Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » RMT ads
RMT ads
 Cerberus.Amanada
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Amanada
By Cerberus.Amanada 2008-03-06 15:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been spotting RMT ads through the website today even with Firefox NoScript installed (only allowing ffxiah.com scripts to run).... Not sure if the webmaster really wanted this to happen, so just want to say it out.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-06 15:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is intended behavior. RMT ads are still part of our ad network. We don't have any plans to block RMT ads at this time, because they still contribute a significant percentage of revenue towards our service overhead costs that we can't make up in other ways.

We are working on slowly moving towards an ad network that allows us to continue hosting the site without any RMT ads at all, but this isn't feasible yet. The Google Adsense-provided banners will still be rotating in RMT ads for now.

More info is in the FAQ in the General Forum.
 Cerberus.Amanada
Server: Cerberus
user: Amanada
By Cerberus.Amanada 2008-03-06 15:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It is no worries. I just have never seen them until today. I personally do try to block all ads regardless of type (including the ones in much larger websites). I do understand the impossibility to filter every type of ad. Thank you for providing this site; this site is awesome.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-03-11 11:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik said:
This is intended behavior. RMT ads are still part of our ad network. We don't have any plans to block RMT ads at this time, because they still contribute a significant percentage of revenue towards our service overhead costs that we can't make up in other ways. We are working on slowly moving towards an ad network that allows us to continue hosting the site without any RMT ads at all, but this isn't feasible yet. The Google Adsense-provided banners will still be rotating in RMT ads for now. More info is in the FAQ in the General Forum.

Lol... FFXI players depend on RMT more than they think, I guess.... XD
 Gilgamesh.Zeroryoko
Server: Gilgamesh
user: zeroryoko
By Gilgamesh.Zeroryoko 2008-03-21 11:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

can you get rid of the am I hot rate me ads?