Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22568 22569 22570 ... 22575 22576 22577
By Pantafernando 2024-04-19 11:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
So my fiancée has had two job interviews for positions at chemical plants. One in a lovely rural area up in the foothills, and another on the south side of Atlanta.

I went with her to the one in the lovely rural area (Ft. Oglethorpe basically).

After that I was hoping she'd get that one, but of course, the smelly one near Atlanta got back to her rapid fire.

They called her up this morning and were like, "Hey we want you, and we want you to start next Wednesday!" She was just waking up when she got the call and got excited and agreed immediately before even telling me about it.

Now I've had to remind her that we need time to find a place to move to, so that neither of us have to do a 2 hour commute. And that's the tip of the iceberg. We've gotta go ahead and get a marriage license, so that her folks don't flip out when we move into together and disown her (or whatever they'd do, they're very traditional). I've gotta figure how best to handle my own job situation with the move. It all takes time. The smelly Atlanta place said the position starts on May 22nd, but they're eager beaver to have her, I guess.

So things are about to get awkward. I was able to get my fiancée to understand pretty quickly that she made a mistake by immediately agreeing to start in 5 days time. So she's gonna get back in touch with them to let them know, but I feel like there's some tension because I'm preventing her from getting her first job in her field right away. I feel like she's gonna be super upset if they tell her they're going with someone else who will start sooner.

But idk, I just want the move to go well, because it has to go well. Like if we just drop everything and immediately move into the first crappy place we can get, I could go jobless or go insane with a 2 hour commute indefinitely. Either way is bad.

If she could get the one near Oglethorpe we wouldn't even have to move right away, and that interview was just yesterday, and while I don't want her to sit on her hands waiting for a call that might never come, that place gave a way better impression than the smelly one.

I feel a bit of trepidation, because I know she's a hard worker, but she also doesn't do well with stressful personal interactions and such, and certain demands. I'm not sure about her holding down the job, whichever place she goes to, mainly because in the past she's only ever worked part time. I'd really hate to put everything on hold or quit my job to move, and then we get to a point where neither of us are working, and we're both just job hunting or some ***.

Why does life gotta be complicated?

It isnt uncommon those situations, and living some time in a temporary place till things settle down.

Back when my parents were married, my father found a job 6h away. The solution was him living during the week in a hotel or rent a cheap house for some time.

In thr end, my parents got divorced, and he move definitively to the works city while my mother stayed where she was.

But what would be the best to do? Idk how heat is the job market in your place. I personally wouldnt give up a good oportunity. Accepting the job, you always have the option to give up later while refusing the job is a one time choice only.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-19 11:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Armageddon is never happening
Armageddon so easy to make. Could make 3 before finished DP.
It's not that it's not hard. I'm aware that among Empyrean Weapons it's one of the easier ones. But the thing is, I've already got a RMEA gun. Getting another one will have considerably watered-down boons relative to spending that same time on something for another job. Furthermore, even an "easy" Empyrean Weapon is still an Empyrean Weapon, which means roughly 120,000,000 gil and an agonizing eternity in Abyssea.

Like I'm sorry, but I'd sooner quit Final Fantasy XI than farm 175 of those drops. I'm willing to put up with some grind here and there to help contribute more for the parties I join. But farming Abyssea NM's is one of my least-favourite things in this entire game. I can barely stomach collecting 5 pieces for my armor upgrades, let alone 175 for one item.

Thunderjet mentioned the other day how they're envious that I still enjoy FFXI. I think a big part of that is I've found a healthy balance between doing things for myself and doing things for the people I play with. I don't want to be dead weight in a party, but I also know where to draw the line for my own personal enjoyment. At the end of the day, FFXI is a video game and I want to have fun.
By Jetackuu 2024-04-19 12:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I'd max out DP or Arma way before fomal, but that's me.
I mean I would too, if I had one or both of those. Armageddon is never happening, and Death Penalty is a long, looooong way off.

Fomalhaut is the only RMEA I have to date, and the next item on my list at all is a Tizona. But considering the banana-sword is still probably a year (or more) out for me as well, I might as well dump my job points towards "Familiar weapons". Even if I don't RP the Fomalhaut, at least I'll be in a position to upgrade something else down the line.

Oh get to it and make both.

Carabosse, CC, and Isgebind are all moderate NMs, be done in less time than it would take to farm 150k tokens.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-19 12:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally like abyssea. Way more than the assaults and nyzul.

That said, i think i made a ln armagedon back then, and never left my storage.

All the other empys i considered to make was ochain and daurdabla.

But when i get back, i think i want to invest in a hard hitting weapon. My sad life in FFXI was that i was always dividing effort between mules and never master of any.

So, my dmg was always lackluster.

I want hit really hard next time i give the game a try. Infintes 99999
[+]
By Afania 2024-04-19 12:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

. I feel like she's gonna be super upset if they tell her they're going with someone else who will start sooner.

As a general rule, if an employer really wants an employee they should be able to wait for another week or 2. I have never have an employer turn be down only because I tell them I need some time to move personally.

If they ended up going with someone else because they can't even wait for moving that means they don't want her that much. Then it is probably not that good of an employment relationship to begin with. I personally wouldn't care if an offer like this is gone in the end.

Meanwhile use the 1st offer and write an email and ask another employer to speed up the HR process for another potential offer. With 2 offers to pick from there are more rooms for flexibility.

. I'd really hate to put everythin on hold or quit my job to move, and then we get to a point whereneither of us are working, and we're both just job hunting or some ***.

I could go jobless or go insane with a 2 hour commute indefinitely

You don't have to quit your job. You could do 2 hr commute for a week or 2 and job hunt on the same time then quit, or separate for some time and job hunt without quitting the current job.

Quote:
Why does life gotta be complicated?
I think it is complicated because of fear from losing. This kind of emotion often makes things harder than they really are :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-19 12:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh get to it
I'll be sure to get right on that. I'll start by sinking 100 hours of my already-limited free time into grinding these twelve not-at-all fun fights that could have been spent doing enjoyable content or any other of my hobbies. Then spend 120 million gil (plus another 120 million gil for the RP) that could have been spent on huge upgrades in other things that I've been desperately saving up for. All for a slight increase in my ranged attack white damage that's only relevant in about 1/20th of the things I do.
By Jetackuu 2024-04-19 12:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh get to it
I'll be sure to get right on that. I'll start by sinking 100 hours of my already-limited free time into grinding these twelve not-at-all fun fights that could have been spent doing enjoyable content or any other of my hobbies. Then spend 120 million gil (plus another 120 million gil for the RP) that could have been spent on huge upgrades in other things that I've been desperately saving up for. All for a slight increase in my ranged attack white damage that's only relevant in about 1/20th of the things I do.

Welcome to FFXI.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-19 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In no reality is it sensible for me to justify an Armageddon. I have no reason for it.

It's not worth it from the perspective of improving my character because it would take resources from me that I could use to make more meaningful improvements to my ability to contribute to a party.

It's not worth it from the perspective of spending my time and money on a hobby, because it's a miserable, anti-fun nightmare to make.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-19 16:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed this one

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-04-19 17:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Got this yesterday to replace my current work laptop (8 year old 1050ti laptop) I think this was a error
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-19 17:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In no reality is it sensible for me to justify an Armageddon. I have no reason for it.

It's not worth it from the perspective of improving my character because it would take resources from me that I could use to make more meaningful improvements to my ability to contribute to a party.

It's not worth it from the perspective of spending my time and money on a hobby, because it's a miserable, anti-fun nightmare to make.

While this is a 100% subjective take, I'm completely the opposite. I'd rather throw on some youtube lofi gaming mix and veg out to red procing on THF/WAR for a couple hours than zone hundreds of times between Whitegate and staging points.

Carabosse, CC, and Isgebind are all moderate NMs, be done in less time than it would take to farm 150k tokens.

Isgebind can banged out in less than 2 hours with 2-3 people. 4 hours tops solo, probably 3 on any non-Asuran server with 0 competition. Of the 3 in this path, I think CC is the bothersome one, but even then, thankfully this entire path can be gold boxed.

I didn't read if we were talking about RNG or COR, but I'd say definitely not needed for COR, but absolutely is tied with Gastra for my favorite weapon on RNG.

If you're working on prime gun, then you can probably skip Arma and not miss it, but outside Earp, nothing else is getting close to these autos:

[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-19 17:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Got this yesterday to replace my current work laptop (8 year old 1050ti laptop) I think this was a error

Wow dude, the GPU alone isn't much less than that.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-04-19 17:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup. Had to order 2x 16gb ram to upgrade since it had 2 8gb sticks but man that price point is stupid

I just looked today and its 899... lmao
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-19 18:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

While this is a 100% subjective take, I'm completely the opposite. I'd rather throw on some youtube lofi gaming mix and veg out to red procing on THF/WAR for a couple hours than zone hundreds of times between Whitegate and staging points.

Isgebind can banged out in less than 2 hours with 2-3 people. 4 hours tops solo, probably 3 on any non-Asuran server with 0 competition. Of the 3 in this path, I think CC is the bothersome one, but even then, thankfully this entire path can be gold boxed.

I didn't read if we were talking about RNG or COR, but I'd say definitely not needed for COR, but absolutely is tied with Gastra for my favorite weapon on RNG.

If you're working on prime gun, then you can probably skip Arma and not miss it, but outside Earp, nothing else is getting close to these autos:

:O Bruh
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-04-19 18:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
TAKE ADVANTAGE!!!!
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-04-19 18:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

atm I thinkin pussy ^^ is that bad?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-19 18:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather throw on some youtube lofi gaming mix and veg out to red procing on THF/WAR for a couple hours than zone hundreds of times between Whitegate and staging points.
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-19 20:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya know, aside from the attempt at the reboot (Child's Play) Chucky has to get serious props for being so consistent.

All the actors always come back. They never *** up with plotholes. And even though it's very dumb, the story always just goes and goes. Going on 40 years. What other franchise can say that.

Like Ray levels up his voodoo skill over time, the kills (mostly) never repeat. And it takes place in the "real" world. They have people play themselves in universe. It never gets boring.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-19 21:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My problem is that I find Abyssea takes just enough concentration that I can't only pay half attention. It's mentally taxing without being challenging in the slightest, which is exactly the same feeling I got when I was an office drone for the government.

And I'm not even saying that Mythics are all that better. But Assaults offer enough variety (and some are genuinely challenging even at Lv.119) and the reward is so significant that I do look forward to getting my Tizona eventually. One RMEA per job is enough. I'm not aiming to be the best Corsair in the world, I'm trying to set realistic goals and to have fun.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-04-19 21:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ya know, aside from the attempt at the reboot (Child's Play) Chucky has to get serious props for being so consistent.

All the actors always come back. They never *** up with plotholes. And even though it's very dumb, the story always just goes and goes. Going on 40 years. What other franchise can say that.

Like Ray levels up his voodoo skill over time, the kills (mostly) never repeat. And it takes place in the "real" world. They have people play themselves in universe. It never gets boring.

Bond. James Bond.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-19 21:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There's been what 5 people playing Bond and the stories aren't in one universe though.

All the characters differ from movie to movie, not just Bond too. Different people playing Q different people playing M
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-19 21:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My problem is that I find Abyssea takes just enough concentration that I can't only pay half attention. It's mentally taxing without being challenging in the slightest, which is exactly the same feeling I got when I was an office drone for the government.

And I'm not even saying that Mythics are all that better. But Assaults offer enough variety (and some are genuinely challenging even at Lv.119) and the reward is so significant that I do look forward to getting my Tizona eventually. One RMEA per job is enough. I'm not aiming to be the best Corsair in the world, I'm trying to set realistic goals and to have fun.

Nah this is a really good take, and I didn't mean to imply "you're doing it wrong", if it came off that way. Fun is totally subjective and everyone has different goals. I'm no Felgar or Wfoadambbp, but with 47? REMAs, I'm pretty familiar with the masochism and hundreds of soul-sucking, unfun hours dumped into making ultimate weapons, half of which never even see the light of day. I'm not gonna pretend like it was all fun and I had a great time.

I actually like some of the assaults, and I wish we had ilvl NNI (*** lamps) because I like it for the most part. It's just all the gdamn zoning for the mythic process that kills it for me.

I also feel like the NM camping to get to the abyssea stage for Empys goes really fast, by the time you get to the empy steps you're like halfway there (gil aside). With mythics, you finish Assaults, NNI, Einherjar, and Alex, THEN you've finally unlocked the paperweight mythic. You've still got all the trials to do and it just feels like it drags on forever. I think I've burned through 100m cruor just spamming brews to smash through mythic kill trials as fast as possible.

You're right though, abyssea is 100% braindead content. I just like that I can farm lights and time chests and bang it all out in a single sitting if I want.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-04-19 21:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Trina Robbins. If you have no idea who she was, google her.

If you read comic books and STILL have no idea who she was you should be ashamed.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-19 22:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, and I know I sound like a broken record, but most all of the grindy content in XI isn't so bad if you have someone to talk to while you do it. Friends to spirit you along.

The hardest part about modern XI is that friend groups are kinda locked in. It's locked in friend groups and then a buncha loners/odd men out types.

I don't know how I have even gone as far as I have. Most likely my LP, but maybe not. Maybe I'm just crazy.

I catch Jess here or there, and it's great. I catch my brother here or there, and it's great. I catch Apathetic AJ here or there and it's great.

But mostly it's me and the EXP bar. Me and the JP counter. Me and whichever progression system tickles my fancy that month. I meet folks in Ambu and add'em to my friends list, and within another month's time we aren't talking anymore.

Every REMA upgrade process feels like getting into a steamroller to go coast to coast for me. Yeah, we'll get there, but this thing isn't flattening every hill on its own. Gonna need at least 3 more steamrollers.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-19 23:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, and I know I sound like a broken record, but most all of the grindy content in XI isn't so bad if you have someone to talk to while you do it. Friends to spirit you along.

The hardest part about modern XI is that friend groups are kinda locked in. It's locked in friend groups and then a buncha loners/odd men out types.

I don't know how I have even gone as far as I have. Most likely my LP, but maybe not. Maybe I'm just crazy.

I catch Jess here or there, and it's great. I catch my brother here or there, and it's great. I catch Apathetic AJ here or there and it's great.

But mostly it's me and the EXP bar. Me and the JP counter. Me and whichever progression system tickles my fancy that month. I meet folks in Ambu and add'em to my friends list, and within another month's time we aren't talking anymore.

Every REMA upgrade process feels like getting into a steamroller to go coast to coast for me. Yeah, we'll get there, but this thing isn't flattening every hill on its own. Gonna need at least 3 more steamrollers.
you Negan and jess are fun
Today i played XI and enjoyed was able to play with GRPS ^^
Very hard for me to find any grps or Pugs coz of time Diffrence Luckly no work this week coz of the floods in Dubai lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-19 23:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun is totally subjective and everyone has different goals.
Yeah that's exactly it. A big thing for me is what I set out to do originally. I'm scared of burning out again, so I'm trying to really focus on doing the things that I like. One of those things is I prefer being flexible over being a dedicated powerhouse. I'd rather have a few capable jobs than one job that I'm exceptional at.

When I came back, pretty much the only weapon I was planning on making at all was a Tizona. Blue Mage is my passion, and the way that weapon seems to transform it makes me really excited. It's something I've wanted ever since Mythics were first introduced. But I had Escha Beads to spend and my friends wanted to clear an Aeonic (and the only Aeonic BLU can use is garbage) so ta-da~~

And even that Tizona is taking forever. Even though I do dedicate a good few hours a day to XI, the major block of time is spent with my static in the evening. Even if I really wanted to boost my Corsair's white damage with an Arma, it would take me like 5 years as I chip away at one NM every day lol
By Pantafernando 2024-04-20 01:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »

Yes, because we know good things wont come from that
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-20 01:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

why is draylo always standing AFK in Adoulin
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-20 06:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy.... wait this is a holiday today right?
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-04-20 06:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Karppa said: »

Yes, because we know good things wont come from that
I disagree many good things have come from that..but thats just me
First Page 2 3 ... 22568 22569 22570 ... 22575 22576 22577