Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN Skillups - Post Update
SMN Skillups - Post Update
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-14 11:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to cap my skill for a while now, but Wamouracampa aren't doing it for me anymore. I was capped at 75, but haven't used my SMN enough to cap it just by using it regularly. I'm really starting to like this job, so I'm wondering where the FFXIAH community has gone (Outside of Abyssea, or I do not care) to skill up their SMN magic. I'm around 290 now, but I have full merits put into them (Only other mage job is BLU, with a surplus of merits, I had no reason not to)
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-14 12:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of activity on the forums... /BUMP
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-02-14 12:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The easiest way?
Hide somewhere nobody will find you and run a skillup script. AFK all night.
[+]
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-02-14 12:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If your fixed to do it outside of Abyssea, and not run a skill up bot / stand around casting manually forever...

I'd say your best bet would be just about anything EP+ in Vunkerl [ S] (yes the past). Once you cap there head off to Xarcabard [ S] and you should be able to cap on gigas.

Frankly though I'd say just join an Abyssea U.range Buffalo party and get skill ups using BPR, get some curor / notes & seals while your at it.

(edit stupid [ S] needs a space so it's not strikethrough.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-14 12:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

dont play on PC. Was wondering if its possible to reduce Elemental Perp Cost low enough inside or outside of abyssea (Id be willing to temporarily put merits into it) that i could get a free elemental and afk. Id prefer outside of Abyssea, but I have afeeling that's just not possible.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-02-14 15:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest and best way to skillup solo is kiting something with diabolos spamming nether blast+somnolence, and you could get to around lv87-88 skill cap on orichalumshells on the island in mount zaylohm, or theres lv90+ crabs in vunkerl inlet.
 Unicorn.Shianae
Server: Unicorn
user: Shianae
By Unicorn.Shianae 2011-02-14 15:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
dont play on PC. Was wondering if its possible to reduce Elemental Perp Cost low enough inside or outside of abyssea (Id be willing to temporarily put merits into it) that i could get a free elemental and afk. Id prefer outside of Abyssea, but I have afeeling that's just not possible.

Not hard to get a free elemental inside of abyssea tbh, with MM and a +5 refresh atma you already have 15 refresh a tick (not including the auto refresh/ other refresh pieces you can get) as well as have another +5 refresh atma for a total of 20+ refresh.

However outside of abyssea, it's a lot harder...

If you went to a zone that had constant weather, say an Avatar boss zone, you could use your prep- gear and your prep with weather- gear

For instances...

Head: Summoner's Horn (-3 Prep *In weather)

Body: Caller's Body+1/+2 (-3/-4 Prep *No weather)

Hands: Caller's Hands+2 (50%- Prep *during day/weather)

Legs: Augur's Brais (-1 Prep *No weather)

Feet: Caller's Pigaches +1/+2 (-2/-3 Prep *No weather)

Ring: Evoker's Ring (-1 Prep *No weather)

Neck: Caller's Pendant (-1 Prep *In Weather)

Weapon: (Element Insert Here) Trial staff for avatars -6

I know it looks like a bit of an over kill with all the -prep for the lil elemental, but according to wiki at lvl81 elementals cost 19MP per tick. (holy crap never realized they were THAT much)

You get a -15 Prep with all of that, and with the +2 hands it more than likely would be free.

Assuming even if the elemental was 30MP a tick at level 90 it's still possible...

Just requires a ***ton of smn gear, or you can remerit for more -prep for elementals :D!

[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-02-14 16:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:

Wait why do you want a free elemental to AFK with, you only have a chance to skillup during summoning an elemental.

Spirit's spells don't give skillups, only executing blood pacts do.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-02-23 09:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatars don't auto-level-correct when a level cap is removed. You could do something like go into a level cap area and summon a spirit. Then when you exit the area, the spirit will be lower level and thus have lower perp cost, but you'll be higher level and have the advantage of lots of perp down gear. Not hard to get a free spirit that way.

However, Kunimatsu is right, you won't get skillups this way.
 Ramuh.Merlinjr
Server: Ramuh
user: Merlinjr
By Ramuh.Merlinjr 2011-02-23 10:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I am working on a staff trial for Garuda currently on bunnies in Aby-La Theine. I am seeing regular skill ups as I summon / release her after every battle. Using Predator Claws once per bunny helps also.

Currently at 355 summoning magic skill nekkid. I feel your pain.