Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21872 21873 21874 ... 22553 22554 22555
By Rips 2021-06-12 22:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
The only pizza I need is the one just down the street from my house. It's run by these wonderful folks who immigrated from India who make their own crust in the style of a garlic naan bread and have super flavourful ingredients. They even have a butter chicken pizza.

Ummmm are we neighbours? I have that too, lol.

Toronto here.
By Jetackuu 2021-06-12 23:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who thinks the 7 remake was an utter shitshow?
By Thunderjet 2021-06-12 23:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

#SquareEnixPresents returns for #E32021 on June 13 at 12:15pm PT / 8:15pm BST.

E3
By Thunderjet 2021-06-12 23:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
what do you mean the game? i actually loved it, but i wont play it a second time for sure
By Draylo 2021-06-12 23:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you are.. it was incredible. The only gripe I had with it was the incredibly slow load times and how you're forced to slow walk thru semi cutscenes. They fixed the first with intergrade but the annoying forced walking is still there. The game is amazing though.
By Jetackuu 2021-06-12 23:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
what do you mean the game? i actually loved it, but i wont play it a second time for sure
Yes the horrible shitshow of a game. SE should just stop trying to make games anymore, they suck at it.
By Draylo 2021-06-12 23:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got the new controllers, second black arrives later and will be nice alongside the matte black plates/charging stand when I change them. I'll kinda miss the white aesthetic but most of everything is black in my room so it only makes sense.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-06-12 23:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoyed a breakfast this last week at a local place that offers bottomless chocolate milk (I am a man of simple tastes)

Amd the current promotion was 7x thick premium bacon. It was the most decadent extra *** bacon I have ever had. Simultaneously hate it, never want it again, and lizard brain craves it lol

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2021-06-13 00:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
This update sucked!

The update following the anniversary campaign always seems underwhelming each year. Nothing too exciting in this one, but last month I was able to finish grinding out the 10k job points for an Almace augment. I turn in my final 669 points on Sunday.
but why

Because I want to.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-06-13 00:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
bottomless chocolate milk (I am a man of pleb tastes)
Strawberry milk or get out!
Your wrong is wrong and you should feel wrong!
By Jetackuu 2021-06-13 01:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Because I want to.

Fair I guess, I started that path once on an alt for mythics then laughed and got the clear easily later.

Crazy guy.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-13 03:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Its understandable that sounds a bad idea a 4 month effort for something that supposelly can be done in 2h, but there are always those people who 1) dont want to bother with dynamis, 2) have no means to beat it currently (no shell, no gear, etc) and 3) during the week some JP is received doing other things (gain exp, ambuscade, etc).

I myself find in this situation, and over the years i even ended unlocking aeonic for all my char. Even then, its not like im rushing to drop detritus there also.

All in all, its quite indiferent unlocking through JP and through beating dynamis. Only exception is if one is voluntarily farming JP during the week to earn the 700JP and doing for all the 4 months. THEN, I would consider investing the time beating the content instead of the hours spend on that.

All in all, most likely no harm is done.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-06-13 04:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Yes you are.. it was incredible. The only gripe I had with it was the incredibly slow load times and how you're forced to slow walk thru semi cutscenes. They fixed the first with intergrade but the annoying forced walking is still there. The game is amazing though.

I really liked it as well. My #1 issue might not be an issue, and it all depends on how they roll out the sequel. I hear a lot of speculation that the gear/materia/levels/etc. will be reset in Part 2, but that would probably bother me quite a bit. The two main arguments that I hear against carrying over saves are based on shallow reasoning.

1. It excludes people who didn't play Part 1! - No, they can give you option of starting a "standard" game with a default loadout if you don't have a save from Part 1.
2. You could be too OP! - So what? It's the same with any Final Fantasy game where you do all the side quests and grind hard early in the game. If you want a challenge, play with the default loadout and/or play on a harder difficulty option that is designed to account for that.

And any explanation for losing all your starting gear/materia/etc. would be hard to sell anyway. The whole "Yuffie could just steal everything!" theory is an extremely contrived plot device. It wouldn't even work well for materia (she steals them, but... then what? They disappear forever?).
By Pantafernando 2021-06-13 05:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually its not uncommon sequels implementing lame plots to justify reseting your previous progress. And its quite reasonable to do so. Less carry over progress, more time re-grinding power, and players gonna do it anyway, because there is time to do.

The real problem is that they divided a game that was supposed to be one, so in theory you shouldnt spend much time grinding in a fraction of game.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-06-13 07:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i like the idea of someone just buying ff7r without having played the first one or the original ff7. like opening up a book to a random page and just start reading.

i heard some people say zack shows up in the current inbetween(?) game and it's annoying people.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-13 07:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternate timelines are so hot right now

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-13 07:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Alternate timelines are so hot right now

My keyword lately is canonical.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-06-13 10:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hugs, its a good time to get back into XIV.

Most people rate the stories ShB > HW > SB > ARR. And ShB is just fantastic.

I will say that SB has some of the best battle CSs in the game.

Also in Endwalker we go to the moon. I think that's IV related.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-13 10:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
Ummmm are we neighbours? I have that too, lol.

Freehugs said: »
I've learned throughout my many years that just because the game says Square Enix on the box doesn't mean I have to buy it or that I will like it. A lot of the stuff SE puts out nowadays is just cash grab shiet much like most of the video game market.
That said, if something Tactics related was to come out that wasn't mobile garbage I would be very interested.

Edit: also Dragon Quest XI was better than any FF game that has been released in the past few years. Not counting the mmo because I stopped at HW.
It's been 11 years and I'm still kicking myself for buying Final Fantasy XIII on day 1. In fact, I think that might have been game that made me never pre-order games ever again. And I'm so glad, too: I think every game they've released since then has either been hot garbage or simply uninteresting to me.

That's also why I'm not holding my breath for that Triangle Strategy. Not only because of Squeenix's track record, but something about what I've seen so far feels really off.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2021-06-13 10:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Also in Endwalker we go to the moon. I think that's IV related.

It is, they're giving IV quite the homage between all the IV minions, the Lunar Whale mount, and even the Golbez theme music as a dungeon crawl music like they did for one of the dungeons in IV as well.

I guess we'll see what happens but since IV is my personal favorite FF in the franchise, I am a bit giddy about where it's heading towards.

Hoping for a four fiends fight in there somewhere.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2021-06-13 13:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

That's also why I'm not holding my breath for that Triangle Strategy. Not only because of Squeenix's track record, but something about what I've seen so far feels really off.
Has a playable demo, seems to give a pretty good idea of what the final game is going be like. I didn't like the combat system, but otherwise seems a decent game.
By Viciouss 2021-06-13 14:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Squares E3 showcase is coming up, hopefully we get some fun announcements. So far Microsoft and Ubisoft have been meh.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-13 14:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

More Marvel but not Marvel, cause the last one went so well

Quote:
They literally never stop talking

H.o.l.y.s.h.i.t. more doubling down on Marvel

"A bunch of final fantasy stuff!" - 10 seconds
"Marvel" - 45 minutes
By Viciouss 2021-06-13 16:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, nevermind
By Draylo 2021-06-13 17:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised they are still getting a chance with Marvel stuff given their recent flops.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-13 18:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowest bidder
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor