Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Bugbear Strongman
Bugbear Strongman
By Evangelist 2011-04-08 04:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

im doing magian trial im not real clear on his pop conditions is says on wiki "If facing south the one on your left is the ph, the one on your right is another ph" .............. there is 3 bondman in the area wtf? Lol 4 hours no spawn (not a very good first camp)
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-04-08 04:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The NM has a very odd and large spawn window. He can spawn back to back or he can take up to like 9 to 12 hours to spawn.
 Diabolos.Neclord
Server: Diabolos
user: Neclord
By Diabolos.Neclord 2011-04-08 04:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yea it has the craziest spawn times it can also pop within 5 mins of last killed, got lucky for last 2 kills on it.
By Evangelist 2011-04-08 04:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

and i thought the bats were bad in rolanberry fields.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-04-08 04:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just kill wherever there's two of them, because there's one at each end and one that spawns at either end. The one that spawns in either location is the placeholder and the one you need to kill, and he is always standing in the same position, left or right, in either spawn location.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-04-08 04:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I remember doing him for my scythe trial I believe it was. He spawned back to back for my second and third kills then about 3 hours later for my last kill.
By Evangelist 2011-04-08 04:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Just kill wherever there's two of them, because there's one at each end and one that spawns at either end. The one that spawns in either location is the placeholder and the one you need to kill, and he is always standing in the same position, left or right, in either spawn location.

when i arrived here this evening there was 2 spawning at the west side. After i killed them all 2 or 3 times 2 began spawning below at the east. ?? why would it change like that
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-08 04:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Evangelist said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:

when i arrived here this evening there was 2 spawning at the west side. After i killed them all 2 or 3 times 2 began spawning below at the east. ?? why would it change like that
There are 2 spots he can spawn at, the same goes for the PH, on both sides there will be 1 Bugbear that isn't a PH, when there's 2, one of them is the PH. On one side he will be the one on your right, and at the other he will be the one on the left.

It's easier to just kill all 3, gives you something to do anyways. The PH will jump around between those 2 spots though. As for why, who knows. I usually got him to pop every 2 hours..
[+]
By Evangelist 2011-04-08 04:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ok just after i killed it the first times it switched to the bottom then never spawned again at the top. finally got the claim and kill just now about 5 hours later
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-04-08 04:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh, *** *** NM. He can be his own PH or take over 12 hours to repop. I got lucky on him, popped between 45mins-2hours every time.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 14:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

First time was 18 hours of non stop camping for me... luckily since there are technically 2 there the very next spawn was another lol.
 Caitsith.Azryel
Server: Caitsith
user: Azryel
By Caitsith.Azryel 2011-04-08 15:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Over the course of several days it took me a combined 20 hours or so to get all 4 pops on Bugbear... I'm presently 2/4 on Hovering Hotpot, which is also being stingy at the moment... Thankfully VNMs are fast if you have a good group.

But for Bugbear my first pop was about 4 hours, then logged after 2 more hours of PH killing... second and third pops occurred within about 3 hours of each other the next day (that was nice)... Went 9 hours with no pop for 4th, got pissed and logged... Finally popped within about an hour or so the very next day to complete the trial. La Velue is a very nice change of pace after the Bugbear trial... Le Velue popped very quickly and consistently all 4 times for me.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 18:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I might add I've done this twice... once for bedlam than arma. And 2nd time was much better. Think 6 hours or so was the longest and both times 16 min later was the other. Plus someone else was there so took turns watching it... I actually recently found the NM just standing around with no one there while I was walking thru
 Caitsith.Azryel
Server: Caitsith
user: Azryel
By Caitsith.Azryel 2011-04-08 20:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just like to point out that Hovering Hotpot finally just popped for the first time after over 7 hours of killing PH... Have fun when you get to that one... @ 3/4 at the moment @.@;
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-08 20:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if this is going to HH, just be warned, 2 75 BSTs will have a hell of a *** time doing it.. If you're extremely careful, shouldn't be too much of a problem, but get both pets dead at the same time, or eat a AoE, it sucks.