Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21746 21747 21748 ... 22566 22567 22568
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-28 12:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
I have an opinion question that I need answers to, that's going to spark like 150 pages of insane ***. I'm trying to decide if I should start it like, right before I go to bed, for maximum wtf, or do the responsible thing and wait until I'm actually around

There's never an ineffective time to throw gasoline on the fire.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-11-28 15:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Think I'm going to save that for Phase II.

For Phase I, I need a couple of volunteers - specifically current, relatively active XI players - to answer some questions. Hit me up in PM or Discord.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2020-11-28 15:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

I guess I should have expected this but still surprised.

Now give me Saga Frontier 2 Remastered and I'll be quite pleased.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-28 15:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

2 is SO bad though. Just couldn't get into it. Played all the stories in one a dozen times but couldn't find a reason to play past the first full screen battle in 2 (like 10 v 10 army or whatever)

Any time a game has like limited use weapons it's a hard sell already
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-11-28 17:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

accidently got myself "hooked" on opiates during the lockdown that I was taking at first for migraines and once in a while just for the heck of it... long story short don't mess with fentanyl. It seriously doesn't take much to get to the point where you are sicker than a dog without it... and no I am not a junkie now. I'm almost completely weened off this nightmare, and will not be going back to it. I'm pissed that I have to waste more money on this stuff just for the weening off part, but this could have ended very badly, very easily.

Edit: I shared this info because I want anyone else who is secretly suffering with this sort of thing to know there is hope and it is possible to quit. Using for fun, and using socially, are some of the main factors that keep people from getting unstuck from this sort of thing. I didn't see any progress in the right direction until I stopped doing those 2 things. I have Christ to thank for prompting me in the right direction from this mistake...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-11-28 19:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For Phase I, I need a couple of volunteers - specifically current, relatively active XI players - to answer some questions. Hit me up in PM or Discord.
Oh good! That leaves me out.

Valefor.Endoq said: »
accidently got myself "hooked" on opiates during the lockdown that I was taking at first for migraines and once in a while just for the heck of it... long story short don't mess with fentanyl. It seriously doesn't take much to get to the point where you are sicker than a dog without it... and no I am not a junkie now. I'm almost completely weened off this nightmare, and will not be going back to it. I'm pissed that I have to waste more money on this stuff just for the weening off part, but this could have ended very badly, very easily.
Chanti's number one rule of drug use:

If it involves needles it IS NOT recreational.

Quote:
... I have Christ to thank for prompting me in the right direction from this mistake...
Anything that works. Also good for you! /hug
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-28 19:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So a watchable version of Tenet leaked today....

...I see why this "flopped" incredibly uninteresting to put it mildly. So much to work with but not diggin' it even a little bit.

"officially" didn't pull numbers because of closures but damn inception it is not.

The last half hour got better, it's cool but not interesting.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-11-28 20:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this drive any of you nuts too, or just me?

Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-11-28 20:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

Ha, can't say I've really noticed that, but I'll probably be more sensitive to it now that you've pointed it out. My personal pet peeve lately is when people non-sarcastically say "kind of", "sort of", or "maybe" in a situation where a wishy-washy answer is either inappropriate or not applicable.

I've known some people who do that quite a bit in normal conversation. There's no need to be sheepish with every statement of fact. Just say it like it is.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-11-28 20:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Oh good! That leaves me out.

Chanti's number one rule of drug use:

If it involves needles it IS NOT recreational.

Quote:
... I have Christ to thank for prompting me in the right direction from this mistake...
Anything that works. Also good for you! /hug
Never used any needles. I did all mine by either eating it or smoking... and yeah, I agree with you on that
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-11-28 22:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

something in this quote drives me nuts, and josi is the only one that knows what he did!
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-11-29 12:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an intersection right outside the local target with all four sides no stop signs or nothing, so every time I drive through there I’m yelling this line lol

[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-11-29 13:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

opiates
That stuff doesn't mess around. I'm glad you survived it - not everyone does - and I wish you the best of luck on your road to recovery.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-11-29 13:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

opiates
That stuff doesn't mess around. I'm glad you survived it - not everyone does - and I wish you the best of luck on your road to recovery.

Agreed, lost one of my friends to heroin addiction 2 years ago. Didn't know he got into that stuff till it was too late :/
[+]
By mhomho 2020-11-29 21:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They're all cheaters aren't they. The whales and the dolphins and the sharks. They're so toxic because they're guilty. The question that keeps them up at night is: how do you know? My question is: why? The game is ruined and in shambles. The black Friday deal was SE laughing. Liars paint their faces like masks to hide who they really are. We're all just left waiting for the punchline.

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-30 09:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have info on the various cultures of the world who have mastered the spicy pepper/chile? The variance in cultures is amazing to me, and I struggle to see any crossover. Just fascinates me.

To partially explain: I find it incredible that Latin cultures mastered the jalapeno and the like, that native american cultures mastered the hatch, the italian boot mastered the marinated cherry pepper and giardaniera(spelling atrocious I know), and that asian cultures mastered the dried chile.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-30 11:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, they don't offer anything in my area.

I get AT&T and Spectrum. I use neither.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-30 11:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it the type of questions you usually hear from an IT tech when you call them for an outage?

My conversations go usually as this:

<Me> Hi, I want to report an internet outage, yes, I already unplugged the router, both from the socket and the connection socket, waited 30 seconds, literally counted to 1030, plugged them back in, waited the usual 2 minutes for the router to reboot, and my internet is still out.
<IT> Ok, well, what I need you to do is unplug the router, both the power box and the internet connection, wait 30 seconds, which I usually count to 1030 starting from 1000, and wait around 2 minutes for the router to reboot. I'll wait until you do that.
<Me> ....
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2020-11-30 11:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Oh no. Our TV boxes are wireless so they have to connect to the internet to watch TV. I wasn't sure if normal TV watching counted toward my data cap or not.
It shouldn't, also eww: cap.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-30 11:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Was it the type of questions you usually hear from an IT tech when you call them for an outage?

My conversations go usually as this:

<Me> Hi, I want to report an internet outage, yes, I already unplugged the router, both from the socket and the connection socket, waited 30 seconds, literally counted to 1030, plugged them back in, waited the usual 2 minutes for the router to reboot, and my internet is still out.
<IT> Ok, well, what I need you to do is unplug the router, both the power box and the internet connection, wait 30 seconds, which I usually count to 1030 starting from 1000, and wait around 2 minutes for the router to reboot. I'll wait until you do that.
<Me> ....

yeah....we don't use scripts....our phone support is completely attuned to your needs...

Also, I had Cox while living in NC several years ago. While their phone support was no better (or worse) than any other large scale provider, I will say their on-site stuff at least in the RDU area was spot on and fast as hell the two times I experienced problems in my area that required techs to actually get out in the field.

Sure didn't have that cap back then, but again, this was several years ago. I wouldn't imagine it has any bearing on that number though (watching TV).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-30 11:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Its like 50 bucks more for unlimited and our bill is already over $200 lol its 1.25 TB so it should be fine.
Holy ***.

I can get internet/TV/phone from Spectrum, even on the cheap side, for about $75/month and there is literally no caps on it.

Hell, I haven't had a cap on internet since the last time I went satellite internet, and that's before they finally brought broadband to us. That was pre-2000s too.
By Jetackuu 2020-11-30 11:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Its like 50 bucks more for unlimited and our bill is already over $200 lol its 1.25 TB so it should be fine.
dafuq is your bill over $200 for?

Get all the channels I guess?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2020-11-30 12:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

dafuq is your bill over $200 for?

Get all the channels I guess?
Yeah, my pops needs all the channels lol its actually $10 cheaper than what we used to have.

Being in the city surprisingly doesn't give me many options. It was either this or Comcast. :I
or dial up.. that's still sadly a thing
Hey at least you have an option besides comcrap.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 21746 21747 21748 ... 22566 22567 22568