Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Atma's for Garuda
Atma's for Garuda
 Ramuh.Merlinjr
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Merlinjr
By Ramuh.Merlinjr 2011-02-24 10:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fellow SMN's, I defer to your superior knowledge and humbly ask for your assistance.

I am working on my Vayu's +2 staff for Garuda and was wondering what are your top 5 or 6 atma's you use for both physical and magical BP's?

Currently I am on trial 1674 with 100 bunny's to go in Aby-La Theine.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
 Ramuh.Leif
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-02-24 10:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For physical, definitely use Razed Ruins, maybe use Apocalypse. Predator Claws hits for high damage with Razed Ruins, play around with it a bit.

That's all I have to contribute to this thread.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 10:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phys: Razed Ruins, Gnarled Horn, Harvester, Apocalypse, Dark Depths, Voracious Violet, Stout Arm are all good. STR increases base damage, whereas +attack does next to nothing on avatars.

Magic: Gales, Ultimate, Minikin Monstrosity, Beyond, Pandemonium Warden Atma are all good.
[+]
 Ramuh.Merlinjr
By Ramuh.Merlinjr 2011-02-24 12:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the comments so far.

On a side note, are you aware of any atma's that will lessen the frequency of whiffing with Predator Claws?

Frustrating that I can easily one-shot some Plateau Hare's with PC and other times barely dent them.
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-02-24 12:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

'
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-24 12:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gales, Ultimate, Minikin for Magical. Though for most things, Shiva beats Wind Blade damage assuming 5/5 merits
 Ramuh.Merlinjr
By Ramuh.Merlinjr 2011-02-24 12:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to use another avatar but for this line of trials Garuda must land the kill shot (since I am doing this solo).
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-02-24 13:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Merlinjr said:
Thank you for the comments so far.

On a side note, are you aware of any atma's that will lessen the frequency of whiffing with Predator Claws?

Frustrating that I can easily one-shot some Plateau Hare's with PC and other times barely dent them.

I imagine the +50 to DEX from Razed Ruins will help. Other than that, I would recommend Evoker's Spats and Summoner's Bracers for equips.
[+]
 Odin.Arnor
Server: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2011-02-24 13:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

if your having an accuracy problem with avatar id agree on the +50 dex from razed ruin but also could do the accuracy bonus from cloak and dagger if needed
 Ramuh.Merlinjr
By Ramuh.Merlinjr 2011-02-24 13:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try these suggestions, thanks!
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-24 13:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Razed Ruins is a no-brainer for Predator Claws.
other good options: Omnipotent, Gnarled Horn, Horned Beast, Voracious Violet.

For Wind Blade: Ultimate, Baying Moon, Gales, Stormbird, Beyond, or Scarlet Wing.
 Ramuh.Merlinjr
By Ramuh.Merlinjr 2011-02-24 13:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond to this! I'll test these out tonight.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-02-24 16:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Merlinjr said:

Actually, what is probably causing the variation is not that she is whiffing, but that she is not doing crits. Crits are a massive part of Pred Claws. You can do 300 damage with Pred Claws and still land all 3 hits (you can verify this by checking avatar's TP).

What you really need to do is cap out crit rate. I suggest Razed Ruins & Gnarled Horn for this. As others have said, increasing STR helps a lot too. In my experience the best combo for Pred Claws is:
Voracious Violet + Razed Ruins + Gnarled Horn

Basically STR & Crit Rate are where it's at. Don't use Apocalypse unless you want the Auto-Reraise. DA & TA are pointless on BPs because they don't gain the modifiers of the BP. They are just normal attacks for 100-200 extra damage. Also don't worry about crit damage, you would think something like Sanguine Scythe would be awesome based on what I said above, but it turns out Pred Claws has a natural ~20-30% crit damage bonus, and the cap is 50% so Razed Ruins caps you out there. Between Razed Ruins & Gnarled Horn, you should have capped crit damage bonus and damn near capped crit rate (~90%).
 Ramuh.Merlinjr
By Ramuh.Merlinjr 2011-02-24 16:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I need to get Gnarled Horn atma ASAP after all. LOL

Kinda torn on what to use with PC without GH. For sure RR & VV are in right now. So it boils down to Omnipotent or Stout Arm I guess.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-02-26 16:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have Dark Depths, I'd use that in the meantime. Otherwise it's a toss-up, I'd lean toward Omnipotent probably. The haste would be nice for her melee attacks, which are not insignificant when you got VV+RR going.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-02-26 18:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd probably use MM regardless... just to keep your MP up...
Besides that everything has already been said
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-02-28 14:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah good point, MM is good if you are a little behind on equips. If you have the right setup though, you don't need any refresh from atma. I roll with 3 DD atmas and get 7mp/tick back with Garuda out. Could get 8 if I was willing to wear a subligar... but I'm too self-conscious :(
[+]