Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ifrit » CoP help any one lend a hand
CoP help any one lend a hand
 Ifrit.Danzigg
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: dimebag2
By Ifrit.Danzigg 2009-03-28 08:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently on 2-5 and have been through like 3 permas.... this is frustrating i cant ever get enough ppl together or get atleast 1 person who knows wtf there doin. if u can lend a hand send me a message or PM me in the game
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-28 08:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SMNs are the key.

Problem is, you probably can't get 5 SMNs who need this mission also, so I would do what this site tells ya:

This site

Basically, whack it when its in mage mode or polearm mode, keep killing it, Zerg, and you should win easy.

Just never give up.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-28 09:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For all guides and info in this game I use wiki, but when it comes to CoP, Erecia's is the ultimate guide.

And for 2-5 specifically: Click here
 Ifrit.Danzigg
user: dimebag2
By Ifrit.Danzigg 2009-03-28 10:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks been really helpful i guess ill have to suck it up and run my own lol
 Fenrir.Omnitank
Server: Fenrir
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-28 11:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I completed the whole CoP story line with pick up parties.

I literally cried a few times.
 Ifrit.Itazura
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2009-04-02 04:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fought this many times, mostly without SMNs. Did so recently with this setup:

NIN/WAR (tank)
THF/NIN (main kiter)
NIN/RDM (DD, backup kiter)
MNK/WAR (DD)
BLM/WHM (DD, backup healer)
WHM/BLM (healer)

THF (with powder boots) kited two Mammets for as long as possible. NIN/RDM went out to take one Mammet when THF got in trouble. After the first Mammet went down, the party then proceeded to kill the one the THF was kiting, then the one NIN/RDM was kiting.

Wasn't smooth, but got it done. THF went down once while kiting (think kiting was pretty new experience for him), but RR'ed up and went back to help NIN/RDM kite. NIN/WAR also went down toward the end, but the critter was close enough to death that it was dispatched fairly easily.

The first big idea is to kill one Mammet ASAP. If you can do that, even if you wipe (outside of aggro range), you have a strong shot at winning the fight.

THF/NIN with powder boots and fully loaded with Hi/X-potions can last a long time against two Mammets. Longer the single kiter holds out against two Mammets, the better the chance to down that first Mammet since it's five to one.

The second bit idea is the build a flexible setup. Backup kiting option. Backup tanking option. Wipe and quickly Reraise and regroup option. Both physical and magical damage sources. Recover HP from meds and mages. MP items for when mana becomes low. Those are all good things.

NIN/RDM can contribute physical damage (katana + shuriken) or magic damage (via -ton wheel), making the physical/magical damage absorb a non-issue. NIN/RDM can also kite or solo (with meds) as needed, and is able toss out a few cures to others.

BLM/WHM also gives the party an additional magic damage source, plus able to contribute backup cures.

We were loaded with meds and supplies; Yellow Liquids, Hi-Potions, Hi-Ether, Yagudo Drinks, RRs before we left Tavnazian Safehold.

Then, I went over the battle plan in details outside of the BC, and made sure people understood the key points like form locking, damage type absorb, kiting main and backup plan. Even told them where to wipe if things go wrong.

Have a flexible setup and workable plan (don't count on being able to lock Mammet in the most desired forms--but do attempt it), make sure all members understand what's supposed to happen. Bring Reraise items. Do not get impatient before, during, or after a (failed) attempt.

My last two groups were both one for one on this fight, but my first group was one for four or something like that. (Some of the people I've done this with came with horror stories of 0/6 or worse. XD ) It may not seem easy at the moment, but this mission is no great obstacle for any group willing to work together and fight tenaciously.

Good luck.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-02 05:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Omnitank said:
I completed the whole CoP story line with pick up parties.

I literally cried a few times.

I did my whole CoP storyline with pickup parties

I never cried...

but it did take me 3 years to finish it....
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-02 06:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cop 2-5 Is hard, took me 3 trys, (Finnaly won with me on WHM... >.> )

Anyway, what i Had done, was.

Nin/war
Pld/War
rdm/whm x2
or
rdm/whm
Whm/blm
and 2 DD jobs, of any kind, Sam, Drg, or Mnk are best.
or if you want to play it safe 1 DD and 2 whm's :D
What you do is,

pull one Mob to the stairs, and an other to the entrance (Where you Chose to Escape, if you need to)

Have the nin tank one, and the pld tank an other one, if the nin is good, you wont have to worry about healing him/her, and can focus on the pld.

Have the rdm/whm kyte one of them, Bind kyteing i think, since Grav. is resisted, i beleave.

and have the DD job, kill off the monster that the Nin is fighting, keep both tanks hasted, ofcourse.

after the nins mob dies, assist the PLD, then once that one is dead, get the one that the Rdm is Kyteing.

-Sounds Chopy, but its how i won 1st time, and its how i've been winning-

Tacos for the tanks, Yag drinks for the PLD and Whm, Depending on the DD and there gear, you'll want attack or acc food. and the yellow liquids to lock them in place, Polearm is the easyest to handel.

Good luck. I hope this helps. like i said, it sounds Iffy, but~ It's how i win this easly ^_^
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-04-02 06:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD/BLU kited in the main room with RDM just healing him, while the other party pick them off 1 at a time (NIN,WHM,DRG,MNK)
Didn't use yellow liquids.

Edit: Keep the two groups seperate.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-02 08:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

3 NIN's 3 WHM's

Done this mission a million times with that setup.

NIN's solo 1 mammet each, WHM's keep them hasted and keeps the mamments silenced.

Yellow liquid when mammets is in their polearm form. Very easy battle this way.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [104 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Exzir
user: Exzir
By Ifrit.Exzir 2009-07-15 11:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW... Thisis the perfect Strat. Took a total of 7 Mins. Can been done in way less time with a brd over 2x whm. We had 2x whm over brd whm. Worked perfectly. WHM --> haste all Nin. Brd does Evasion and Attack.

4X NiN/DNC

2X NiN get middle mob.
1X NiN at the two ends.

WHM cures the NiN's if needed. BRD can /whm to aid in cure also. BRD needs to give whm ballad.

Once the 2x NiN kill middle they split up and kill off ends.

BRKING Yellow Liquids and lock in Poleare Mode.

I brought more than 6 for myself and i had used 3 by the time the 2x nins kilt the center so i had the 2 goto the other and i soloed the end to 27% and still had 1 yellow liquad left. once all 4 nns got on him he was down for the count.

Nin's save tp for cure unless you have 300% tp keep quick step up at all times.

WS @ 300% tp only.
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
Server: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2009-07-15 11:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Exzir said:
WOW... Thisis the perfect Strat. Took a total of 7 Mins. Can been done in way less time with a brd over 2x whm. We had 2x whm over brd whm. Worked perfectly. WHM --> haste all Nin. Brd does Evasion and Attack.

4X NiN/DNC

2X NiN get middle mob.
1X NiN at the two ends.

WHM cures the NiN's if needed. BRD can /whm to aid in cure also. BRD needs to give whm ballad.

I brought more than 6 for myself and i had used 3 by the time the 2x nins kilt the center so i had the 2 goto the other and i soloed the end to 27% and still had 1 yellow liquad left. once all 4 nns got on him he was down for the count.

WS @ 300% tp only.

Thank you, that was so worth necroing for.

Also... What's"liquad"?
 Shiva.Ragnell
Server: Shiva
user: Ragnell
By Shiva.Ragnell 2009-07-15 11:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Exzir said:

4X NiN/DNC

2X NiN get middle mob.
1X NiN at the two ends.

WS @ 300% tp only.

So much spelling erros so little time
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [222 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Redbully
user: reedith
By Ifrit.Redbully 2010-02-22 04:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I am on COP2.5 and have been for months.

I have SMN75, RDM75 and SAM73. Let me know if wanna get something organized.

Peace

Red