Just Got A Warning That A File Was Attempting To D/l To My Pc...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Just got a warning that a file was attempting to d/l to my pc...
Just got a warning that a file was attempting to d/l to my pc...
 Carbuncle.Mandze
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Mandze
By Carbuncle.Mandze 2008-03-12 15:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Accessed http: //****www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15283&stack=0&sid=6 (broke the link so people wouldn't misclick, just in case there is something odd there), and my security settings wouldn't allow it to load, claiming that there was a file attempting to download. As I haven't ever had any security warnings pop up on this site before, I thought I ought to mention it.
 Ramuh.Rikapi
Premium
Server: Ramuh
user: Rikapi
By Ramuh.Rikapi 2008-03-12 16:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this is yet again a bad ad, and therefore should be reported to the site admins as per the Reporting Advertisements guidelines (this is a sticky in the General forum).
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-12 16:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This means our ad network is hosting a bad ad. If you report it to us the way Rikapi said we can block it.
 Carbuncle.Mandze
Server: Carbuncle
user: Mandze
By Carbuncle.Mandze 2008-03-12 17:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah okay-- I had my security settings fairly high, so I didn't actually see the ad at all-- got paranoid and shut my browser as quickly as it came up. I'll make sure to get the source code the next time. :)
 Remora.Mierin
Server: Remora
user: Mierin
By Remora.Mierin 2008-03-17 09:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There was an iframe in the upper left corner shown as a small black dot, which was just removed.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-17 11:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reports guys. We're doing our best to make sure nobody gets hit with something questionable from our ads. You may have noticed we've gone from using Google ads on every frame to a more reputable, "quality" ad network. This gives us a little more control over which ads get displayed on our site. Our eventual goal is to make the site self-sufficient without needing to permit any ads regarding RMT or similar, but it's a slow process so they still do exist. Any questionable ads asking to download anything though, please report it to us and we'll squash it as ruthlessly as we can.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-17 20:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The iframe issue should be gone.
 Kujata.Linliel
Server: Kujata
user: Linliel
By Kujata.Linliel 2008-03-17 22:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the iframes being loaded as part of the ads or being hacked into the webpage somehow? It sucks that it keeps happening >_<