Pokemon City

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokemon City
Pokemon City
First Page 2 3 ... 224 225
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31494
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-11-18 19:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
YouTube Video Placeholder


Probably the best Gym music in any Pokemon game.
 Asura.Shiraj
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
Posts: 663
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-18 20:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Someone with Pokemon Shield wanna help fill out the pokedex together?
I'm at 280 caught and 350 seen. Missing some from Shield exclusive only. Also I can breed Sobble if thats how you spell it, the water type starter in need of other 2.
 Caitsith.Shiroi
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Shiroi
Posts: 6354
By Caitsith.Shiroi 2019-11-19 14:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I've read a lot of complaints about how the game is too easy, but honestly, on a casual playthrough it seems to be quite appropriate overall.
 Odin.Creaucent
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
Posts: 893
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-11-19 16:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ramuh.Austar said: »
all your good attacks are special attack, so special + and def -, which would allow you to use something like mega horn for extra coverage move

Not in the slightest Galar Rapidash gets some very good physical moves to go with that base 100 attack.

Megahorn, Play Rough, Wild Charge, Drill Run, High Horsepower, Zen Headbutt, Psycho Cut, Throat Chop and Swords Dance. Most of the above are pretty easy to get from the raids too.

Edit: Edited out some of the normal Rapidash ones that I missed. The moves that it gets provide it with decent damage moves for all 3 of its weaknesses. Drill Run and High Horsepower for steel, The same two and Psycho Cut for poison and Throat Chop for Ghost.

Personally id run an Adamant or Jolly Nature with Band and go with Drill Run, Play Rough, Psycho Cut and Throat Chop/Megahorn. Throat Chop will also make Toxtricity pretty much useless and in danger of a Drill Run. If you want Leftovers instead of band you could drop out Psycho Cut in favor of Swords Dance.

Edit2: With such a lackluster Spa stat Rapidash just doesnt hold a candle to say Gardevoir which has 25 less base speed but has 55 more base Spa as well as having better special moves.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31494
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-11-19 17:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I've read a lot of complaints about how the game is too easy, but honestly, on a casual playthrough it seems to be quite appropriate overall.
Let's be honest here.

Almost all Pokemon games lately have been "Easy mode, please hold my hand while I make no effort to beat the storyline and still win for doing next to nothing". Even B2/W2 Hard mode is easy.

Which is why Nuzlock is very popular. It at least gives you an option of a harder "easy mode" Pokemon game.
 Ramuh.Austar
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
Posts: 9375
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-19 18:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
all your good attacks are special attack, so special + and def -, which would allow you to use something like mega horn for extra coverage move

Not in the slightest Galar Rapidash gets some very good physical moves to go with that base 100 attack.

Megahorn, Play Rough, Wild Charge, Drill Run, High Horsepower, Zen Headbutt, Psycho Cut, Throat Chop and Swords Dance. Most of the above are pretty easy to get from the raids too.

Edit: Edited out some of the normal Rapidash ones that I missed. The moves that it gets provide it with decent damage moves for all 3 of its weaknesses. Drill Run and High Horsepower for steel, The same two and Psycho Cut for poison and Throat Chop for Ghost.

Personally id run an Adamant or Jolly Nature with Band and go with Drill Run, Play Rough, Psycho Cut and Throat Chop/Megahorn. Throat Chop will also make Toxtricity pretty much useless and in danger of a Drill Run. If you want Leftovers instead of band you could drop out Psycho Cut in favor of Swords Dance.

Edit2: With such a lackluster Spa stat Rapidash just doesnt hold a candle to say Gardevoir which has 25 less base speed but has 55 more base Spa as well as having better special moves.
i doubt he's playing competitive, so i didn't look at all the TR moves very closely
 Asura.Suteru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
Posts: 306
By Asura.Suteru 2019-11-19 18:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Wtf, the final battle is
[+]
Offline
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
Posts: 3048
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-11-19 19:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
yeah not competitive, mostly progression.
benched the Rapidash real fast. didnt fit my current team comp and was getting wrecked ez.
 Asura.Shiraj
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
Posts: 663
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-20 21:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Boom!
I grinded hard as ***, but finally got myself the Shiny charm!!

 Asura.Shiraj
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
Posts: 663
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-20 21:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Now that my pokedex grind is over, time for competitive building.
What are some thoughts on these 6 pokemon for a Competitive team. Mostly for singles or doubles.

Duraludon (SPA+/Speed-) w/ 252 SPA/ 252 DEF/ 4 SPD

Polteageist (SPA+/Attack-) w/ 252 SPA/ 252 SPD/ 4 HP

Dragapult (Speed+/SPD-) w/ 252 Speed/ 252 Attack / 4 DEF

Falinks (SPD+/SPA-) w/ 252 DEF/ 252 Attack/ 4 Speed

Toxapex (SPD+/SPA-) w/ 252 DEF/ 252 SPD/ 4 HP

I'm still unsure of a 6th pokemon which could be used.
I'm going to be farming a 5/6 IV Ditto to make all of these at least 5 IVs
 Odin.Creaucent
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
Posts: 893
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-11-21 09:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Now that my pokedex grind is over, time for competitive building.
What are some thoughts on these 6 pokemon for a Competitive team. Mostly for singles or doubles.

Duraludon (SPA+/Speed-) w/ 252 SPA/ 252 DEF/ 4 SPD

Polteageist (SPA+/Attack-) w/ 252 SPA/ 252 SPD/ 4 HP

Dragapult (Speed+/SPD-) w/ 252 Speed/ 252 Attack / 4 DEF

Falinks (SPD+/SPA-) w/ 252 DEF/ 252 Attack/ 4 Speed

Toxapex (SPD+/SPA-) w/ 252 DEF/ 252 SPD/ 4 HP

I'm still unsure of a 6th pokemon which could be used.
I'm going to be farming a 5/6 IV Ditto to make all of these at least 5 IVs

I'd suggest switching out some of your double typings you have 2 Ghost and 2 Dragons over 3 pokemon. A Grimmsnarl could probably wipe your full team bar Toxapex. I'd pick between one of the dragon types and then swap out Polteageist if you pick Dragapult.

Off the top of my head Grimmsnarl, Centiskorch, Togekiss, Tyranitar and Toxtricity would be decent choices to use as swaps or a 6th depending on what pokemon you change up. Dropping out Toxapex for Ferrothorn and Falinks for Toxacroak would also work while adding a more offensive water type like that new fish one.
[+]
Offline
By Freehugs 2019-11-21 11:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Is Zangoose in this? I honestly haven't kept up with this game apart from seeing people talk about the pokedex not being as big or whatever.
 Caitsith.Shiroi
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Shiroi
Posts: 6354
By Caitsith.Shiroi 2019-11-21 11:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
No, Zangoose isn't in it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31494
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-11-21 11:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Aren't they all in there, just some of them aren't able to be caught/seen?

I saw some hacked Sw/Sh videos showing that the dats for all of the Pokemon, including Alohan forms. I mean, it's possible those vids are fake, but I'm just saying.

Offline
By Freehugs 2019-11-21 11:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
No, Zangoose isn't in it.
D:< RIOT!
Oh well, I will have to find another bromon to party with in the galar region.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31494
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-11-21 12:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Freehugs said: »
Oh well, I will have to find another bromon to party with in the galar region.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rajang
Posts: 149
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-11-21 15:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 


I'm done toooo! The people on Twitter were so generous with my last few. I can help with the egg'ables if people are missing a few in their dex.
 Shiva.Siviard
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
Posts: 1200
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-23 17:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyone have a non USA 5 or 6 IV Ditto available for trade? I'm having horrible luck finding Ditto with anything more than 4 IVs via Raids, even 5* ones.

I'll send an Adamant or Jolly (I have one of each, breeding now) Scorbunny in return.
Offline
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
Posts: 3048
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-12-02 10:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
2 shineys so far
-Oranguru , got while catching Ponitas
-Ditto from a raid, 4IVs with HA

managed to catch a 6IV Ditto (not perfect) from a raid as well.
gonna start making eggs, starting with Farfetch'd
 Asura.Leoheika
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
Posts: 117
By Asura.Leoheika 2019-12-02 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
2 shineys so far
-Oranguru , got while catching Ponitas

Always the way! I got a shiny Meowth recently shiny chaining Milcery's.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rajang
Posts: 149
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-12-02 14:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 


I managed to bump into this guy in the Wild Area, but nothing else so far. I managed to get a hold of a foreign 6V Ditto so I'm hoping I end up breeding a few.
Offline
Posts: 121
By Rips 2019-12-03 22:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyone able to trade me grookey and sobble, the grass and water starter? I'm at the beginning but would be truly grateful.
 Shiva.Siviard
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
Posts: 1200
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-12-04 23:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Rips said: »
Anyone able to trade me grookey and sobble, the grass and water starter? I'm at the beginning but would be truly grateful.

I can help. Send me your Friend Code via PM and I'll breed you up some halfway decent starters.

I have Jolly Scorbunny, Adamant Grookey, and Timid Sobble.
First Page 2 3 ... 224 225