Forum » FFXI » NMs » new Behemoth pop
new Behemoth pop
 Caitsith.Taazy
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: taaz
By Caitsith.Taazy 2011-05-19 22:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So we did 5 Behemoths and none of them dropped the pop item for King Behemoth. We had fully merited thief for all the fights. Anyone have a better drop rate or suggestion?
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-19 22:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've heard the drop rate seems to be 1 in 7 ish.
Which is pretty in line with what the NQ to HQ rate used to be like when they were timed spawns.
 Lakshmi.Ashido
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ashido
By Lakshmi.Ashido 2011-05-19 22:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

More TH.
[+]
By Crolion 2011-05-19 22:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

still think its pretty messed up like who the hell actually sat on KS i know i didnt after KC came out i pretty much tossed what KS i had still kept enough for a orb though.

a 25% drop rate would be real nice
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-19 22:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Taazy said:
So we did 5 Behemoths and none of them dropped the pop item for King Behemoth. We had fully merited thief for all the fights. Anyone have a better drop rate or suggestion?

? What's this have to do with drop rates?
[+]
 Siren.Soverance
Server: Siren
user: Galactus
By Siren.Soverance 2011-05-19 22:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Crolion said:
still think its pretty messed up like who the hell actually sat on KS i know i didnt after KC came out i pretty much tossed what KS i had still kept enough for a orb though.

Kindred's Seals have been able to be stored at the NPC for ages, long before Crests were released. The bigger question is why would anyone toss Seals when they take 0 inventory space.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-05-19 22:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Caitsith.Taazy said:

? What's this have to do with drop rates?
Everything.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-19 22:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Crolion said:

Why on earth would you do this...
Even if you didn't know you could store them with Shami for free (how are people still this uninformed?), why toss them?
You can make a decent amount of gil spamming ksnms.
Mind... Blown.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-19 23:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to figure out how he used KS for a BS bcnm.
 Odin.Lawii
Server: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2011-05-19 23:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just FYI, I am thinking we are having a bit of a dry run on Fafnir, because we are now 1/24. We have done 3 farming sessions, the first one we went 1/11 and have not seen a sweet tea since. Ridills and speed belts have eluded our LS on all these pops also.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-19 23:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
From what I've heard the drop rate seems to be 1 in 7 ish.
Which is pretty in line with what the NQ to HQ rate used to be like when they were timed spawns.
That's nonsense, maybe the drop rate is 1 to 7, but to say that kings spawned at an average at 7 days is a gross estimation.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-19 23:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lawii said:
Just FYI, I am thinking we are having a bit of a dry run on Fafnir, because we are now 1/24. We have done 3 farming sessions, the first one we went 1/11 and have not seen a sweet tea since. Ridills and speed belts have eluded our LS on all these pops also.
wat, speed belt doesn't drop off fafnir or NH
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-19 23:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Odin.Lawii said:
wat, speed belt doesn't drop off fafnir or NH

Speed belt drops from the Wyrm BC, though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-19 23:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

true but it was a crappy drop rate to begin with
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-19 23:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're a gimp. Then they rain down like balloons.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-19 23:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is true, all the gimps in my ls did get them ohi oblit
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-05-19 23:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Answered.

Feel bad for the OP, I went 0/3 on KB Pop, but went 1/1 on Nidhogg (who also dropped my beard), and 1/2 on behe tongue from KSNM.

The drop rate for HQ pop item is pretty low, however, Its not a great fix, but apparently they're looking into ways for us to trade Seals for another seal, so I'll probably be downgrading my HKC to KS if i can...

Just need that Damned Egg.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-19 23:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Was a shout run on Phoenix a while ago; three gimps got a balt and kept trying to sell it for around 10mil~
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-05-19 23:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Was a shout run on Phoenix a while ago; three gimps got a balt and kept trying to sell it for around 10mil~

Being gimp gets you drops, and helps you win lots.

Its a proven fact. Show up in some gimp armor, fight gimp, be gimp, don't know where to go, what to fight, how to get there, bring no meds, no echo drops/etc.

You will absolutely win lot, or get the best item from the KSNM. GUARANTEED
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-05-19 23:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You have the best chance of getting BB items from the KS99's themselves and selling the pops for gil.

If you were after D.rings good luck with that, they just became extremely rare.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-19 23:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What are fair prices for the HQ kings? I mean if you run out of kindred's seals and at this time you can't trade them in, that kind of becomes your only option and I'm just curious what they're going for.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-19 23:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

Being gimp gets you drops, and helps you win lots.

Its a proven fact. Show up in some gimp armor, fight gimp, be gimp, don't know where to go, what to fight, how to get there, bring no meds, no echo drops/etc.

You will absolutely win lot, or get the best item from the KSNM. GUARANTEED

You have no idea! When I still played (recently quit lulz) one of those gimps teamed up with us for a Jorm run we were having fun with. He was on NIN in like, full pink and ***and he kept trying to tank against my vere MNK. Entire time he's standing out of range when jorm's on the ground then runs in (Without a resist set or anything I might add.) when jorm starts flying, and he says "he's tanking so we don't wipe" :( It was so sad knowing idiots like this get everything.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-05-20 03:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad i got my kings gear back in 2007 lol. bar d ring i got months ago.
 Asura.Xlide
user: Xlide
By Asura.Xlide 2011-05-20 03:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said:
Glad i got my kings gear back in 2007 lol. bar d ring i got months ago.
back when kings ment something. Shame SE screwed them up with the pop system.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-20 03:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

2/4 on KB pops personally. 0/2 on D ring. When we fought behemoth I just let bela (thf) solo it so she could have as much time as possible to proc TH. Maybe you're zerging it down too fast? No point in having anyone else except the THF meleeing it. I just stood in front/back so she could TA for TH proc.

With that said, I'm sure we've just been lucky with drops and now we won't get any drops for 5+ :|. Anyway, hope this helps.
By diddsey 2011-05-20 04:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

me and a friend when through this last night..ksmn x2 behemoth x2 and king B x1 ...no BB item and no D ring to be seen :( .duoed all on bst (well geared old skool bst's).for those looking to do this fight low man for 1st time behemoth is a joke,ksnm is a good match for bst duo and king B is the toughest and took some grinding down.g/l
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-05-27 09:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing this has already been established somewhere by someone since last week's version update, but just in case ...

Behemoth Tongue and the new Beastly Shank item can both drop from the same Themis Orb.
[+]
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2011-05-27 13:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Soverance said:
Crolion said:

Kindred's Seals have been able to be stored at the NPC for ages, long before Crests were released. The bigger question is why would anyone toss Seals when they take 0 inventory space.
K seal where here since level 50 cap and the storage npc only was introduced mid of ToAU upgrade.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2011-05-27 14:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When we do any hnms now we bring a truck load of thfs... even with TH11 the drop on the HQ is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, not only for behemoth but for all hnms (faffy being a douche 3/12, aspid being the biggest *** of them all with 1/14, and behemoth being a sweetheart 5/10)
By Quiznor 2011-05-27 15:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
You have the best chance of getting BB items from the KS99's themselves and selling the pops for gil.

If you were after D.rings good luck with that, they just became extremely rare.

lol...."just became extremely rare"

/priceless xD