Just Curious Uhh..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Just curious uhh..
Just curious uhh..
 Asura.Reublucian
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-12 19:22:10
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't have this problem til I converted from playing ffxi on the 360, to the ps2. I cannot get into sky at all, I haven't been able to ever since I've started playing on the ps2, but my xbox version of ffxi wasn't working, talked to SE and Gms and they told me to just reinstall, which I did but everytime it got to a certain number, it froze, so I'm guessing Sky is corrupted data on my ps2. I just went out and grabbed the xbox 360 Vanadiel thing that's going on, everythings working fine but just wondering, do you think me not being able to get into sky was just an error on my ps2? I never had problems with it on the 360, only the ps2 ( Once I used the first teleporter in sky My game would freeze and I wouldn't be able to log into My character at all. Had to pay someone a few mil last time to do it for me and not take my stuff -.- and move reub out of sky )
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-03-12 19:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the ps2 is the issue. Try getting the FFXI cd "Resurfaced". Most any used cd store and possibly even used game stores will do it for a price. Have you tried using a cd lens cleaner on the ps2? Could go purchase same ps2 version from BestBuy. Swap your cd with the new one and return it for cash, complaining it won't read when you enter Sky. If you still got issues sounds like the Cd-rom in the ps2. I had a friend his ps2 cd-rom quit reading GTA all of the sudden. He ended up complaining to Sony and they replaced his cd-Rom. Worth a try. But I do believe it's your ps2. My two cents.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-12 19:32:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I actually don't use the disc at all, I got ffxi years ago when they were still selling that port with the internet thing plugged into it, so ffxi is like installed into the ps2, I don't need to use the disc at all. So I'm not sure if I should try to go into sky on the 360 in fear that I'll have an issue with freezing in sky again.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-03-12 19:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea actually you should enter SKY on box. This will narrow down the possibilities of the problem. If it freezes on ps2 but not on box, well you know its something from within ps2. At this point I'd call it the Hard Drive being it's installed to that and the disk is never in use. I'm PC so I'm not too familiar with handling HDD issues on ps2. I'd imagine there is a way to reformat the Sony HDD? It's possible the HDD has a bad sector on it which makes the data unreadable. Which I would assume is where SKY data is stored. Now if this is a HDD issue it's actually "Better". Most HDD's come with manufacturer warranties of roughly 2-3 years. If you can narrow it down to such you could possibly return it to the manufacturer for a new one. This is called RMA. You would go to their website and use their RMA services. Anywho, GL. Hope someone with similar issues can pin point this a little better for you.
 Pandemonium.Sepihroth
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Sepihroth 2009-03-12 21:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk that's weird...I play on PS2 never play with a disk in it and never had any trouble with sky, sounds like it's a HDD promblem, try to reformat your HDD with the disk that came with the HDD, but means you have to reinstall.
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-03-12 22:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sepihroth said:
Idk that's weird...I play on PS2 never play with a disk in it and never had any trouble with sky, sounds like it's a HDD promblem, try to reformat your HDD with the disk that came with the HDD, but means you have to reinstall.

yeah i second this. reinstall ffxi
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-12 22:37:50
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I tried reinstalling, freezes same spot lmao
 Ramuh.Sidi
Server: Ramuh
user: Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-03-12 23:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know too much about ps2 harddrive or anything... but is there a way you could like defragment it or something? >.<;; like wipe it then reinstall, because it might be referring to some broken file on there even after reinstall...

And payed a mil to someone to move you in sky... wow wtf... I couldn't climb the mountain in attowah one day (Its not that I don't know how, that one day I kept falling... after about 10 fails, then /follow on leader, who swore he got ppl to top via /follow... still fell, and fell... and fell some freggin more, so just signed out and had him sign in to climb me up for me...)

Don't have anyone else who you could trust enough? Could have another friend watch your chara for you while your offline (if its irl or really close can give like phone if not aim/msn/yim/w/e and have them text ya and whatnot...).. *shrug*

Anyways, good luck, that sounds annoyingly irritating (reminds me of last year after update that anyone entering w-ronafaure and stuff would crash XD)
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-13 01:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this issue with FFXI in Sky, Arrapago Reef, and a few other misc. zones. Spoke to several GM's, finally one knew of this problem(3rd try), because it happened to a personal friend of his. The problem was the sound file installed for that/those zones. You won't be able to detect it through the "check files" process, but the re-install worked, or you can hope you get a good update for that zone. Unfortunately you can't disable the sound to the entire game like you can on PC, but most likely that's the problem.