Formless Strikes Question.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Formless Strikes Question.
Formless Strikes Question.
 Fairy.Bigimus
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Bigimus
By Fairy.Bigimus 2009-03-09 23:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been woundering about this for awhile now and i havent gotten a chance to test it myself, but has anyone ever tried to see if there is a modifier for Formless Strikes, like is it Mnd based or anything like that?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-09 23:43:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, to my knowledge there is no modification to affect this. It simply turns your punches into non-elemental magic based attacks. Meaning you could get through physical resistant mobs or even Invincible. Great for use on elementals, slimes, PLDs, JoT, or anything else that would build resistance to your physical attacks.

Oh and keep in mind that Formless Strikes will not affect weapon skills.
 Fairy.Bigimus
By Fairy.Bigimus 2009-03-09 23:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah i knew most of that lol i was just curious is all if anyone had ever tested or found any modifiers for it or not, but thanks for the reply ^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-09 23:51:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, sorry for reinstating the obvious. Not sure if there are any modifiers, I'm inclined to say there aren't but I can't say for sure since I haven't done any testing lol. However, it's far too conditional to really worry about going out of your way to enhance it, I'd just use the same ol melee gear for it.
 Fairy.Bigimus
By Fairy.Bigimus 2009-03-09 23:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol yah ive pretty much thought of the same thing, but it would be nice to at least know if there are some modifiers for it, for situational purposes i can see where modifiers might help(if any of course), but over all its just for knowlege base.
 Siren.Anmorata
Server: Siren
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-03-10 00:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol if you ever have to do the BLM AF hat fight, use a MNK w/ formless strikes and hundredfists :p
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-10 00:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anmorata said:
lol if you ever have to do the BLM AF hat fight, use a MNK w/ formless strikes and hundredfists :p
BLM AF hat fight isn't particularly hard for any 75, I solo'd it pretty easily on blu.

As for formless strikes, why don't you do some of your own testing? Go beat up some elementals somewhere and try some gear swaps, it may turn out that it's best just to use acc and haste, or maybe even something as mundane as attack+ still effects it.
 Fairy.Bigimus
By Fairy.Bigimus 2009-03-10 00:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah imma run a few tests of my own, i was just wounderin if other ppl have tried to test it and what results they came out w/