Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Wafflechan said:
I'll take it with a grain of salt, and check my numbers when the servers come back up. My ws set (interchangeable with zmail): (LS working on upgrading when we get back too, want to get rid of that stupid fowling earring, and possibly cape for atheling.)
Have no sea yet? =o
Rajas = sea access :D. But no, ABCs are hard to find on my server for some reason o_O. Limbus parties, even harder.
Ah right, stupid me! xD
But yea, it's the other side of the medal, so to speak. Old content has dried out. :/
At least you have a good about the gear set, even if not having the best gear available, yet! That's still a lot worht it. =P
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 13:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I move away from the belt, and pick up one of the 'sea' ones in heroes areas? I have ~861 atk with this set with temps.
 Bahamut.Phix
Server: Bahamut
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-24 13:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And more often than not as i said i will use zahaks inside abys
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there is much of a difference between ele belt and warwolf either, except for the acc aspect.
I put another set together with some more att. Don't have the items yet but anyway.. xD

Discuss!
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-03-24 13:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This is mine, but really pretty much what they said. Heca+1 will out do all else for Drakesbane
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-24 13:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, your DDex crit rate will cap but that doesnt mean your overall crit rate caps. It's easy to test yourself. Throw on GH and RR and you already easily crit more than half the time.

Zahak's >>>

Also, your point about ddex also means that the +4 str/dex on body will have less effect for ws as well (being that you should be able worry less about fSTR/dDex/ and attack v. defense etc). On top of that, Crit can affect your ws in this case (drakesbane). More crit is always good for crit based ws (especially multihit). Thats exponentially more chances for your 3% to make a difference. Especially when youre stacking crit.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 13:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there is much of a difference between ele belt and warwolf either, except for the acc aspect. I put another set together with some more att. Don't have the items yet but anyway.. xD Discuss!
drg cant use centaurus >.>.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:

And more often than not as i said i will use zahaks inside abys
Pixie earring?
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
I don't think there is much of a difference between ele belt and warwolf either, except for the acc aspect. I put another set together with some more att. Don't have the items yet but anyway.. xD Discuss!
drg cant use centaurus >.>.
Meh, too hasty... Thanks lol
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-24 13:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there is much of a difference between ele belt and warwolf either, except for the acc aspect.
I put another set together with some more att. Don't have the items yet but anyway.. xD

Discuss!
Check the earring .. thats really starting to get on my *** ...
But solid other wise
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-24 13:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
This is mine, but really pretty much what they said. Heca+1 will out do all else for Drakesbane

WHERES YOUR BILLION DOLLAR ZAHAKS!!!???????
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-24 13:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

And yes i use pixie for drakes lol
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-24 13:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

:x Gathering dust. I refuse to sell. However, im gunna poke aruond and see what its like against Ares outside of abyssea now. I have a feeling im better using Zmail outside.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-24 14:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming capped Ddex RR scorpion queen and crit hit merits your base crit hit rate should be ~ 64%. So even at 100% tp assuming you are capped pdif pdif 3% crit rate is 1.1% increase in dmg. Sure that will win in that situation. But then that's like perfect conditions for it. What if you overflowed tp? What if you weren't capped pdif (you probably aren't) what if you ws in 10 store tp lets you make other choices like getting rid of that goddamn rajas in your ws set. Maybe help you chose another atma. Like one that gives 20% instead of just 10% crit rate. Or a str one or triple attack etc
[+]
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-24 14:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

:x Gathering dust. I refuse to sell. However, im gunna poke aruond and see what its like against Ares outside of abyssea now. I have a feeling im better using Zmail outside.
Well >.> only eyeballing it looked to me that atm it is /; from recent events in sea on av and such
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-24 14:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

Well >.> only eyeballing it looked to me that atm it is /; from recent events in sea on av and such
Wut? lol what you said made no sense to me :O
EDIT: Nvm, think i get it XD lol
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 14:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

HERE
God, old image makes my eyes burn, damn noob drg.
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-24 14:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That Zahaks is better outside abys lol (i should stop smoking and posting ; ; )
EDIT The perle burns my eyes D:
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-24 14:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:
lol aye, i was thinking it would be. that 3% crit is alot to pass up. What I really need is a twilight helm.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-24 14:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
More crit is always good for crit based ws (especially multihit). Thats exponentially more chances for your 3% to make a difference. Especially when youre stacking crit.
Some conceptual errors here. Crit rate isn't any better for a multi hit ws than a single hit. It is just alot more noticable when you do and don't. It still averages out in the end. And stacking crit has decreasing gains. Also higher pdifs devalue it too. So when you argue the whole capped pdif or close to capped as a reason not to use some str/att peice remember it also devalued your crit rate too
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-24 14:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Bahamut.Phix said:
lol aye, i was thinking it would be. that 3% crit is alot to pass up. What I really need is a twilight helm.
But! we can hope that salvage gear gets an update and i may finish the set if its good :D
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 14:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Assuming capped Ddex RR scorpion queen and crit hit merits your base crit hit rate should be ~ 64%. So even at 100% tp assuming you are capped pdif pdif 3% crit rate is 1.1% increase in dmg. Sure that will win in that situation. But then that's like perfect conditions for it. What if you overflowed tp? What if you weren't capped pdif (you probably aren't) what if you ws in 10 store tp lets you make other choices like getting rid of that goddamn rajas in your ws set. Maybe help you chose another atma. Like one that gives 20% instead of just 10% crit rate. Or a str one or triple attack etc
You have good points there! I think, what it comes down to as for what body to take: it's just really optional, situational.
None of them will be ridiculous nor will one be amazingly awesome in all situations.
Generally, you can go with whatever you have access to and what you like or have to use even. Taking x-hit builds, need of acc/att etc.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 14:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:
That Zahaks is better outside abys lol (i should stop smoking and posting ; ; ) EDIT The perle burns my eyes D:
I was excited to have 90 drg, and the fact some quitting dude gave me 1.285m gil. Burnt 1m of it on zmail >.>
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-24 14:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Rawr.

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/28236
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-24 14:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

*** ouch lol i got mine from the worm bc ><
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 14:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
More crit is always good for crit based ws (especially multihit). Thats exponentially more chances for your 3% to make a difference. Especially when youre stacking crit.
Some conceptual errors here. Crit rate isn't any better for a multi hit ws than a single hit. It is just alot more noticable when you do and don't. It still averages out in the end. And stacking crit has decreasing gains. Also higher pdifs devalue it too. So when you argue the whole capped pdif or close to capped as a reason not to use some str/att peice remember it also devalued your crit rate too
Thanks for shedding some light on that, I had my curiosity piqued when people were just saying 'zmail destroys af body' in some other threads.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-24 14:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though people need to stop wsing in rajas in abyssea unless it is a dex modded ws. Even then it's iffy
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 14:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch! ><
That's another reason why I just go with what I have.. I just can't be arsed to pay this much gil for so little improvenment, if an improvement at all.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 14:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Seriously though people need to stop wsing in rajas in abyssea unless it is a dex modded ws.
Or needed for x-hit. :x

EDIT: I wouldn't judge ppl for that doing so anyway, it's the same like using ethereal instead of a different att earring or bushi instead of something else, only for a very small increase in dmg. I think it's okay to just use what you already have instead of getting ever single item that gives you 1-2 more stats.. It won't make do 20k more dmg. >_>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-24 14:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Seriously though people need to stop wsing in rajas in abyssea unless it is a dex modded ws.
But... the Stp!