Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Caller's Doublet +1 vs. AF2/RoyalRedingote
Caller's Doublet +1 vs. AF2/RoyalRedingote
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2011-04-06 16:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How does the Caller's Doublet +1 compare to the damage of the Summoner's Doublet for physical BPs, or Royal Redingote for magical BP?

I just got the Caller's Doublet +1, and I'm told that +2>AF2 and Redingote, but I am unsure of the +1.. So for now, I just put the Redingote and AF2 body in storage on Summoner for the extra inventory space..

Shouldn't take long to get Caller's Doublet +2; a day of shouting for Bennu tomorrow should get me it
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-04-07 10:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming you went Pet: M.Acc/MAB+7 for Royal Redingote. If so, Caller's+1 beats it. Here's why: Caller's+1 adds 5% damage to your BPs. Royal Redingote adds MAB+7, but the avatar already has MAB+40 natively. So MAB+7 is really a 147/140 = 1.05 or 5% increase. They are exactly the same. If you have ANY other Pet:MAB gear like Tiresias' Cape, Caller's Sash, Eidolon Pendant, or any merits in avatar:MAB, then the Caller's +5% will actually do MORE than the MAB+7. And the Pet:M.Acc+7 well let's face it, avatar's don't really need magic acc.

As far as physical BPs, that one's harder because crit rate is so important. I continued using my Summoner's Doublet until I got the +2 doublet. Now my Summoner's Doublet is in storage. :( It made me sad to put it away.
[+]
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-07 10:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I would agree with Pergatory. I would say that +2 > Redingote for sure and even +1 > Redingote (as said above). I have all of the +2 mats for the doublet but I dont have the seals yet ><; Having a life can be hard on the game sometimes, haha
 Valefor.Lisamarie
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2011-04-07 11:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 2/9 of the +2 doublet, I just had a bennu shout group today that was such a massive failure.

And for my avatar MAB: I have soulscourge (working on shareera), eidolon, mab+2 diamond, caller's sash, and tiresias' cape. Time to repurpose redingote elsewhere.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-04-08 18:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

A good way to finish the +2 body is by camping Fuath. I camped her with a friend for about 3 hours one day and got 12 coins of ardor. My friend got 9 jewels, too. It's a very easy fight.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2011-04-08 20:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM+NIN okay enough for Fuath?
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-04-08 23:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. Always interested in anything SMN!!
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-08 23:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lisamarie said:
WHM+NIN okay enough for Fuath?

Yea, if you both know what you're doing.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-04-11 11:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that's what I used WHM+NIN (and the NIN was dual-boxing a BLM for triggers). Just be aware that she has en-silence, so if the NIN gets hit the WHM basically needs to spam Silena until the NIN gets shadows up again. That's the only real danger.