Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21788 21789 21790 ... 22567 22568 22569
By Pantafernando 2021-02-24 13:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, i actually believe this is more some politician wanting to do cheap marketing acting like hes “solving” something, when in fact, its not doing ***.

In the past, we had two robberies case where the victim was killed by knife.

What the politician did? Wrote a law draft to forbid knife possesion.

This actually just made the citizen that work with knifes harder, but the politician had his day of free marketing.

And nothing else was changed
[+]
By Xaander 2021-02-24 13:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
It sounds to me like the current set-up is lose-lose, and that they'd be a lot better off putting something else in place altogether that can accommodate the offended party. Of course, I have no idea.

Banishing them to fellowships would be nice, but I'm clearly biased.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-24 13:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Xaander said: »
Read some of that 14 drama. I find real hard to empathize the RP people complaining. On my data center, it's like people spamming advertisements for their E-prostitution rings and trying to sell feet pics. SE moved my server to a different data center, and it's just never been the same.

XIV has very strict moderation while FFXI has very light moderation, mainly because of the mindset of the players of each game.

The problem is, both games have the same kind of strike system. You get one warning and then you get parma banned. These people got a warning for posting RP stuff on the party builder system. I think it's stupid but they should not get an account strike for that imo.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-02-24 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
These people got a warning for posting RP stuff on the party builder system. I think it's stupid but they should not get an account strike for that imo.
Yeah. Especially if they didn't technically break any rules. It sounds to me like the devs are covering for their own poorly-designed setup.

Step 1: Come up with means for all players to have fun in their own way.
Step 2: Rewrite the part of the TOS about interfering with others' ability to enjoy the game to include crossing those newly-established boundaries.
Step 3: THEN if someone posts RP in the party finder they get a warning.

It sounds to me like they went straight to step 3, and maybe in the future they'll do steps 2 and 1. That's not a good way to run a business.
[+]
By Xaander 2021-02-24 13:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
XIV has very strict moderation while FFXI has very light moderation, mainly because of the mindset of the players of each game.

The problem is, both games have the same kind of strike system. You get one warning and then you get parma banned. These people got a warning for posting RP stuff on the party builder system. I think it's stupid but they should not get an account strike for that imo.

I agree on some level. If SE plans to enforce rules a certain way, they should publicly announce the intent before slapping people with warnings and bans.

Edit: Didn't see Jessikah's post. Yeah, that sounds fair. I've just never seen them operate that way in any game. I wish they would.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-02-24 15:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

taking a three day weekend since my days off last week were iced in and horrible. ordered some tacos and fruit punch jarritos. now to get pld xp and be lazy all day =D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-02-24 16:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

WHAT AM I? YOUR GOOGLE?!

mexican sodas. quite delicious.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-02-24 16:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah. they also have a strawberry one that is super good too.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-02-24 16:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yes and no. it really depends on what you're going for. if you're wanting something to over power the alcohol taste like fruit juice and vodka (orange/cran/etc) then it wont work well, but if you don't mind the taste of booze then it can mix well with some things. ex; fruit punch or pineapple with rum. the flavors compliment each other well. would be ok as a chaser for a shot i suppose. sharp sweet flavor. otherwise a vodka and strawberry jarritos just tastes like a watered down strawberry jarritos with an after taste of vodka fumes.
By Viciouss 2021-02-24 16:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
What's a jarrito

O, those drinks. I've seen them before, they look good. I'd try the pineapple one.

Pineapple is the best, running away.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-02-24 17:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
taking a three day weekend since my days off last week were iced in and horrible. ordered some tacos and fruit punch jarritos. now to get pld xp and be lazy all day =D
Nice. I'm taking Friday off myself. Work's got me heckin' stressed, and I've got vacation time to burn before I quit lol

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-02-24 18:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry.

Work's got me heckin' stressed, 'eh?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2021-02-24 19:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

/stares

What makes it a "crackhead mail truck?"

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2021-02-24 20:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, their iconic vehicles have no a/c, and as they drive with the window down... (I'm not sure if they had heat, I'm assuming at least a little from the engine).

Decent paying gig if one can get on and stay with it though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-02-24 21:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That's just the same but more Canadian! I will let it all slide for some poutine.
My province just finished La Poutine Week, where hundreds of restaurants came up with ridiculous poutines to compete for votes. Next year if the borders aren't closed, you'd best come up here! :D
By RadialArcana 2021-02-24 21:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Interesting video about movie miniature film making.

The way this starts you think it's going to be garbage, then at the end he blows you away with the quality of his work.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-02-24 22:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
WHAT AM I? YOUR GOOGLE?!
Yes. Is the pineapple one good?
I really like the tamarind.

On the XIV front my PF looks no different than usual.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-25 07:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sony Reportedly Censoring Violent Depictions in Games

https://www.dualshockers.com/sony-reportedly-censoring-violent-depictions-in-games/

Well you don't have to worry about politicians censoring your games if the video game companies decide to do it instead! Thank's Sony!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-02-25 07:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Lets make a pact and from now on, just kill mobs that are aggressive, for self defense.

Anyone killing non aggressive mob must go to jail
Actually I just realized: in FFXI no one ever "dies" outside of cutscenes. Players are simply "knocked unconscious" and monsters are "defeated". Our PvP is considered a training exercise, and even the magic used to resuscitate fallen allies is called "Raise" and worded "Revives target from KO".

Not only does this make this game one of the least violent ever, it also helps make sense of why you don't just cast Raise on NPC's who die in cutscenes lol

EDIT (so to not double-post) There's something to be said about people who write software with several means to irreversibly erase hours of work with no warning.
"What's that? You hit Save? I guess you didn't notice that I undid that ply change in the sister program. And since the plies are now mismatched, I don't know what else to do but overwrite the entire job with a blank file!"
"Sure, I can move that floor joist 1/4 inch to the right for you! Wait, what's happening? Ugh, AnAlYsIs ErRoR! MUST AUTOSAVE TO ENSURE CORRUPTION OF ENTIRE PROJECT BEFORE CRASHING! Blaaaah..."
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-02-25 12:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

monsters are "defeated"

Yeah, but given the kinds of drops that you can get (chunks of meat, fur, bone, organs, etc.) it's clear that most of the things we "defeat" are straight up murdered.

Then again, there could be exceptions....

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-02-25 17:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I just realized: in FFXI no one ever "dies" outside of cutscenes. Players are simply "knocked unconscious" and monsters are "defeated".

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Siegemaster_Assassination
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2021-02-25 17:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

On the one hand, I like the new episode. Building Yuffie's story relevance early is great, and Deepground as a concept was cool even if the execution in DoC was less than stellar.
On the other, this having a different name likely means it's not bound by the same exclusivity contract as the original release, so even if a PC version of Remake comes out once the original exclusivity period ends in April, it won't have any of the new content.
First Page 2 3 ... 21788 21789 21790 ... 22567 22568 22569