Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Merit 2 skills
Merit 2 skills
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-03-12 11:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

love SMN, it was my first ever 75, back when 75 was new. it kind of sat to the side, becuase i could never get the damn yingyang robe when that thing came out. anyway. the 75 bloodpacts. what kind of damage do these do? inside and outside of abyssea. i've seen some math, but they make it seem like it does 3k+ at 300TP outside abyss. this true?
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-12 12:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what you're fighting but ya I've done up to 3k @ less than 300tp
By Tzol 2011-03-14 08:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Altar said it depends on what you're fighting, but also depends on your gear and skill. While the cap was still at 75 I saw 3.5k Wind Blades from a Nirvana SMN on Nosferatu. Not everyone has a Nirvana, but the Pet MAB is what kicks it up; the likes of which there is a plethora of today. TCape, Eidolon Pendant, etc.

I got a 3k in Besieged the other day, and I don't have any relevant AF3s nor the best gear ever. So with the best Pet MAB gear and some extra TP (Extra Merits, AF3 Legs, Mana Cede, waht have you) 4k is entirely possible.
 Leviathan.Melisenna
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Melisenna 2011-03-25 11:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I can reliably pull off 3k heavenly strikes on NQ mobs, but on nm's it seems to vary a bit more between 1.5k and up.
Mind you im 4/5 AF3+2, and tons of gear swaps are involved for skill, MAB, bp delay etc etc.