Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Storms of Fate - 15 March 2009
Storms of Fate - 15 March 2009
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-11 08:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in the preparatory phases of trying to get together a run for Storms of Fate (Bahamut v1) for the mid-afternoon and early evening of Sunday, March 15th ON THE ODIN SERVER.

I have already beaten this on Aramina, but my other character (Darkmoose - SAM or PLD) needs it so that I can proceed to do Shadows of the Departed and Apocalypse Nigh for my Ethereal Earring.

I'm looking for anyone else who needs this to reply to this post, via PM, or in-game, along with what jobs that you have at 75 with anything resembling decent gear/merits/etc.

It's still too early to say what we'll need for jobs, but SAM and SMN are both big in this fight. WHMs are also huge, since there is a lot of cure-bombing that will be needed during the gank. If done right, the fight only lasts not even a minute, but if that fails, it can still be won.

I have already gotten a Giant Scale for the trek across Riverne Site #B01. Several friends and LS mates need this, but I know that Sunday is a big Dynamis time, so a lot of people who would normally assist us cannot.

If you need this, or you want to help, or just know someone else who needs it, please contact me here or in-game on either Aramina or Darkmoose (I'm on most evenings EST).
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-11 08:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know about 10 people that need this on Siren server. c.c Too bad you're not over here. All of us are too lazy to actually start the party after having beaten all of CoP and ZM in about a week.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-11 09:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Odin's doors are locked, so too late to server hop to get it done.

Seriously though, I really want my Ethereal Earring before I start considering my PLD "available" for EG use, and while my gear is not bad really, it pales in comparison to probably at least 7 or 8 PLD in my LS.

I've completed CoP twice, ZM16 Twice, and Storms of Fate & Shadows of the Departed both for Aramina. However, getting Ethereal for PLD is a lot more important to me than getting Magnetic for WHM, so I'm going to shout/beg/bribe or whatever I have to do to get this done.

I'll get as many of my friends and LS mates through it as I can, but if one of them has Dynamis or something, and I have 16/18 at the time, I guess they have a choice to make...

How bad do they want it?

The fight is really not that bad, and the last time my LS did it as a group, I missed it because my brother was home on leave from Iraq and I was doing family stuff. Sucks to miss SoF, but I think I was in the right place. It just means I need to take my chances with what help I can recruit from outside and what friend/LS help is available.

That's ok, it's how I had to do everything back in the day when I was a fledgling WHM with no high-level friends that had to shout help for just about everything from Genkei to AF.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-11 09:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can, get 1-2 well geared DRKs with M.Kris/Ridill/K.Club or similar, and have them Souleater > 2hr it^^ Then PT setups become meaningless and you can drag anyone though =D Maybe one or 2 Rdm/Drk for Chainspell Stun.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-11 09:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM + SMN burn works almost as well, with a RDM/DRK to help. And I'm not sure about on Cerb., but on Odin, there typically aren't a bunch of Kraken DRKs sitting around waiting to help with this stuff. When I did it on Ara, we talked strategy, buffed and prepped for battle for about 10x as long as the minute the fight actually lasted... lol

That said, if any KClub DRK on Odin are reading this and want to come "show off" they are more than welcome to do so. I know I'll probably get at least one MNK/DRK from my LS that wants to try his hand at Souleater HF, but that also requires massive curebombing.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-11 09:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I appreciate all the input from people on other servers, which helps keep this from getting driven off the front page where it will be seen more...

I really am more interested in hearing from Odin people that might come or know someone that wants to come, then from people who:

a) are on another server and can't participate

b) are offering strategy tips on a fight I've done before and can read about on my own
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-11 09:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Point taken, though a tad harsh on your rebuke =/
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-11 11:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe a little harsh; sorry if it left a bruise, and I'm glad that you understand.

Trust me, I'd love to just have a few Kraken-eater DRKs to throw at stuff, but it just doesn't work that way for most of us. It's like when someone is asking about BRD gear and someone says "just go get a Marduk's Jubbah" like that's realistic for most people.

I'm taking Bahamut down, whether it's fast and easy, or over the bleeding corpes of many dead Taru and Galka (no one cares about the other races being dead it seems). Just hoping that I can pre-enlist some people for it so the amount of time spent shouting is cut down.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-13 12:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.

Hoping to be headed to Riverne no later than 1800 EST Sunday for this, but will probably be shouting/recruiting starting 1400 or so.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-13 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch.