Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-29 12:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Fenrir.Viperouskaos said:
So I asked for %'age on the added affect on Oirandori and everyone that don't have either Kannagi or Oirandori is jumping in here talking ***that's funny If your willing to give input then do so if not then you STFU!

What does having a Kannagi have to do with anything about Oirandori? It was already said the proc rate was 10~20%. You also said that Oirandori *WINS* for you, as your offhand weapon, which isn't true. It may be in your mind but it's not, infact, it's doing little to nothing for you in terms of an off-hand weapon where Kamome was stated is obviously better for you to use. Then you went on to say "It works better for me and my party" Which isn't true, at all. We're giving input based on what you said in the OP, you just don't want to hear it.

Input or trying to convince him how to play NIN like everyone else?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 12:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
So I asked for %'age on the added affect on Oirandori and everyone that don't have either Kannagi or Oirandori is jumping in here talking ***that's funny If your willing to give input then do so if not then you STFU!

What does having a Kannagi have to do with anything about Oirandori? It was already said the proc rate was 10~20%. You also said that Oirandori *WINS* for you, as your offhand weapon, which isn't true. It may be in your mind but it's not, infact, it's doing little to nothing for you in terms of an off-hand weapon where Kamome was stated is obviously better for you to use. Then you went on to say "It works better for me and my party" Which isn't true, at all. We're giving input based on what you said in the OP, you just don't want to hear it.

Input or trying to convince him how to play NIN like everyone else?

Both, I guess. Why would you want to gimp yourself willingly when there are better options out there? That's like me switching to afflictors instead of using my Vere on MNK. It's stupid and pointless.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-04-29 12:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Kannagi (not that it's much of an accomplishment these days) and I think you're a retard. Offhand your gimp Katana all you like, won't change the fact that there's a more easily obtainable and better one out there.
[+]
By Wombat 2011-04-29 12:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:
I don't have Kannagi, which has nothing to do with this *** that you are asking about Oirandori, and yes I have a character with this *** katana. You are a dipshit and another band *** wagon NIN that picked the easiest *** emp to get, here let me go triobox my own Kannagi in a week and I'll be super *** cool like you. Everybody in this damn thread has already pointed out this katana is situational and if you are poor or doing things solo you might benefit from it.
Dude... chill.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-29 12:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone even parsed if this additional effect even increases your crit rate? I was under the impression that "Crit. hit evasion" is the stat which is modified by attacker's dex vs. defender's agi, meaning that if you already have capped ddex, the additional effect will do nothing (in abyssea, you will have capped ddex with RR on). Eyeballing is not parsing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-04-29 12:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
I have a Kannagi (not that it's much of an accomplishment these days) and I think you're a retard. Offhand your gimp Katana all you like, won't change the fact that there's a more easily obtainable and better one out there.

Whats funny about that is he said he has Kamome, so its not like he even has to go out of his way to get another katana.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 12:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:
I don't have Kannagi, which has nothing to do with this *** that you are asking about Oirandori, and yes I have a character with this *** katana. You are a dipshit and another band *** wagon NIN that picked the easiest *** emp to get, here let me go triobox my own Kannagi in a week and I'll be super *** cool like you. Everybody in this damn thread has already pointed out this katana is situational and if you are poor or doing things solo you might benefit from it.
I am gonna take this another route so you have Oirandori " on another character" how do you like it? And what would you say to those that want it?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-04-29 12:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual wield Kannagis
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 13:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Has anyone even parsed if this additional effect even increases your crit rate? I was under the impression that "Crit. hit evasion" is the stat which is modified by attacker's dex vs. defender's agi, meaning that if you already have capped ddex, the additional effect will do nothing (in abyssea, you will have capped ddex with RR on). Eyeballing is not parsing.
From toyig with Oirandori it Proc's like a Holy bolt or Acid bolt so to speak so when proc'd I Crit EVERY hit until mob dies it's pretty awsome to see so many crits in such little time.
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-04-29 13:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oirandori loses to kamome atm. It's a nice gimmick katana if you feel the need to save tools(which are cheap who cares) your crit rate is going to be capped or near capped so the increase in crit dmg will win. Outside of abyssea Oirandori may come ahead, the decrease in crit evasion on a mob outside will probably be less effective because your crit rate won't be 80%ish.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 13:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
From toyig with Oirandori it Proc's like a Holy bolt or Acid bolt so to speak so when proc'd I Crit EVERY hit until mob dies it's pretty awsome to see so many crits in such little time.

I'll bite. In abyssea or outside of abyssea.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 13:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Dual wield Kannagis
Mtmoogle Wsup Buddy!^^
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-04-29 13:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Dual wield Kannagis
Mtmoogle Wsup Buddy!^^
forcing ppl to get me fudo Homework
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 13:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
Oirandori loses to kamome atm. It's a nice gimmick katana if you feel the need to save tools(which are cheap who cares) your crit rate is going to be capped or near capped so the increase in crit dmg will win. Outside of abyssea Oirandori may come ahead, the decrease in crit evasion on a mob outside will probably be less effective because your crit rate won't be 80%ish.
You make a very good point I will try outside Abyssea and see what Proc and Crits look like. You think SE made the NTE cause that took away our Koga Tekko and replaced them with Iga Tekko+2?
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 13:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Dual wield Kannagis
Mtmoogle Wsup Buddy!^^
forcing ppl to get me fudo Homework
LoL
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-29 13:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:

edit: I don't know if I'm right, which is why I'm asking for a parse. If there isn't a parse, I will find some time to do it myself.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 13:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The higher an attacker's DEX, the greater their Critical Hit Rate against an opponent is. The higher a defender's AGI, the less likely they are to have critical hits scored against them.

From wiki, so I THINK it's safe to assume it's Attacker's DEX vs. Defender's AGI, like always
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-29 13:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
The higher an attacker's DEX, the greater their Critical Hit Rate against an opponent is. The higher a defender's AGI, the less likely they are to have critical hits scored against them.

From wiki, so I THINK it's safe to assume it's Attacker's DEX vs. Defender's AGI, like always

Yes, but Critical hit rate comes two forms. Dex vs. Crit hit evasion (Agi) which caps at 20% (or was it 15%?), and straight up Critical Hit rate +x% which does exactly what its name implies.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 13:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

edit: I don't know if I'm right, which is why I'm asking for a parse. If there isn't a parse, I will find some time to do it myself.
No I'm sorry I misunderstood I have no parse data structure not many of these have been obtained that's why I am asking about it there is nothing on net or wikki explaning this information I check my self that's the purpose of the thread. I am doing still doing "homework" on this.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-29 13:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

No I'm sorry I misunderstood I have no parse data structure not many of these have been obtained that's why I am asking about it there is nothing on net or wikki explaning this information I check my self that's the purpose of the thread. I am doing still doing "homework" on this.

I'll do a quick test after I eat lunch to see whether or not it gives you 100% crit rate when procced or not. Assuming it does not, I will test to see if it adds crit rate even when ddex is capped.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 13:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

Yes, but Critical hit rate comes two forms. Dex vs. Crit hit evasion (Agi) which caps at 20% (or was it 15%?), and straight up Critical Hit rate +x% which does exactly what its name implies.

Yeah, it caps at 20% (Dex Vs. Eva (AGI) etc)
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 13:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:

Agreed indeed I think the defender's VIT is also a factor I may be wrong but I can easily look it up and post the fact if necessary ^^
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-29 13:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:

Agreed indeed I think the defender's VIT is also a factor I may be wrong but I can easily look it up and post the fact if necessary ^^

Vit currently does not effect critical hits, but it has been announced that vit will lower crit hit damage after a future update.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 13:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:

That's not implimented yet, VIT will only affect damage taken from critical hits, not the rate of t hem
 Caitsith.Crunkie
Server: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-29 13:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:
I am gonna take this another route so you have Oirandori " on another character" how do you like it? And what would you say to those that want it?

I said in my first post, since I do not have a Kannagi at the time being, working on something a bit more useful for me and my linkshell(Great Axe) I use this for a mainhand katana and off hand my Kamome. The low delay is nice along with Kamome and the NTE is a bonus. I do not care for the crit evasion down inside abyssea it really has little if any use to me. Outside I cannot say. If you are going for Kannagi great, look past this katana as it is not the easiest to obtain being a less than desirable NM to fight and there are other better more useful offhand katanas to use with Kannagi.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 13:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

@Uzu and Kirana my bad about the VIT just read on it - STR is vs VIT ad DEX s AGI Could that explain the DEX5 on Oirandori? Maybe Dex increases that accuracy of procing the Aditional affect?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 13:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

@Uzu and Kirana my bad about the VIT just read on it - STR is vs VIT ad DEX s AGI Could that explain the DEX5 on Oirandori? Maybe Dex increases that accuracy of procing the Aditional affect?

I've never heard of anything helping the accuracy of addiatonall effects on weapons.