to the wall damage setups would look like this

ACP diamond earrings with +2 pet mab each. Or could use gifted earring in one ear for the blood boon +3 if you don't have a 2nd ACP earring (or none.)

In abyssea and old content stuff where acc/macc isn't an issue, AF3 hands would be better for increasing damage since it adds a bit more chance for the set bonus, however assuming SE adds mega hard ***at 99, relic hands/+1 would be better to help land the BP over using af3 hands for set proc against the new hard content.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-06-09 05:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

AMK Altius Mantle - Pet: MAB+2
 Siren.Kunimatsu
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-06-09 05:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:
AMK Altius Mantle - Pet: MAB+2

Do want D:
[+]
By Mahoro577 2011-06-09 13:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The only wild card factors which people come out differently on are whether it is better to BP in Soulscourge for the +5 Blood Boon/set proc and the Diabolos Rope for +3 Blood Boon. Basically, sacrificing 9 MAB (14 on Magian/Sash minus 5 on Soulscourge) for 8 Blood Boon.

In the end, it may be a personal decision. I have kept putting Shareer +2 on the backburner because of the Soulscourge but will likely start soon.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-09 13:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Soulscourge staff is almost essential as well some MAB gearz. In fact, I'd swap in that mp accessories for MAB and get you a caller's sash for your waist.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-09 13:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs moar Nirvana D:
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-09 13:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Zenith Pumps and Zenith Pumps +1 can also get Pet Magic Attack Bonus 1~5, possibly 6 onthe +1's. Facio spats can get 2 Pet MAB also.
[+]
 Siren.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-09 13:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said:
Zenith Pumps and Zenith Pumps +1 can also get Pet Magic Attack Bonus 1~5, possibly 6 onthe +1's. Facio spats can get 2 Pet MAB also.

But is sacrificing the Aug. Blood Boon worth only pumping up your avatars BP by .01~.05? You'll see more consistancy, but over the long run you think it would outdue the occasional double dmg blood pact?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-09 15:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said:
But is sacrificing the Aug. Blood Boon worth only pumping up your avatars BP by .01~.05? You'll see more consistancy, but over the long run you think it would outdue the occasional double dmg blood pact?

Augments Blood Boon and Blood Boon are two different effects. Testing was doen a while back that proved they are independant of each other and Blood Boon +X gear has no effect on the proc rate of teh set bonus. This basically means you can expect 3 things to happen whenever you use a BP: 1)Augments Blood Boon will trigger, causing the MP to be saved and a dmg multiplier to be added. This can occur on roughly 5% of your BP if you use 5/5 AF3 2) Blood Boon triggers and you save MP on your BP, The proc rate of this effect is depedant on your Base proc rate of the trait + any gear that you BP in that adds BB +. 3) The BP goes off with no Augments Blood Boon or Blood Boon trigger and you are a sad panda.

This means that for magic BPs, you shouldn't sacrifice any MAB at all on slots that dont use af3 pieces.

As far as Zenith with MAB +5 goes vs feet for 5/5 set bonus, it will probably come down to preference, your gear that you use and wether or not you have merits in said BP. MAB +5 will add about 50 dmg per pact. The set bonus will increase your overall dmg about 62.5% assuming the dmg multiplier form the set bonus is even distributed and that it procs about 1 out of 20 pacts. MAB +5 over the same 20 pacts will increase your dmg by 1000 barring the occasional resist. You also have consider that even with 4 pieces of af3, you can still proc the set bonus at roughly 4% proc rate. You would have to math it out yourself based on the numbers you get with your SMN, but it basically comes down to wether or not the avrg dmg from teh set bonus outweighs the loss of the arvg 1k dmg you would be giving up.

Anyone wishing to see the testing http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/8174-blood-boon
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-14 17:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A new Pet mab piece has surfaced within the synergy augments. Shadow/Valkyrie hat gets Pet: mab as its guaranteed augment when you get a HQ result. So far it seems Shadow hat can get as high as mab +2 on HQ2, so HQ3 can definately get higher and Valkyrie hat will be able to get a better result as well.

The results for Shadow hat thus far and many other pieces can be found here at this link http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104526-Sky-Abjuration-Gear-Synergy-Augments
 Valefor.Rioitz
Server: Valefor
user: Rioitz
By Valefor.Rioitz 2011-06-19 10:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-19 10:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply