Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Bazaars
Bazaars
 Kujata.Kenada
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Kenada
By Kujata.Kenada 2008-03-11 14:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think this is possible, but worth a mention (sorry if this was mentioned previously), but I would like to see a system that once a person puts up an item for sale in a bazaar, it'll show up somewhere in this site. Just would make it easier to find items instead of going through (eg. on Kujata) Rolanberry Fields and checking 30 + bazaars for items you may or may not need.

I know that theres a Bazaar Wanted / FS list but it seems that no one really utilizes it. There's probably gonna be an influx of 99999999999999 gil items for sale (which I never understood why players do this) but I still think an automated bazaar list would be helpful, esp. for items that cannot be sold on the AH.
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2008-03-11 14:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume there are a few technical limitations to automatically scanning users Bazaar items. Since Bazaar information doesn't have a central location in Final Fantasy XI (unlike the Auction House), there would be few reliable ways for this data to be captured.

I agree with you Kenada. Its frustrating trying to track down non-AH items in bazaars. I think the existing system is about the closest we'll see, barring some major changes to Final Fantasy itself.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-11 16:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This would require us to actively snoop users' game sessions and report that information back to our servers somehow. I really doubt the FF community would be comfortable with handing over their account security to us.
 Kujata.Kenada
Server: Kujata
user: Kenada
By Kujata.Kenada 2008-03-12 07:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, well I knew it would be a long shot and worth a mention. Thanks for the response though.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-03-12 14:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If it was possible, I bet you'd see a whole lot of egregiously overpriced chocolate.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-03-13 11:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Claquesous said:
If it was possible, I bet you'd see a whole lot of egregiously overpriced chocolate.

LOL!