Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21711 21712 21713 ... 22566 22567 22568
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-09-19 15:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Anyone have any good experiences with air purifiers? Trying to find a good one
i did a lot of looking about a year ago, but i was limited by the spice saying i shouldnt spend too much, so i was like w/e

i am sure you are not limited by funds, so my choice would not likely be the same as yours - but this was $100 during cyber monday, i didnt care for it being bluetooth, so i got the nonbluetooth one - but energy star (some reading i did and some air purifiers can really wrack up the energy bill, but w/e!), filters are decently cheap, about $20 every 6-10 months, and i haven't had any issues after almost a year having it, pretty quiet too
Amazon - Levoit Air Filter
By Jetackuu 2020-09-19 15:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I straight bought one a few years ago and never took it out of the box... I should probably set one up.
By Draylo 2020-09-19 16:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
i did a lot of looking about a year ago, but i was limited by the spice saying i shouldnt spend too much, so i was like w/e

i am sure you are not limited by funds, so my choice would not likely be the same as yours - but this was $100 during cyber monday, i didnt care for it being bluetooth, so i got the nonbluetooth one - but energy star (some reading i did and some air purifiers can really wrack up the energy bill, but w/e!), filters are decently cheap, about $20 every 6-10 months, and i haven't had any issues after almost a year having it, pretty quiet too

Thanks, thats the same brand I was looking at on Amazon. I saw a cheaper one there:

https://www.amazon.com/LEVOIT-Allergies-Filtration-Eliminators-LV-H132/dp/B07W9KX55D/ref=pd_ybh_a_16?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZJ4048XF1QW0MJ4CQ5GQ

Not sure what the difference is tho.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2020-09-19 17:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, thats the same brand I was looking at on Amazon. I saw a cheaper one there:

https://www.amazon.com/LEVOIT-Allergies-Filtration-Eliminators-LV-H132/dp/B07W9KX55D/ref=pd_ybh_a_16?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZJ4048XF1QW0MJ4CQ5GQ

The more expensive one seems to be almost twice the weight and also seems double the height. At a glace, the more expensive one is meant to serve a larger room.

Just browsed the user manual quickly and the more expensive one requires a higher power rating but has almost triple the effective range ( 360ft^2 vs 129 ft^2 ).

I dunno what most of that means but I imagine if you have a "bigger room", get the "bigger product".
[+]
By ksoze 2020-09-19 18:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Google xiaomi air purifier

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-09-20 00:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

The more expensive one seems to be almost twice the weight and also seems double the height. At a glace, the more expensive one is meant to serve a larger room.

Just browsed the user manual quickly and the more expensive one requires a higher power rating but has almost triple the effective range ( 360ft^2 vs 129 ft^2 ).

I dunno what most of that means but I imagine if you have a "bigger room", get the "bigger product".
Correctomundo, the big boy is for our living room, draylo, I was actually going to get that small model for the bedroom (last year it was 60 on either black friday or cyber Monday, I forget) the light turns off (you'd be surprised), energy star, cheap off brand filters, but I didn't really go nutso on looking for bedroom ones
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-09-21 01:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Only one good guy from the community day today but I’ll take it
Salty that my ghetto mule got a 4 star though

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-09-21 08:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Microsoft bought Bethesda and ZeniMax Media for 7.5 billion.
Yay!

and the cat behind the longcat meme died.
Boo :(

2020 is a strange year.
The most charitable description of it imaginable.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-21 08:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bethesda have sucked for a while, Microsoft consuming their rotten corpse to make Xbox and Windows 10 exclusives will make no difference.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-09-21 10:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a merger that both companies need, Microsoft has no games and Bethesda needs a new direction, along with a huge influx of cash.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-21 11:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Its a merger that both companies need, Microsoft has no games and Bethesda needs a new direction, along with a huge influx of cash.
So they can make more shitty games?

You can put lipstick on a pig.....
By Viciouss 2020-09-21 11:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Elder Scrolls 6 will be legitimately good, Doom and Wolfenstein have been..fine if you like those kind of games. The only franchise they have that is struggling is Fallout.
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2020-09-21 11:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bethesda needs someone to enforce quality control so, so badly. I think this deal makes a ton of sense for them (I mean, 7.5 billion makes sense for pretty much everyone).

I don't think it makes quite as much sense for Microsoft, unless they're really going to take Elder Scrolls and Fallout out of the PS ecosystem, which I doubt they'll do. They won't keep them off PC, so it's not like they're going to sell XBoxes based on that, and the ill will it would generate would be sizable.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-21 11:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
so it's not like they're going to sell XBoxes based on that, and the ill will it would generate would be sizable.
Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened though.

Not on something this scale though.
By Viciouss 2020-09-21 11:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bethesda needs someone to enforce quality control so, so badly. I think this deal makes a ton of sense for them (I mean, 7.5 billion makes sense for pretty much everyone).

I don't think it makes quite as much sense for Microsoft, unless they're really going to take Elder Scrolls and Fallout out of the PS ecosystem, which I doubt they'll do. They won't keep them off PC, so it's not like they're going to sell XBoxes based on that, and the ill will it would generate would be sizable.

Microsoft can publish the games and make money regardless of what system they are sold on, so it's a new, larger revenue stream. Some of the smaller IPs like the aforementioned Doom and Wolfenstein might go exclusive, but the larger ones will be multiplatform. Either way, Microsoft makes money.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-21 11:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way, Microsoft makes money.
Assuming, of course, they actually produce worthwhile products.

I have no skin in this game anyway, I just want to watch the world burn.
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2020-09-21 12:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Microsoft makes money

Do they make 7.5 billion, though? That's the question, the ROI. Like I'm sure they'll get there eventually, but that number seems pretty high unless they've got some specific plans.

I like the deal strategically for Microsoft, just not at that price point.
By Viciouss 2020-09-21 13:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Microsoft makes money

Do they make 7.5 billion, though? That's the question, the ROI. Like I'm sure they'll get there eventually, but that number seems pretty high unless they've got some specific plans.

I like the deal strategically for Microsoft, just not at that price point.

I mean, it seems like a safe bet. 7.5b is less than the total revenue of one game (GTA 5) for Rockstar North. Can Bethesda put out a game like that? Skyrim and Fallout 4 made roughly half that amount, so probably not in one title, but Elder Scrolls 6 could equal those two games, and that would put them halfway home.
By Wordspoken 2020-09-21 13:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually made me laugh, unlike rest of imgur. Whatever happened to, I don't know, all of the humour sites on the internet?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-21 13:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We are getting old, thats whats it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-21 13:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Microsoft bought them to make profit from the sale, they bought them because other companies would of done so if they did not. We are moving into a direction where all the developers people like are going to be bought up and forced to make titles for specific platforms. CDPR will be next.

If they don't buy out some companies they will end up having no games at all being released on their systems in the next gen or two.

No way they will be making their money back for a long long time, if ever.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-21 13:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a bio luminescent jellyfish and appropriate tank for it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-21 13:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »

Actually made me laugh, unlike rest of imgur. Whatever happened to, I don't know, all of the humour sites on the internet?

I'm still mad the ff7 remake didn't offer a turn based battle system as an option, fk dat action combat rubbish. If I want action combat Ill play DMC 5.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-21 15:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It kind of did honestly, you have to input commands to everyone to be efficient. I miss turn based FF games, these damn fortnite kiddies ruining gaming

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-21 16:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's on Disney+ tho.
First Page 2 3 ... 21711 21712 21713 ... 22566 22567 22568