Aion Vs. FFXI
First Page 2
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-19 03:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How many are gonna try Aion when it comes out for USA?

For those hard core gamers who have Japanese game. How is it? You still gonna play FFXI after trying it out?
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-19 03:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.aiononline.com/us/

Aion website.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-03-19 03:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kindle said:
http://www.aiononline.com/us/

Aion website.

Seen it. Sure is very pretty! But my heart is set on The Old Republic soon as its released. I know the graphics will not compare to Aion but its stylized, you get what you get lol. I'm just a hard core Star Wars nerd.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-03-19 04:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

NCSoft are the minds behind City of Heroes, Lineage, and Guild Wars. That lineup alone makes me skeptical.
 Cerberus.Saiya
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-19 04:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tary!!!!!! XD <333333333

And Guild Wars was a fairly decent game in it's own right. I wouldn't sell Aion short, i'll at least be looking into it ^^
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-03-19 05:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not enjoy Guild Wars. The only thing it got going for them was it's free.

I'll check Aion out when there's a trial, even if it is in 5 years.
 Leviathan.Angish
Server: Leviathan
user: Angish
By Leviathan.Angish 2009-03-19 07:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been waiting for Aion for quiet a while now, been watching the previews and everything, calls my attention. Not because of the graphics even though; Let me point out that they look really good but, the previews have shown that it might have a really good story to go with.

Aion doesn't have a trial?
That would be kind of sad if it doesn't.
[+]
 Cerberus.Saiya
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-19 09:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

; ; No acknowledgement from Tary ,_,

Praefectus Castrorum... does that title mean you're the head de-manner of men? O_o
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-03-19 09:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya my <3

Rough night dude, didn't even realize it was you who posted.
 Fenrir.Carth
Server: Fenrir
user: Carth
By Fenrir.Carth 2009-03-19 09:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Aion's been on my list for quite awhile. I want to try it out for a week or so before making my decision on it. While it has a good story, I do want to know if it has enough depth like FFXI to keep me interested.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-20 00:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kindle said:
How many are gonna try Aion when it comes out for USA?

For those hard core gamers who have Japanese game. How is it? You still gonna play FFXI after trying it out?

Aion's a korean game...
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-20 00:59:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Looks fun, but nothing to write home about. When it comes to MMOs I rather stick to one until it's content runs dry or I feel I've had a good enough run to move onto the next one. There's still alot I wish to do and accomplish in XI still so I won't be leaving anytime soon.

I'm not gonna abandon what I have familiarized and enjoyed playing for 6 years for something that looks like WoW with a fresh coat of paint.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2009-03-20 01:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad people are finally starting to notice this game since NCsoft is taking their sweet *** time trying to westernize the game before publicizing/advertising it overseas.

Another good site to look at:

www.aionsource.com
[+]
 Asura.Kyjelly
Server: Asura
user: Kyjelly
By Asura.Kyjelly 2009-03-20 01:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i may try it on a free trial to get a feel for it but i'm very skeptical.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

It looks pretty, but I'm better off sticking to one game. ; ;
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-03-20 02:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Aion looks really amazing but it's hard to say if I'd switch just based on some vids I've seen. Don't know if the game will catch on- like you know a FF game, or other popular title (idk.. like Counter-Strike Source when it was released vs the original) would, for example.. so wouldn't want to just blindly leave FF for it. Also, don't really have a reason to.. all my friends are playing FF and that's why I still play- hate to just up and leave them. Once they start to switch and move on then I probably would too.. but I don't really care about playing 'the next best thing.'
[+]
 Siren.Vagustae
Server: Siren
user: VaguStae
By Siren.Vagustae 2009-03-20 04:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to try it out, but I'd have to get another PC if I really wanted to. Haha.
[+]
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-20 04:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

From youtube videos the graphic (while playing) remind me of WoW ;;
 Bahamut.Jhi
user: Jhi
By Bahamut.Jhi 2009-03-20 05:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks interesting, but as it's been pointed out it looks like WoW with a fresh coat of paint. None of the videos show anything about controls or interface, and the story is only slightly hinted at. There's probably more information out there, but I'll just wait and see what happens... nothing wrong with XI in the meantime.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [223 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Tulnig
Server: Ifrit
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2009-10-29 14:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Could some that has played this write a comparison between FFXI and Aion? It would be interesting to read.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-11-06 08:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Tulnig said:
Could some that has played this write a comparison between FFXI and Aion? It would be interesting to read.

Most I heard about Aion was it was like WoW more than like FFXI
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-06 08:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Tulnig said:
Here's an idea... You play it, then give us the comparison. :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Oblivion
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2009-11-07 06:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Aion isn't that bad. It doesn't sugarcoat the fact that you have to grind through the levels, but I don't see it as anything much worse than what FFXI requires of you, except there's ganking, not pvp, just mostly ganking.

The first 25 levels are pretty much like what would happen if you crossed FFXI with WoW, after that ~ it's more of just a generic grindy MMO, with pretty graphics. Again, I'm not saying it's any worse or better than FFXI, it's all a matter of personal preference, but I'm sure a good number of you would like Aion.

I'm still subbed to it, giving it a few months for them to straighten out the launch issues, implement features they have in the pipeline, and other stuff, then I'll decide if I'll stick around, or not.

...but ultimately, Aion and FFXI are just mmos I'm wasting time on until FFXIV is released.
[+]
 Ramuh.Whypaul
Server: Ramuh
user: whypaul
By Ramuh.Whypaul 2009-11-07 08:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I play aion on the EU servers, and to be perfectly honest i dont see this FFXI crossed with WoW connection people keep saying it is. There isn't much of FFXI that i see in Aion at all, apart from the potential to break synths.

Aion is prodominatly a group PvPvE game from what i can gather 50% of the game is pretty much played out in the abyss where the Alyos and Asmodians collide with the NPC balour to mix things up. The game i've been told is slower than WoW (never played wow) but from my perspective its alot quicker than FFXI. Where as FFXI can be closely reguarding to still have that sense of turn based combat in it. Aion is very free to abilities you use because you an awful lot of them.

The game in itself isn't bad but in my opinion if u like ffxi i cant see you enjoying aion as much. I wouldn't go as far as saying i "enjoy" playing aion just something that passes the time.

There are a few things that really annoy me, the main one however is buying gear... it becomes 'soul bound' to your character upon equipping it, which means it cannot be resold which essentially means that money (kinah) that you invested in that gear is then lost, although u can de-enchant gear to get a stone from it to sell, the majority of the time it doesn't cover costs.

Oh yeah and people that complain about RMT on ffxi really need to open up to the fact that ffxi's rmt problem is nothing in comparison to aion. While connected i average about 1 message every 2 minutes. Be it through chat channels (there is various ones) whispers, mail, they even set up private stores (bazaar) and make their selling point the web adress to their site. RMT issues on that game are rediculas. OH yeah and GM's have 'working' hours 9-5. Outside of those hours there is no GM's on duty so its pretty much fair game.
[+]
 Caitsith.Angelofwrath
Server: Caitsith
user: Kawanight
By Caitsith.Angelofwrath 2009-11-07 09:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Oblivion said:

...but ultimately, Aion and FFXI are just mmos I'm wasting time on until FFXIV is released.

^
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
By KindredAnna 2010-01-07 01:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

hey, pal! Check www.goldyeah.com out, they're selling game golds with lowest price!
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2010-01-07 01:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

KindredAnna said:
hey, pal! Check www.goldyeah.com out, they're selling game golds with lowest price!

oh ehm gee.. it's happening!!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-01-07 02:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Aion just looked like WoW with wings for me. Maybe its just me but the fighting style it follows just kinda looks like the constant overkill omgwtfboom button-smashing style that most MMOs nowadays absorb to keep people interested. Not that its a bad thing, but combined with the overkill omgwtfarmor it can be a little obnoxious.

On the brighter side, I love how much you can customize the characters and that the game did go for a more realistic character appearance as opposed to the harsh and overly dramatic facial and body features many games offer. Their selling point when they came out was that everyone has wings and can fly/have mid-air battles. Although I don't know if the flying thing is really that amazing, I do think that air battles would be extremely fun.

Also, necrobump rad to the power of max. buy teh lolgold.
 Fairy.Shirahime
Server: Fairy
user: Chobit
By Fairy.Shirahime 2010-01-07 03:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

^ this

nothing new came from Aion. It looks nice but that's all...
 Asura.Humtum
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-07 05:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Aion just looked like WoW with wings for me. Maybe its just me but the fighting style it follows just kinda looks like the constant overkill omgwtfboom button-smashing style that most MMOs nowadays absorb to keep people interested. Not that its a bad thing, but combined with the overkill omgwtfarmor it can be a little obnoxious.

On the brighter side, I love how much you can customize the characters and that the game did go for a more realistic character appearance as opposed to the harsh and overly dramatic facial and body features many games offer. Their selling point when they came out was that everyone has wings and can fly/have mid-air battles. Although I don't know if the flying thing is really that amazing, I do think that air battles would be extremely fun.

Also, necrobump rad to the power of max. buy teh lolgold.

i agree, It was to much like WoW for me besides flying,human and crazy server rubber banding
[+]
First Page 2