Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » wildfire aftermath question
wildfire aftermath question
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-02-24 11:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a thread where someone thought they saw aftermath proc on a quickdraw and so this has me curious as to what people have seen the aftermath proc for?

I rarely quickdraw after a ws unless it's a zerg and I need tp fast (usually before to get the bonus dmg on ws). One thing I have tried many times with no success is getting aftermath to proc on a second wildfire. I also tried to get it to proc on slugshot and haven't seen that happen either. I see it proc quite often on ranged attacks and melee attacks. I tried a few barrage when I first got the ws but never saw it proc there either (but 3 tries does not make very conclusive results).
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-24 11:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said:
I saw a thread where someone thought they saw aftermath proc on a quickdraw and so this has me curious as to what people have seen the aftermath proc for?

I rarely quickdraw after a ws unless it's a zerg and I need tp fast (usually before to get the bonus dmg on ws). One thing I have tried many times with no success is getting aftermath to proc on a second wildfire. I also tried to get it to proc on slugshot and haven't seen that happen either. I see it proc quite often on ranged attacks and melee attacks. I tried a few barrage when I first got the ws but never saw it proc there either (but 3 tries does not make very conclusive results).

Rarely do a QD after WF either and I'm positive it won't work on ws but when I got my armageddon 85 I did some amber farming in attowa and did a few QDs after wildfire and saw quite a few procs. Only have 3/5 af3+2 pieces so it could have been lucky but it was like 3/10 so I don't know. Can't remember if it was double or triple damage but it was a huge damage boost. Gonna dig through my logs and check again

Edit: Checked logs. Most of them were done right after Wildfire but the damage was indeed triple and not double. So either that was a lucky streak or the proc rate is unusual high for af3. Whats your average proc rate?
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-02-24 11:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. Interesting. I usually fire a fireshot just before a WF. As it adds damage to WD. So firing a fireshot during aftermath mode in theory could increase the rate of a triple proc.

I think the proc rate with full af3+2 is around 20%. But i could be pulling taht # from my ***. Lol. Someone posted it on another forum.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-24 15:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Valdor said:
Hmm. Interesting. I usually fire a fireshot just before a WF. As it adds damage to WD. So firing a fireshot during aftermath mode in theory could increase the rate of a triple proc.

I think the proc rate with full af3+2 is around 20%. But i could be pulling taht # from my ***. Lol. Someone posted it on another forum.

Really it's that high? Or does COR AF3+2 set bouns has higher proc rate than other jobs? Cuz I've seen some report says set bouns is like 5% for other jobs~~

Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 15:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be suprised if it was taht high given how often you can QD vs how often you can meet the proc conditions of other sets. Even 100% proc rate on QD would still probably proc less than 5-10% triple attack bonus on thf or lol DWing on nin...
 Bismarck.Fabiano
Server: Bismarck
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2011-02-24 15:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like 1% for each piece (1+) and additional 1% for the full set

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Antaress
Server: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-03-18 11:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

no doubt aftermath doesn't proc on quick draw.. and i THINK the proc rate on 5/5 AF is around 10%ish.