Forum » FFXI » NMs » Apademak Wtf?
Apademak Wtf?
 Valefor.Pewpeww
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
By Valefor.Pewpeww 2011-03-11 18:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so my ls fought this 4 times other day, each time we pulled it to conflux 7, and mages were up top, tanks at bottom, but it seemed to open with fulmination regardless of what spells we stunned(we tried to stun them all). Anyway, we had thunder carol, barthundra and 3 whms spamming cures on tank basically, it seemed like we proc'd Y np within 1min of popping it, but it always used fulmination even without leveling up because we were stunning anything.

Anyway we ended up having to use 2 brews for 4 of the NMs, it was rediculous, hydra and cerb tier3 NMs in abyssea are jokes, yet this almost wipes us unless we brew. AoE was hitting our mages on ledge also.

Is anyone else having problems killing this? Or can someone give me a real strategy to kill this?

We had NIN NIN BLM BLM WHM WHM WHM BLU DRK DNC(was brewing)
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-03-11 18:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Pewpeww said:
AoE was hitting our mages on ledge also.
In one of the updates just recently, they patched the distance thing.
 Odin.Hevans
Server: Odin
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2011-03-11 18:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

once he gets a spell of on himself he can use fulm. that should be your stun priority. tank him on the tail so you can avoid getting you tank weakened from lithic breath. mages need to be on the ball with stona and erase. he's not hard unless you eat fulms or a tank goes down. after you get the proc you want, be it yellow or blue, hit red and zerg him down.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-11 18:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Valefor.Pewpeww said:
AoE was hitting our mages on ledge also.
In one of the updates just recently, they patched the distance thing.

absolutely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, LOGIC NEED NOT APPLY HERE!

i guess it was just too hard to rework a few of their HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE mobs and just *** the whole logical position strategy thing
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 18:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No it still works, we just did it last week. You need to position it better #1, #2 stop using fail stunners #3 make sure he isn't casting on person who pops and they stay in range. Don't die, don't let it get thunder over or pass go and collect 200 etc. There is another thread about this that goes into more detail. Fulm isn't even the main issue in most cases compared to other dangers.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
Server: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-03-11 19:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can say from personal experience that standing on top of the ledge near the con will avoid damage from AoE's for mages. Apademak does not use fulmination until it levels up. You need to make sure you take someone to stun when you pop it since it will usually open up casting on itself > level up > etc. Only takes 1 blm/rdm w/ decent haste gear and haste (spell) to be able to stun every single thunder spell it casts. I have also noticed it levels up when it kills someone, which will also enable it to use fulmination. Overall pretty simple fight as long as your stunner is on the ball and healers do their jobs properly.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-11 19:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly find Khim to be the hardest of the abyssea NMs
Fulmination, Enstun and most of all weakness breath make him a pain.

On topic though, Every time we've done it, he opens with a Thunder spell on himself, like as soon as he's popped. So make sure you stun that one.

I find lithic breath to be worse than fulm though...